blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:35:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272602 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Superleague 2010
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Superleague 2010  (Read 11526 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2010, 11:37:18 AM »

Awards night for the Superleague tonight.

Pat Richards - Man of Steel
Sam Tomkins - Young Player of the Year
Madge - Coach of the Year
Wigan Warriors - Club of the Year

Just hope we can add a Grand Final win to that on Saturday!

Was  never in any doubt that these would be the awards winners.

I wasn't confident.  Seen the MOS award in previous years go to undeserving recipients.  Half-expected Morley to get it this year, and he wasn't even the best Warrington player this season.

Back to the Grand Final.  Richard Silverwood is the ref, and I'm happy about that (well I am now, ask me at 8pm tomorrow night Cheesy) - at least it's not that joker Bentham.

The 19-man squads have been announced, and Eastmond is out of the Saints squad, which is no surprise.  I'd have rather had him in there to be honest, as he's well below his best form and obviously not 100% fit.  The Wigan squad is unchanged, and I think it'll be Roberts and Tuson who'll miss out on getting into the final 17-man squad on the day.  Roberts was our most dangerous (and improved) player at the start of the season, and although he's over his injury I just don't think he's had enough matches under his belt recently to go into this game.  We need the replacements in the forwards to compete with the St Helens pack.  Our halves and backs are more than a match for theirs, so as long as we can match them in the forwards we SHOULD win. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2010, 08:35:32 PM »

What was I worried about? Our forwards beat up their pack, and our three-quarters and backs were a different class.

Tommy was quite rightly the man of the match, although Sam tried to nick it. So chuffed as the team have put in so much over the season under Madge. 

We've got three world-class signings from Australia coming over next season, and they're going to have to earn their places to get in the side.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2010, 06:08:53 PM »

I was at the game yesterday. Don't give a fk about RL at all, but it was a pretty good day out and good atmosphere..........
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2010, 08:55:27 PM »

Watched the Australian Grand Final this morning and looking forward to seeing Wigan play St George Illawara in the World Club Challenge.  Shame Pat Richards will probably miss out on the match.

I was at the game yesterday. Don't give a fk about RL at all, but it was a pretty good day out and good atmosphere..........

Pains me to say it, but it's a cracking ground and 71,000 at a rugby league game always provides a great atmosphere.  Shame it wasn't the best game (for the neutral - I enjoyed it immensely Cheesy) in terms of being a close-fought game to the final whistle.  Also, unlike at other rugby league matches, you can't take your beer to your seat with you at the Grand Final - which is always a shame.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2010, 09:00:28 PM »

Hey kin, I haven't read whole thread, but why do you support Wigan?

I'm a huge Wigan fan and a pie eater by birth!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2010, 09:31:31 PM »

Watched the Australian Grand Final this morning and looking forward to seeing Wigan play St George Illawara in the World Club Challenge.  Shame Pat Richards will probably miss out on the match.

Pains me to say it, but it's a cracking ground and 71,000 at a rugby league game always provides a great atmosphere.  Shame it wasn't the best game (for the neutral - I enjoyed it immensely Cheesy) in terms of being a close-fought game to the final whistle.  Also, unlike at other rugby league matches, you can't take your beer to your seat with you at the Grand Final - which is always a shame.

I was pretty much a neutral and enjoyed it immensely. Whenever I go to football matches (which isn't that often) it always makes me realise how shit the atmosphere is compared to Rugby (I watch a lot of club rugby) and yesterday was a great example of that..........
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: