blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:13:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2010 Ashes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 62 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 Ashes  (Read 79323 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2010, 02:14:10 AM »

I know this is completely against anything that Woodsey would ever do so it's probably not the thread I should be posting such thoughts on BUT.....

Are Australia value @ 13/10 in the first test?

Last 5 series 1st test - 4 Australia wins 1 draw
Last 5 series down under 1st test - 4 Australia wins 1 draw

Not sure if it counts as betting against your team still but Australia to win the test and England to win the series is 12/1. I expect a close series but don't ever remember us being quick starters in the Ashes.
http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/international/ashes/australia-v-england-%5B1st-test%5D/match-and-series-double

Mmm, I'd say not tbh, Clarke is a doubt for the first game now too. I suppose the 12/1 isn't the worst thing I dunno, the thing is if the Aussies win the first game it will be a close series, if we win I think we will take the series 3-1 minimum.........

How about this market? England to win by 2 is 10/1, that's not bad imo........

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/international/ashes/winning-margin

Or a cheeky 40/1 on 4-0 to England, take your pick...........

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/international/ashes/series-correct-score
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2010, 02:17:26 AM »

The 13/24 for England to win the series is still value imo. I genuinely think England are slight favourites for the series even though the Aussies are at home. Can't believe the aussies are even money tbh...........
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2010, 02:17:38 AM »

I know this is completely against anything that Woodsey would ever do so it's probably not the thread I should be posting such thoughts on BUT.....

Not sure if it counts as betting against your team still but Australia to win the test and England to win the series is 12/1. I expect a close series but don't ever remember us being quick starters in the Ashes.
http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/international/ashes/australia-v-england-%5B1st-test%5D/match-and-series-double

Plus those two draws, one was a last day thunderstorm that saved us, and the other was the last wicket heroics of Panesar and Anderson.

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2010, 02:19:58 AM »

Plus those two draws, one was a last day thunderstorm that saved us, and the other was the last wicket heroics of Panesar and Anderson.

I think you can throw history out the window for this series. The team that put those wins in was basically the best team in the history of cricket..........
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 02:21:37 AM by Woodsey » Logged
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2010, 02:23:18 AM »

I agree. I was gonna add no Warne, McGrath, Gilchrist, Hayden, Langer etc makes it irrellevent but i cba.

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2010, 02:39:07 AM »

Meh I think the bookies have it about right imo. I would deffo take England at a neutral venue(s) over 5 tests which is pretty much the first time in 25 yrs I can honestly say that.

Think recent Ashes tests have little bearing especially in Australia where England have been so inferior in every department. We are properly prepared this time and injury free the exact opposite of 2006. The value in picking 1st tests out against the whole series is when touring teams are under done/ in completely alien conditions (think England in May on green tops).

Really looking forward to this series and am expecting to be tarding up this thread on a regular basis.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2010, 09:07:56 AM »

What are people doing for watching this ? I'm debating whether to change my schedule around so I can watch this but it makes it awkward when I have to go to real work Monday morning,sigh.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2010, 09:12:51 AM »

Got loads of holiday left so will probably take the 2nd test off work but for this one i'm going for 5-6am wake ups and start my 9-5 work from home job early.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2010, 09:23:29 AM »

Got loads of holiday left so will probably take the 2nd test off work but for this one i'm going for 5-6am wake ups and start my 9-5 work from home job early.

Won't you only catch an hour watching up from 5? or is tea at 4.40am?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2010, 09:25:37 AM »

Won't you only catch an hour watching up from 5? or is tea at 4.40am?

For the first one the programme finishes at 8 so I'm guessing they expect the cricket to finish about 7,the only test that'll be different is the third at Perth.Pretty sick that the fourth test starts Christsmas Day/Boxing Day.
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2010, 09:45:52 AM »

At the Gabba in the last 10 tests Aussies have won 8 drawn 2. They won the toss 3/10.

4 times they won by an innings including 2 out of the last 3. Smallest win was by 149 runs.

Sandy
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2010, 10:19:47 AM »

At the Gabba in the last 10 tests Aussies have won 8 drawn 2. They won the toss 3/10.

4 times they won by an innings including 2 out of the last 3. Smallest win was by 149 runs.

Sandy

Of course, but the plain fact is the Aussies were better than our team in the last ten tests. Now shorn of McGrath and Warne especially but also Gilchrist, Hayden, Langer and Gillespie its a lot closer in terms of ability.

I think it will be a close series, with us having the advantage in a few areas counter-balanced by the fact that the Aussies are so strong at home

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2010, 10:26:32 AM »

I'll be doing my usual of watching the first session (11pm-1am) then catching up with highlights on the morrow.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2010, 10:28:33 AM »

First session 12-2, hour build up on Sky beforehand

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2010, 11:13:45 AM »

So 12-2, 2.40-4.40, 5-close of play?
That's what I thought it was and thought i'd catch the last session each day.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 62 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: