blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:08:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 326 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1424966 times)
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #4815 on: April 08, 2014, 08:50:09 PM »

[quoteMy parents took us on a lovely holiday in Slovenia by a gorgeous lake - would imagine that'd make a perfect break esp with dogs. Can get more info if you want.][/quote]

Lake Bled?
Also went many years ago with my parents, beautiful place.
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: April 09, 2014, 09:02:03 AM »

If you want to take an investment punt with some of your spare cash try P2P Lending.  The model is fairly stable and financial institutions are starting to pump in some real cash.  The key is to spread your investment over many loans to mitigate damage against defaults.  The most attractive returns for a lender, and one I would put any spare money I have into, come from https://www.bondora.ee/en/home.  18% of their lenders are based in the UK and someone I know says he gets his repayments like clockwork and is averaging 18% on the money lent.  The returns from the UK P2P Lending sites are much lower.

I love spam.
Think I'd file in the "if it looks too good bin" getting 18% on your money.
I do understand that Zopa etc are getting investors a more realistic 5% or so which is still good in this era of low interest rates. I'm no expert tho and have no funds there and no connection.
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4817 on: April 10, 2014, 04:31:04 PM »

Great interview with the man himself here http://www.pokerplayer.co.uk/poker-players/patrick-leonard-interview-its-ridiculous-how-lazy-poker-players-are/

Funny how he very nearly ended up working for PokerPlayer. Think fate dealt you a good hand in the end Patrick.
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: April 10, 2014, 05:57:46 PM »

Really good interview mate.

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: April 10, 2014, 06:53:10 PM »

Really good interview mate.

this.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: April 10, 2014, 11:02:47 PM »

Decent Thursday. Came 4th in Hot 75 for 5.2k, pretty sad not to win, but what can you do.

Managed to get HU with 900k vs 1m chips in 44 turbo, 2nd was 3.6 and 1st 4.9. I negotiated deal where I got 4.5 and he got 4k, maybe best deal ever haha. Few other cashes make it a 10k day which is nice, I was really motivated today after a couple things recently, will do a post about them later when I have abit more time.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
The Soldier
Twitter - aj5865

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4821 on: April 10, 2014, 11:06:09 PM »

Teach me?
Yian

View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: April 11, 2014, 05:10:19 AM »

Decent Thursday. Came 4th in Hot 75 for 5.2k, pretty sad not to win, but what can you do.

Managed to get HU with 900k vs 1m chips in 44 turbo, 2nd was 3.6 and 1st 4.9. I negotiated deal where I got 4.5 and he got 4k, maybe best deal ever haha. Few other cashes make it a 10k day which is nice, I was really motivated today after a couple things recently, will do a post about them later when I have abit more time.

Did you say you "need 4.5"? Wp
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: April 11, 2014, 05:47:52 AM »

Yeah ironically after this was released today

http://www.pokerplayer.co.uk/poker-players/patrick-leonard-interview-its-ridiculous-how-lazy-poker-players-are/

I was feeling articulately guilty. I'm not even sure why but basically yesterday I woke up late didn't play a hand of poker. I played FIFA all day and had KFC twice. Afterwards I was in a pretty regretful mood. I already decided I was taking a vacation before scoop started so I shouldn't really be taking days off now especially when scoop.fr and winamax are both on at the moment.

Both of the scores came tonight where I really tried to play good and its funny that they came in turbos but neverMind. Looking forward to a huge weekend if poker and Adam joins us to strengthen #teambudapest

Hope the article doesn't come across too negativély I just think in general players are very lazy and when the question was "we heard you work ridiculously hard" it just made me realize what the standard it is and how bad it is. FIFA record is slowly improving though I found the r1 button!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: April 11, 2014, 07:26:55 AM »

Good interview bud!!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4825 on: April 11, 2014, 09:34:30 AM »

Hope the article doesn't come across too negativély I just think in general players are very lazy and when the question was "we heard you work ridiculously hard" it just made me realize what the standard it is and how bad it is.

Laziness (and probably a sense of entitlement) is the number one problem that today's under 30s face, no problem with calling it out, its not a poker thing its all around us. You beat 90% of the competition just by showing up.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: April 11, 2014, 01:43:04 PM »

Hope the article doesn't come across too negativély I just think in general players are very lazy and when the question was "we heard you work ridiculously hard" it just made me realize what the standard it is and how bad it is.

Laziness (and probably a sense of entitlement) is the number one problem that today's under 30s face, no problem with calling it out, its not a poker thing its all around us. You beat 90% of the competition just by showing up.

You made us that way!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: April 11, 2014, 02:14:53 PM »

Picken strengthens team Budapest? Heard it all now! What has he ever won?

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
BrokeLivingMJP

View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: April 11, 2014, 04:07:48 PM »

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: April 11, 2014, 04:45:05 PM »

Good interview, Pads, and congrats on another 10k day!

You've been saving that gif for 2 years, haven't you?

Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 326 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: