blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:05:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Reasons why I ask is it worth it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reasons why I ask is it worth it?  (Read 77436 times)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2010, 05:50:30 PM »

I'm hazy to the rules of using someone elses account..

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/support/security-faq/#accountinfo

# How many accounts am I allowed to have?
# One. Having more than one account is not allowed and considered as a breach of our Terms of Service.
# Can I share my account with someone else?
# No - it is strictly forbidden to share your account with anyone or to use someone else's account.

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/rules/

Examples of permissible exceptions that we give below are intended to describe examples of unplanned but serious events which are beyond your control.

Examples of things which are not beyond your control and therefore prohibited include:

1. Going to bed and letting someone else finish the tournament.
   2. Entering a tournament then getting on an airplane, or embarking on any other pre-planned trip, while asking a friend to play your account while you change location.
   3. Deciding that it would be fun to finish the Sunday Million at Joe's house then asking Joe to take over your account, while you make the 30-minute trip to his house.
   4. You and a friend are playing in the same tournament. You agree that if he busts out before you do, he will take over playing your account.
   5. Your husband is out of town for the weekend, but gives you his password. You log into both his account and yours and play both accounts in the same tournament.
   6. You have progressed to the final few tables of a tournament and somebody offers you cash equity for your seat. You allow the other player to sign into your account, or you continue to finish the tournament following the explicit instructions given by him.

Examples of things which are beyond your control and therefore allowed, subject to PokerStars being able to corroborate with evidence, include:

1. A thunderstorm strikes your location and takes the power down for the surrounding area, so you call a friend to take over your account while you make alternative arrangements.
   2. Your child is taken ill and you have to attend hospital, so you call a friend to take over your account.
   3. You are playing in a tournament and lose internet access in your home due to a failure of your ISP. You call a friend and he takes over while you make alternative arrangements.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2010, 05:52:23 PM »

Sigh relegated to 3rd best grimmer of all time.

Had heard all the stories and told dreenie to be careful with this guy.

I know I reeeeeeeeally shouldn't laugh but have to admit I LOL'ed a little bit..............
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2010, 05:56:15 PM »

I'm hazy to the rules of using someone elses account..

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/support/security-faq/#accountinfo

# How many accounts am I allowed to have?
# One. Having more than one account is not allowed and considered as a breach of our Terms of Service.
# Can I share my account with someone else?
# No - it is strictly forbidden to share your account with anyone or to use someone else's account.

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/rules/

Examples of permissible exceptions that we give below are intended to describe examples of unplanned but serious events which are beyond your control.

Examples of things which are not beyond your control and therefore prohibited include:

1. Going to bed and letting someone else finish the tournament.
   2. Entering a tournament then getting on an airplane, or embarking on any other pre-planned trip, while asking a friend to play your account while you change location.
   3. Deciding that it would be fun to finish the Sunday Million at Joe's house then asking Joe to take over your account, while you make the 30-minute trip to his house.
   4. You and a friend are playing in the same tournament. You agree that if he busts out before you do, he will take over playing your account.
   5. Your husband is out of town for the weekend, but gives you his password. You log into both his account and yours and play both accounts in the same tournament.
   6. You have progressed to the final few tables of a tournament and somebody offers you cash equity for your seat. You allow the other player to sign into your account, or you continue to finish the tournament following the explicit instructions given by him.

Examples of things which are beyond your control and therefore allowed, subject to PokerStars being able to corroborate with evidence, include:

1. A thunderstorm strikes your location and takes the power down for the surrounding area, so you call a friend to take over your account while you make alternative arrangements.
   2. Your child is taken ill and you have to attend hospital, so you call a friend to take over your account.
   3. You are playing in a tournament and lose internet access in your home due to a failure of your ISP. You call a friend and he takes over while you make alternative arrangements.

Thanks. That's pretty comprehensive.

Marc was pretty open in using the Dean23price account, so multiaccounting wasn't really likely.

Still pretty confused Stars didn't stop him though. I had never heard of his account until today.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2010, 06:01:10 PM »

Those who have told me this afternoon they are owed is at 11 people who are owed money totalling around $40k at the monent so I doubt anyone should hold high hopes of getting it back any time soon if at all.

I've just had a brief text exchange with Marc and told him to come on and post. Hopefully he will do and give an outline of the situation

Rather worryingly one of his concerns was that no-one gave him credit on the thread as a great player when to me, this isn't even relevant.

More than the other scammers I've encountered since delving into the poker world, Marc has made the least sense to me....

Until when talking about him I was sent this: https://health.google.com/health/ref/Narcissistic+personality+disorder

Pretty much every single one of those symptoms seems spot on.

I hope Marc can get help.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2010, 06:05:09 PM »

I know I shouldn't but I lol'd..  But still 2nd imo
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2010, 06:06:08 PM »

all this grimming is gettign redic

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2010, 06:06:46 PM »

Those who have told me this afternoon they are owed is at 11 people who are owed money totalling around $40k at the monent so I doubt anyone should hold high hopes of getting it back any time soon if at all.

I've just had a brief text exchange with Marc and told him to come on and post. Hopefully he will do and give an outline of the situation

Rather worryingly one of his concerns was that no-one gave him credit on the thread as a great player when to me, this isn't even relevant.

More than the other scammers I've encountered since delving into the poker world, Marc has made the least sense to me....

Until when talking about him I was sent this: https://health.google.com/health/ref/Narcissistic+personality+disorder

If you took all the poker players who show many of the symptoms of Narcissism away from the game, you'd hardly have enough left to make a one table sng!

Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2010, 06:08:27 PM »

GreekStein you either have terrible judgment or are the unluckiest guy walking with regards to friends in poker.

Blatch,Riverdave and now Railtard.

Run better imo.
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2010, 06:09:12 PM »

Jesus Christ.

Shocked and diappointed.

Seemed like a nice guy and a really good player to me.

FYP

i would agree with that....he obv has a gambling problem though and it's a shame he didn't learn the first time this exact same thing happened.

he thinks people will respect him for buying expensive watches or for playing durrrr heads up when real respect is earned through professionalism, honesty, class, self-depreciation even... with achievement and skill thrown in. pity that marc has only shown the qualities at the latter of that list because he really is a good poker player

Christopher Brammer
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2010, 06:09:33 PM »

GreekStein you either have terrible judgment or are the unluckiest guy walking with regards to friends in poker.

Blatch,Riverdave, Brendan Cole and now Railtard.

Run better imo.

FYP
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2010, 06:09:50 PM »

If you took all the poker players who show many of the symptoms of Narcissism away from the game, you'd hardly have enough left to make a one table sng!

Keith if only u had half the interactions with Marc that people like myself, Bram, Trigg, Toby, Keys etc etc etc did you'd realise how bang on x100 all those points are.

We all love ourselves a bit

@GreekStein on twitter.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2010, 06:10:02 PM »

Blatch really was a classic Narcissist.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2010, 06:11:59 PM »

Run better imo.

I think it's a bit of both. I have been friendly with all three but wouldn't count them amongst my 'friends in poker' and I'm sure they wouldn't count me as the same.

If Hopkin, Boshi, Pie, Toby etc ever grim me though, guarantee I'll never touch another card again.

@GreekStein on twitter.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2010, 06:12:49 PM »

Run better imo.

I think it's a bit of both. I have been friendly with all three but wouldn't count them amongst my 'friends in poker' and I'm sure they wouldn't count me as the same.

If Hopkin, Boshi, Pie, Toby etc ever grim me though, guarantee I'll never touch another card again.

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

little does he know......................wait till vegas!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
riverdave

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2010, 06:15:58 PM »

Can't work out if your abs com or a dick.

Prob both to be fair. I snap got an msn from kellet which reminded me i might be 4th think this calls for a poll.
Btw me and Greeky are sorting our issue privately now.

No offence Dave, I like you and wish you all the best.

I think you should give up poker and try something else, you are still young enough and bright enough to find a decent career.

Been trying to get back into accounting for most of the last year not to give up poker completely but play as a hobby again. Proving next to impossible with a 6 year CV gap. Now have a foot injury which is stopping me doing most of the types of work i have been able to get so anyone owed will likely have a significant wait.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: