blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 04:47:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272991 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Moving on......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Moving on......  (Read 57283 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2010, 12:44:15 AM »

long time lurker
not often poster
see no reason this thread benefits any one
wash your dirty laundry in Private IMO
delete thread IMO

inappropriate to insinuate against then ban IMO

I'm pretty sure no insuations have been made. Point me in the right direction if i'm wrong though.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
h

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2010, 12:49:42 AM »

long time lurker
not often poster
see no reason this thread benefits any one
wash your dirty laundry in Private IMO
delete thread IMO

inappropriate to insinuate against then ban IMO

I'm pretty sure no insinuations have been made. Point me in the right direction if I'm wrong though.

gee i wish i was so clever  us more key board challenged salute  you dexterity

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2010, 01:02:41 AM »

Vinni, tbf, there are insinuations here. When I read the first few posts with no knowledge, I didn't think Kev was barred because the shareholders thought he was such a shining beacon that him being around made them look bad.

I thought, like anyone would have thought, based on what was written, that he must've done something terrible. Ergo, without the facts, by definition, there are insinuations.

Irrespective of what details emerge over time, I don't like insinuations - too playground gossipy for me.

sola virtus nobilitat
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2010, 01:10:32 AM »

Vinni, tbf, there are insinuations here. When I read the first few posts with no knowledge, I didn't think Kev was barred because the shareholders thought he was such a shining beacon that him being around made them look bad.

I thought, like anyone would have thought, based on what was written, that he must've done something terrible. Ergo, without the facts, by definition, there are insinuations.

Irrespective of what details emerge over time, I don't like insinuations - too playground gossipy for me.

Meh, ok, maybe  didn't word it correctly.

But it is facts that are being dealt with, not playground gossip.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2010, 01:21:00 AM »

That maybe, but in writing on here, it's gossip, and in my opinion its not very edifying

sola virtus nobilitat
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2010, 01:29:26 AM »

That maybe, but in writing on here, it's gossip, and in my opinion its not very edifying

Don't understand Glennda.

By writing on here it's gossip? It's stating that he has been banned for a specific or specific reasons that don't need to be aired on blonde. Reasons that are fact rather than assumption/speculation etc. Some sort of announcement had to be made. If not then it could have been worse. The way it has been done benefits Kev imo.

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2010, 01:46:35 AM »

Sigh @ thread. I mean wtf.

Man Utd sell Wayne Rooney and owners come out and say "It was the best decision", and expect there to be no questions asked as to what went down.

Obviously Kev isn't exactly Wayne Rooney (sorry Kev) but still.

GL in the future Kev...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:48:59 AM by MC » Logged

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
brummieboy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2010, 01:49:33 AM »

Just found out the details, don't think anyones going to come out with any credit, really should have been dealt with privately.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2010, 01:52:11 AM »

Dont really feel very argumentative about this and each to their own obv, in terms of how things are handled.

A few other people have suggested similar to what I'll do now, which is, a simple, "Kev has been banned for reasons that can't be discussed" without further follow ups would have felt straightforward, served the same purpose and lacked any sense of insinuation - just a statement of fact.

Can't quite put my finger on why everything over and above this feels a bit bullying, campaigining, kangaroo courty (like a charge list without charges)

TBH, no real axe to grind, had my tuppence worth and will likely be quiet now. Only likely though

xx

sola virtus nobilitat
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2010, 02:04:30 AM »

I personally knew nothing of what is going on and was quite happy that way. Now I know that something is going on and my natural curiosity means that I want to know more as will everyone else.

By making this thread you are just encouraging exactly what you say you don't want. It will just just cause more speculation and hearsay.

This^^^
Totally pointless thread imo
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2010, 02:07:42 AM »

I think a lot of Kev and hope he's back on his feet soon but does anyone think Tikay or Tighty/Flushy aren't doing what they think is best just accept thats there decision and leave it at that.I also wish Kev the very best in his recovery and have no idea what's gone on and don't feel the need to know but the sly comments are pretty ridic.Sometimes a debate really isn't appropriate;this seems like one of those times!!!!

Justice doesn't just have to be done, it has to be seen to be done.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2010, 02:14:42 AM »

Meh, we all make mistakes in life. Sometimes a bit of understanding is required when people are going through a rough time. I thought mates were supposed to be there for the tough times?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:16:55 AM by Woodsey » Logged
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2010, 02:29:53 AM »

Meh, we all make mistakes in life. Sometimes a bit of understanding is required when people are going through a rough time. I thought mates were supposed to be there for the tough times?

depends how much it costs, whole thing stinks imo

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2010, 02:31:58 AM »

depends how much it costs, whole thing stinks imo

You put a price on friendship?
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2010, 04:08:03 AM »

Why is everyone jumping on Tikay here?  Kev obv did something that caused Tikay to make this decision, its not like he has a habit of randomly banning someone of Kevs Blonde stature for no reason.  Its reminding me of the Blatch thread where everyone was ready to kill to defend his honour with no evidence to back it up only to look stupid when the truth came out.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: