blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:26:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 505908 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2010, 03:14:40 AM »

he is an investment manager isnt he?  he is managing an £80k circa roll which from other threads (ie he cant afford to sit in a soft $5/$10 cash game) implies this investment fund would be 3 or 4 times bigger than his own personal roll.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2010, 03:19:52 AM »

sorry an unpaid 'investment manager' he goes to all this trouble just to look after his friends.  He doesnt expect anything for his services.  He crushes one of the toughest online football betting markets in the world with the handicap of having 5% commisson when most have 2% with his skills and doesnt want to charge anyone a penny for the pleasure.  He doesnt post any real bf P+L's which could easily be scanned onto this forum in a couple of clicks.  Yet he is so talented in his 30's he cant afford to stake himself into a 'very soft' $5/$10 cash game in vegas.  Maybe i am old school or maybe a lot of u have been taken for a ride.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2010, 03:21:53 AM »

sorry james i just assumed everyone on here would know it was you.  u seemed happy enough on awop to tell people under the same user name it was you.  Sorry if i have 'exposed' you in public.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2010, 03:27:30 AM »

sorry an unpaid 'investment manager' he goes to all this trouble just to look after his friends.  He doesnt expect anything for his services.  He crushes one of the toughest online football betting markets in the world with the handicap of having 5% commisson when most have 2% with his skills and doesnt want to charge anyone a penny for the pleasure.  He doesnt post any real bf P+L's which could easily be scanned onto this forum in a couple of clicks.  Yet he is so talented in his 30's he cant afford to stake himself into a 'very soft' $5/$10 cash game in vegas.  Maybe i am old school or maybe a lot of u have been taken for a ride.

how many more times are you going to tell us about the "very soft" $5 $10 in vegas??

lol was about to say the same thing.

You've made your point I think. For someone with no axe to grind you're up late still arguing the toss

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2010, 03:32:59 AM »

i am watching the nba finals on espn.  My fav sport as anyone who knows me will tell u.  Why cant someone answer the question about how a pro punter cant afford to stake himself into a 'very soft' 5/10 game in vegas?  No answers to any of my pretty logical questions.  I dont know many pro punters who operate with a bank that cant afford to comfortably play a game of that size.  If your gang answers the question just one time i will stop bringing it up.  Just like the man hasnt answered any of my other questions i have asked him.  They are really simple to answer.  Most people who know the football markets have the peoples numbers on their phone.  I am pretty sure this investment manager couldnt even tell me their names.  Never mind know them to know which way they will be moving the market.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2010, 03:34:58 AM »

james i dont need anyone in my corner.  My betfair balance/account/points balance does my talking.  Its a big price u see me begging for staking on here with stories which dont add up.  I will await answers to my questions but i dont think they will be forthcoming as certain people dont like being exposed.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2010, 03:43:07 AM »

There's a lot of supposition in your arguments, a lot of 2+2=10. Particulary with regard to Blatch's personal finances.

The screenshot thing is one I don't understand. If you don't trust people and need to ask for screenshots, don't give them 5 figure sums in the first place. Even if you don't and you do, a screenshot won't stop you getting grimmed.

As for missing the South Korea trade, I don't have the skills to critically assess your claim that not trading on this match means that Blatch knows nothing about trading on football games. From a semi lay persons point of view though, your arguments seem full of supposition and do not have me convinced.

You say the thread needs balance. The apperance halfway through the premier season when it seemed he was some sort of God who every week rang a bell and won 5 grand has long since gone. He's hit a bit of variance, to the point where people are questioning whether or not he's "still got it"
Making the same point 11 times is perhaps enough balance for now?

If I were a gambling man I'd wager that he had some run good, now some run bad, but is a profitable trader overall, both in terms of EV and actual results.
You can talk a little more about the South Korea gate scandal and how this proves that he's either been a lucky guesser or a liar all this time, but I'm unlikely to be convinced.

I don't have any money in Blatch for what it's worth. Until you started posting on this thread I half wanted him to either spunk the whole lot or pull off some sort of grim. Now I want him to prosper, such is the whim of the spectator.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:47:58 AM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2010, 03:47:34 AM »

Welcome to the forum arbboy.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2010, 03:52:14 AM »

tank - how many pro punters do u know?  I assume not many without sounding harsh.  I dont know one person who punts for a living soley on betfair like this investment manager does who couldnt comfortably afford to play a 'very soft' 5/10 cash game. 
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2010, 03:58:48 AM »

tank - how many pro punters do u know?  I assume not many without sounding harsh.  I dont know one person who punts for a living soley on betfair like this investment manager does who couldnt comfortably afford to play a 'very soft' 5/10 cash game. 

Perhaps if you opened your mind to the possibility that "being staked" and "begging" are not always synonymous it might open up about 16 or 17 explanations.

I'm not going to help you speculate though because Blatch's personal finances are really none of my buisness.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2010, 04:00:12 AM »

i have no qualms about admitting i was a big arber back in the day when it was easy and the returns from arbing were insane given zero risk and the relative ease of getting on compared to 2010.  My poker name came from that years ago.  I have no reason to change my name now but anyone who knows about the game like you obviously do chompy (not sure if you are g wheldon from the rfo) knows arbing to decent money now online and/or in the shops is virtually impossible nowadays.  Either way arbers on bf are always position takers on the machine and rack up massive bf points and certainly never incur the premium charge whenever they win or lose on bf. 
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2010, 04:01:44 AM »

I know enough professional gamblers to spot the general trend that the best sports betters tend to be nitty and the best poker players tend to be degenerate animals.

Both make good money, but the latter have better nights out
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 04:04:50 AM by thetank » Logged

Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2010, 04:03:45 AM »

Seriously arbboy, for some1 with no agenda yr like this huge spammer just going on and on over the same points.

Just yawn.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2010, 04:04:05 AM »

ok tank u avoided my question.  is it a disease on blonde to avoid answering questions?  so u know many pro punters.  How many couldnt comfortably afford to sit in a 'very soft' $5/$10 cash game?  that was the question i asked.
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2010, 04:06:10 AM »

ok tank u avoided my question.  is it a disease on blonde to avoid answering questions?  so u know many pro punters.  How many couldnt comfortably afford to sit in a 'very soft' $5/$10 cash game?  that was the question i asked.

Poker roll, pro punter roll- different.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: