blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:41:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  DTD Deepstack - July 2010 (Staking with a difference...)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Deepstack - July 2010 (Staking with a difference...)  (Read 5254 times)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 08:35:00 AM »

Hi, I'll take a slice please - stars preferably or can do bank.

stars is fine - sharplea

reserved til funds received then booked.
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 09:49:50 AM »

£15.00 on way

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 12:45:08 PM »

dan, neeko, both received. cheers!
jambo22

Me and my boys in Vegas for the 2007 main event

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 07:48:37 AM »

GL mate

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 07:42:10 PM »

GL mate

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 07:48:30 PM »

Any left? I'll have a slice if so. Wasn't sure if i was playing or not. Now know that i'm not!

Blue text
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 08:57:49 PM »

Any left? I'll have a slice if so. Wasn't sure if i was playing or not. Now know that i'm not!

reserved, stars or bank?
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 02:34:19 PM »

reserved, stars or bank?

pm me your bank details. will do it this afternoon.

Blue text
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 08:32:12 PM »

Report:

Obv, I'm home now and we didn't win.

I was expecting a comp of very high standards personally, and was quite surprised that it really wasn't. The only person I knew on my first table was Paul Pitchford, and he departed pretty early when he ran KK into Ben Reynolds' 10-10 which made quads on the turn. A very weak player then busted from seat 4 (I was in seat 2) and was replaced by an alternate. Peter Chararararararararararararalambos. A few hands after he joined, I limped with A-Jos along with a couple of others and Pete bumped it up to 725 at 75-150. I called and we saw a K-10-x all club flop. I had the Jack clubs and check-called a 1100 bet. The turn was the 2 clubs and it went check-check. The river was a blank and I led for 2150. Charra tank-folded eventually, claiming a set.

That put me up to about 13k and that was my highlight for the day. Despite a pretty passive table, I was getting abs crap in the hole and was just blinding away, apart from one raise with K-K which got the blinds. The only other hand of note pre-antes was raising K-Q from the hijack after 1 limper and getting called by the SB and the limper. The flop came A-rag-rag and a c-bet on the flop took it down. A rocky image was firmly established when seat 6 turns to Reynolds and says "He had an A MINIMUM there, he hasn't played a hand in 3hrs!" [   ] Nice read, sir.

After the second break when the antes kicked in, I had about 11k and was in the BB with A-Jdd. The BTN raised to approx 550-600 and I 3-bet to 1575. BTN flatted and we saw a Q-9-8cc flop all black. I stabbed for 1950 and the BTN tank-shoved. If I'd had a club then it would have been a closer decision as I really thought this guy had air, but I have 4 outs if I'm wrong and I had 6.5k back, so I eventually passed.

From then on it was just trying to find spots to shove and double up. I either had monsters or complete air, which was summed up when I was on the BB with K-K and it was folded to the SB. He min-raised and I shoved. He snap-folded. The very next hand, I look down at the exact same 2 cards! This time, there is a limp then a raise from seat 8 (the BTN with the AJdd) and I shove again. Everyone folds and I show my hand for image reasons. This works as I get another 2 re-shoves through but blinds and antes are killing me, and a new player in seat 1 is very active and I'm just not finding the spots.

We hit 200-400/25a and I look down at 8-8 UTG+1. Seat 1 limps and this sets alarm bells off, I think I actually made a comment about it. I limp behind with the intention of shoving over a raise. Charra duly obliges and I'm ready to shove, only for seat 8 to shove before me from the SB! He had completely rocked up since the earlier hand as well, so this just screamed strength to me. Seat 1 tank-folds, which surprises me, and Charra makes a comment or does something, I can't exactly remember, but he was also screaming strength. I have 6.5k if I pass and eventually decide to give it up. Charra snaps and they both chop the Q high board with A-K off. I spoke with Tighty about this hand and he said that he would have folded as well, but it was an interesting one and thoughts would be appreciated. As it happens, seat 1 claimed to have passed J-J!

Blinds go up to 300-600/50a and I pass through the blinds which leaves me with about 4.5k. I then get moved to another table and the only person I know on there is Rooks. 2 to my left though is a very loose, drunk Irishman and he was playing at about 85/40. Ask Rooks what his opinion of the guy was later, and stand back! I slot in behind the button and fold a never ending stream of deuces til my BB. Rooks opens for 1600 from CO and I look down at K-8cc. With 600 in and 3600 back it all went in. Rooks snapped as expected and he had A-5os. I flop top pair but Rooks hits his gutterball on the turn and I'm shaking hands and laughing 10 mins later when Joobs gets moved into the same seat!

Pretty pissed that I didn't cash tbf as I thought I was playing well, but I was ridic card dead for most of the tournament, I've never folded 9-6 off so many times in my life (I counted and it was about 10-13 times). Cheers for the faith though guys, and I'm sorry I didn't bring home the bacon!
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2010, 09:28:28 PM »

tl;dr

How much did you win?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2010, 09:34:33 PM »

sigh, run better next time pls

Blue text
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2010, 09:56:25 PM »

tl;dr

How much did you win?

The same amount you did sir.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 02:51:04 PM »

88 is an easy fold vs UTG limp and a Big Charra raise

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 03:02:56 PM »

We aren't deep enough to peel with 88 here,I probably just jam unless utg is a proper nit.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2010, 06:00:41 PM »

UTG had only been at the table for about 10 hands, seemed active but he had raised every hand he'd played, this was the first time I'd seen him limp, especially UTG as well. My intention is to see a flop, but once Charra raises I'm either shoving or folding dependent on action.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: