blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:02:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  hi all only good players need reply
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: hi all only good players need reply  (Read 4383 times)
eartoplay

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2010, 06:22:46 PM »

hi had a small win last night only £120 but just enough to make me keep playing at the £40 or £50 level and am surprised that the level of play does not go up with the price of the entry fee
thanks for all the replies
PS I'm on 4 forums none of them poker related and there is always a MR DICKIE with comments that in no way help. my writing skills are from many problems that i had in my childhood and i am on here for poker and am sorry if it upsets you .will you charge me for your assistance and how many nights a week are you free
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2010, 06:29:32 PM »

Hi Eartoplay

A couple of people asked me to come and comment on this thread as it is obviously me your directing your questions at.

Firstly I will explain why there is no difference in the level of play between a £10 comp, a £50 comp and a £300 comp.
There are two points you must remember, only a very small percentage of players have a basic understanding of the game, this means that most players just play badly and like to get claim there skill has got them a victory.
The truth of it is that the skill element of poker is officially 1.134%, therefore it makes little difference how good you are, or how well you understand the game.
Poker was set up by the government to raise funds for the illegal war in Iraq, basically it created a never ending circle of money moving around creating winners, but always eventually losers. All the time 5% of every prize pool is split 2.5% to the Taliban and 2.5% to the UK and US forces to maintain the continuation of the war.

I would suggest tiddlywink competitions as the are 100% above board and involve a lot more skill than poker.

I would also recommend playing the cash poker, I have yet to lose a buy in.

Hope the above helps.

Thx

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2010, 06:43:18 PM »

Hi Eartoplay

A couple of people asked me to come and comment on this thread as it is obviously me your directing your questions at.

Firstly I will explain why there is no difference in the level of play between a £10 comp, a £50 comp and a £300 comp.
There are two points you must remember, only a very small percentage of players have a basic understanding of the game, this means that most players just play badly and like to get claim there skill has got them a victory.
The truth of it is that the skill element of poker is officially 1.134%, therefore it makes little difference how good you are, or how well you understand the game.
Poker was set up by the government to raise funds for the illegal war in Iraq, basically it created a never ending circle of money moving around creating winners, but always eventually losers. All the time 5% of every prize pool is split 2.5% to the Taliban and 2.5% to the UK and US forces to maintain the continuation of the war.

I would suggest tiddlywink competitions as the are 100% above board and involve a lot more skill than poker.

I would also recommend playing the cash poker, I have yet to lose a buy in.

Hope the above helps.

Thx

Think Mr Dickie can help you too Smiley Only with the writing skills obviously as you obviously have this poker thing sussed.

Mr Earacheplay - I think someone with such levels of self confidence as you obviously have shouldn't be asking for help. You sound like exactly the kind of guy who wouldn't listen anyway.

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2010, 06:56:14 PM »

i assume you are talking about tournaments, with 40-100 players in. in which case, you should really have 30-50buy ins of whatever level you wish to play at. If you the players you play are really bad and you play very tight solid poker then 20-25 may just be enough.

I.e. you need to have at the very least £800 (£40x20) in your poker bankroll in order to comfortably play £40 tournaments. I don't know if you know the reasons for why you need a lot of buyins to play tournaments, post back if you don't. Basically a £120 win shouldn't mean you jump up to £40 comps.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
eartoplay

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2010, 07:59:58 PM »

hi cambridgealex i know that £120 is only a drop in the ocean but in my first post it is more that i have been playing for a couple of years in the cheapest tournaments and am in profit so just wanted to know everyones ideas for jumping up a level or 1 big tournament i will keep playing the £40 or £50 as I'm still doing OK but most of the time final table but just of the money .only about 30 to 40 runners where i play
now the good players are here Stuart hopkin 1.134% skill ? so there is hope for me yet .and have gone down the tiddlywink road before and had very bad experiences and have the scars to prove it
 PS sorry for all the speeling mistokkes
The Lad

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2010, 08:07:09 PM »

hi cambridgealex i know that £120 is only a drop in the ocean but in my first post it is more that i have been playing for a couple of years in the cheapest tournaments and am in profit so just wanted to know everyones ideas for jumping up a level or 1 big tournament i will keep playing the £40 or £50 as I'm still doing OK but most of the time final table but just of the money .only about 30 to 40 runners where i play
now the good players are here Stuart hopkin 1.134% skill ? so there is hope for me yet .and have gone down the tiddlywink road before and had very bad experiences and have the scars to prove it
 PS sorry for all the speeling mistokkes

spell check?
eartoplay

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2010, 08:25:54 PM »

it was a jooke
The Lad

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2010, 08:30:48 PM »

it was a jooke

the thread?
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2010, 09:44:38 PM »

nope. the level jump.

followed by the thread

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: