blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:52:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Reasons why I ask is it worth it?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reasons why I ask is it worth it?  (Read 77433 times)
riverdave

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2010, 07:21:35 PM »

Sorry for being naive..

(Hope Keys gets another good laugh out of this post)

Why don't these grimmers just say to their friends "I'm busto, can you lend me some money?" instead of all the bs?

FWIW i've not grimmed in this manner just done a couple of stupid things on stakes. I can't imagine it is that easy to borrow money admitting you are skint though? If you openly admit to having done it all in at poker where is the lenders confidence level in their ability to repay going to come from? PS can you lend us a bag? ;-)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2010, 07:29:42 PM »

Sorry for being naive..

Why don't these grimmers just say to their friends "I'm busto, can you lend me some money?" instead of all the bs?

FWIW i've not grimmed in this manner just done a couple of stupid things on stakes. I can't imagine it is that easy to borrow money admitting you are skint though? If you openly admit to having done it all in at poker where is the lenders confidence level in their ability to repay going to come from? PS can you lend us a bag? ;-)

Just for you..............

Click to see full-size image.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2010, 07:30:40 PM »

Yeh good, honest post. GL in the future railtard.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2010, 07:33:19 PM »

Sorry for being naive..

Depends on who are asking I guess.

If I was broke, I would explain the situation to a friend (not a random poker player) and ask for a loan and say I'd pay them back as soon as I've got it.

Going through all the bs excuses surely makes it less likely you are going to get a loan and more importantly make you look like a grimmer when you don't repay.

If you were totally skint I might lend you a small amount to live on (nowhere near a grand though). I definitely wouldn't lend you money to gamble.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Sack it off

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2010, 07:40:43 PM »

Marc, this seems to be an honest account of how you got in the situation you did.

Don't know why you had to borrow the money the way you did though, it is little wonder people think you are a scammer when you ask for transfers and don't come through with your end.

Why not just say you're busto atm can I borrow some cash?

Anyway, I still think you are a pretty decent bloke and a really good player.. gl in the future.

+1

He was obv too proud to ask to borrow cash and clear his reputation means alot to him
riverdave

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2010, 07:49:37 PM »

Sorry for being naive..

Depends on who are asking I guess.

If I was broke, I would explain the situation to a friend (not a random poker player) and ask for a loan and say I'd pay them back as soon as I've got it.

Going through all the bs excuses surely makes it less likely you are going to get a loan and more importantly make you look like a grimmer when you don't repay.

If you were totally skint I might lend you a small amount to live on (nowhere near a grand though). I definitely wouldn't lend you money to gamble.

Ah well now we are talking about 2 entirely different things i'd see no reason to come out with any bs if you just wanted money to live on but guy ITT clearly wanted to carry on gambling to try and get out of the mess he had created.
At least the high stakes HU sharks have had a nice touch out of this story it's a classic rich get richer poor get poorer.
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2010, 07:52:12 PM »

Ah found it

http://www.aworldofpoker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20508

Just for james at his request lol

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2010, 07:57:45 PM »

Good luck getting everyone paid back Marc and getting back on your feet.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2010, 08:00:17 PM »

wwaiiiiit a minute?! he played durr?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2010, 08:23:20 PM »

pretty funny some of the responses, especially from some of the people who dont know me or anything about the situation.

I will try to be as honest as possible in this post, and if i get some non constructive replys, and highlighted sentences intending to annoy / tilt / belittle me, i wont post on this subject again.

Ok, i do owe a few people money. Some of the amounts have been exaggerated, but basically its true. Im obv very annoyed at myself, but tbh as bram said, not surprising.

Ive had a good year in strictly poker terms and have crushed mtt;s. I have allways been outspoken and have never shyed away from any criticism or spotlight. After having a couple of huge scores i started backing people, and although its worked out decent, the extras that go with it have meant im not sure if im winning as a backer or not (its close i think). Im obv not backing anyone at the moment and have like $35k of make up outstanding which i realise is gg'd. I spent alot of money buying nice things, and buying nice things for other people. Being too generous at times was obv -EV, and in hindsight i done some stupid things trying to be good to people! I backed some people who where never going to win money as poker players simply because i felt i should be helping my friends out when i have money and they dont.

Alot of the comments on 2+2 etc r not even close to true and some of it is simply made up to obv make me look worse.. similar with some of the posts on here. If people had better things to do then they prob wouldnt have to b writing things about me.

Ive lost a ton of money playing live poker over the last year, building day one stacks, often having day 2 chip leads and spewing off for no particular reason. When i started to get thru money i continued backing people when i couldnt really afford to which was obv naive, and only done it because i didnt wana lose face i guess!

I then opened a betfair account, mainly to bet on world cup with, and i lost money on the world cup, but betfair had no depo limits so i could literally depo any amount i wnated to on there and hamble as high as i like. I remember one night, i lost like £25k in an hour i think, obv i was pretty ill that night and didnt sleep. But the loss didnt really bother me which was pretty sick. I did self ban myself from there after that, and have not been on there since obv. In fact i have not gambled since away from poker. Getting low on funds i started borrwing $ from people who i would trust me to lend me money. I would basically play, then pay back if i won, and owe for a week or sumink if i didnt. I know i should of tried to get backed a while ago, but too proud i guess, Plus, wasnt sure who i could ask, as all the "friends" i had when i had money, were suddenly either not my friends now, or didnt have money now! I didnt borrow money from people with intention of not paying it back, i just wasnt thinking AT ALL!  

Its pretty hard for me to write this tbh, but felt it was neccesary as people were posting on here with NO CLUE as to what was happening. To clear up, i dont owe cos money, im not sure where that came from. He was backed by me, and left on neutral terms a coupla K in make up i think.

Dreenie has made some funny posts, to the point i laughed wne i wrote them, i think its none of ur business, i owe u not a penny, and u posting here is making urself look really petty. I think u should sort urself out before u wana have a go at me.

Im not proud that i owe a few people money, and the wprst thign is, its obv gona be hard for me to get a backer at the moment which ruins the best chance i have of paying the money back immediately (despite allways being good with backers in the past). I do however have a few assets which i am going to try liquidate in the near future and settle with people. Im really not sure why this thread was made tbh as i dont owe cos money, and its like even like i owe the whole of the blonde community money! I will pay people asap, i have allways paid everythign back!

To settle a few other things that were said on here, INCORRECTLY... my tilt name is railtard1, my stars name was DDfromDS, but it got blocked pending some form of ID (which i have no way of getting) because i had an account with them wen i was like 16 or sumink and i deposited maybe $50. They wanted the card details o deposited on, but this is ridic as its 8 years ago. I played the sunday million one sunday on dean23price, my house mates account, and shiped it for $232k, toby had 10% of it, and he then used the account (by himself, taking over from me after 2 hours), to win the stars super tuesday which were 50/50 in. I was not playing any comps on 2 accounts, no multi accounting was done in anyway! Stars would of not been able to prove anythign obv as its deans address also. I dont use the account anymore, and wont do in future.

As i said i wont/cant play online for a bit untill i sorted some stuff out, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later because behind all of this, i think im quite talented at the game (regardless of what people may say). I will read some more of this thread if it is sensible comments and stuff, but if it turns into a "bear baiting" affair, i wont read or reply to the thread, and ur only wasting ur own time then!

I do regret the way thigs have turned out OBVIOUSLY!, and i am gutted i let it get out of control like this, but only im to blame, and i got out of it once, id like to think ill be back in the game very very soon (after i have paid the owed $ back obviously).

Gl

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL - You really are quite funny, is that the only comeback you can come back with? - you really make me laugh, you didn't ask me for $$ on Tuesday night then? - You didn't take my friends $500 from tilt last night and not send it on stars, saying your computer was down?, you did not ask me to send you 3k on stars in November last yr, when I won the 80k, saying you needed it in a cash challenge? - Tell me I'm Lying and I'll STFU - untill then I hope you rot! - Do you think I care one bit about what you think of me? - I've won big comps, tilted off loads, and I'm skinter than a church mouse, but I'm not trying to be something I'm not, I openly admit Im a stupid mug, who fell into the "gambling" trap, you are just a pumped off show off - who thinks the poker world owes you something, get a grip.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2010, 08:26:36 PM »

Sorry for being naive..

Which is just another way of saying your obtaining money by deception.

As for Marcs post, it just confirms Cos's thoughts on him being an NPD, and pretty conclusively
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2010, 09:02:24 PM »

Just out of interest....Does Railtard drive a Fiesta as well.....or does he at least "look" like he has won a few quid???

Heard it all before haven't we.

Accusation of Grimming>>>>>>>Cue more accusations>>>>>>Pathetic excuses for the defence>>>>>>>Grimmer threatens to not post if he gets hassle>>>>>>Disapppears!

When will you mugs learn to stop lending money to "poker friends"?

Sorry if this upsets some of you but surely now some of you will think twice before shipping to someone who "was a nice guy"

I genuinely hope that you all get your money back, and to those of you who say things like "I hope the guy gets the help he needs".  Behave yourselves, deserves to rot IMO.

Sure, I don't know half the facts of all this, but seeing as it's on a public forum, I'm entitled to have my say.

Lesson learned?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2010, 09:08:59 PM »

^^^ yeah obw, that's why I staked someone about an hour ago :-)
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2010, 09:10:25 PM »

Sigh
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2010, 09:15:09 PM »

[ ] I will lose some sleep in the unlikely event I get grimmed for £125.....
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: