blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:53:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  QQ, easy fold or snap call
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: QQ, easy fold or snap call  (Read 3658 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 06:35:02 PM »

I am a nit and folded. Then busted 20 mins later!!

class lol....
Did bb sigh groans fold?

yeah, he was chirping chips and looking to peel with a sooted AJ. Many thanks for all the replies, att I believed it was a standard fold and when talking the hand through with a poker player buddy he said 'you what!!!'. Hence the post to get a feel for just how bad I am!!

A lot of people get fooled by the 10k starting stack and think they're playing genuine deepstack poker where folding QQ here would be a formality.

Put yourself in the £300 comp for example with the same number of chips and at the same level and you can justify passing QQ.

The difference is that there are more levels in the deepstack and the extra 15 mins per level make a huge difference. You can fold QQ and you still have time to get them back. In this comp you have to take a few chances because the blinds will catch up before you know what's happening. If oppo has you crushed you just bink and win.

and nobody binks quite as well as Mr Pie

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 08:05:23 AM »

I would have folded,

but then I played a hand @ DTD once when I 3bet QQ vs a young guy @ 100/200 no like 950 and the old man next to me who hasnt played a single hand in the 2.5hours he's been there moves all in without dropping breath,
I sigh, fold and flips JJ and says, "its better to just take the pot down with Jacks"

Since then Iv never folded QQ to a live player ever

railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 12:10:25 PM »

I would have folded,

but then I played a hand @ DTD once when I 3bet QQ vs a young guy @ 100/200 no like 950 and the old man next to me who hasnt played a single hand in the 2.5hours he's been there moves all in without dropping breath,
I sigh, fold and flips JJ and says, "its better to just take the pot down with Jacks"

ud never fold qq in any form of the game dave, lets be honest
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 11:31:18 AM »

I would have folded,

ud never fold qq in any form of the game dave, lets be honest

Iv folded a single queen before, but man seems pretty hard when u have two of them

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 05:20:42 AM »

I am a nit and folded. Then busted 20 mins later!!

class lol....
Did bb sigh groans fold?

yeah, he was chirping chips and looking to peel with a sooted AJ. Many thanks for all the replies, att I believed it was a standard fold and when talking the hand through with a poker player buddy he said 'you what!!!'. Hence the post to get a feel for just how bad I am!!

A lot of people get fooled by the 10k starting stack and think they're playing genuine deepstack poker where folding QQ here would be a formality.

Put yourself in the £300 comp for example with the same number of chips and at the same level and you can justify passing QQ.

The difference is that there are more levels in the deepstack and the extra 15 mins per level make a huge difference. You can fold QQ and you still have time to get them back. In this comp you have to take a few chances because the blinds will catch up before you know what's happening. If oppo has you crushed you just bink and win.

All sorts of "what??" in this post. Right conclusion tho, that's what counts.

o yes. because lets not forget we're in a results business after all...

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: