blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:25:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 329 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1425288 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4860 on: April 14, 2014, 09:19:53 PM »

Staking winning players in soft live tournaments and small-mid stakes online tournaments cost me an absolute fortune and took up a huge amount of time and stress. Variance was way harsher than I ever thought and was a huge hit to my personal bankroll. It took me a year to get back to where I was. And I only staked close friends that I trusted and never got grimmed. I said the same as you "how can these guys possibly lose in these tournaments?

You're talking about staking randoms you've probably never met IRL, and going into business with two Russians that you probably don't know IRL either - it's just mad. There's nothing like a face to face relationship - i couldn't imagine ever staking someone whom I'd never met IRL.

But you're mind is made up and you've run so incredibly hot this year that who can blame you for thinking it's impossible to have a losing month!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: April 14, 2014, 09:23:59 PM »

Just as an obvious investment, buying a house and renting it out takes no skill.  You can even pay someone to manage it for you out the rent and just pocket a fixed sum each month!  £400-£500 a month + the value of property at the end of it I would expect to be far greater return than staking long term and would require basically no input from you long term.  I know from personal experience that staking takes up a shit load of time and I found that after spending 5-6 hours a day sending top ups and dealing with horses, coaching and all the other stuff that comes with it I had no time / energy to grind myself.

I would strongly recommend buying a property to rent over anything else.  That being said, in the same vein of a previous post, the SCOOP (high) schedule looks tidy  thumbs up
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: April 14, 2014, 09:36:43 PM »

I think there would be huge merit in considering long term stock market or property investments. This avenue would be unlikely to give you sleepless nights and would not require a large input of your time.  

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: April 14, 2014, 11:35:44 PM »

I think enough people have advised against that you should maybe stop and think harder about it before you do. I wouldn't imo. Also pm Keys about some calculations he used to factor in the profitability of certain horses in MTTs - was way lower than you'd expect even for decent winners.

We know BITB should never have a losing session, nevermind month but for mere mortals like the rest of us, ofc there will be losing months - that was quite the rediculous statement.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4864 on: April 15, 2014, 12:02:45 AM »

No cash game player should ever have a losing month. Ever.

Who do they win from?

The older I get, the better I was.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: April 15, 2014, 12:37:35 AM »

No cash game player should ever have a losing month. Ever.

Who do they win from?

The house?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: April 15, 2014, 01:28:16 AM »

Rakeback!

Adams point is the most valid but look at the calculator and then put in 5x75k hands and look at the odds of having a losing month. Then look t the odds of having a losing 3 months.

I do know the Russians irl, very very nice/good guys who are very switched on and do things right.

But I just woke up so will read the longer posts in detail then hunk abit more.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
JustinSayne

View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: April 15, 2014, 05:31:33 AM »

Now is pretty much the nut low time to invest in property

Its 2007 all over again
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 05:35:01 AM by JustinSayne » Logged
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: April 15, 2014, 07:18:50 AM »

Many would argue that there's never a bad time if you're taking a long view..

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: April 15, 2014, 07:33:14 AM »

Now is pretty much the nut low time to invest in property

Its 2007 all over again

Really depends where you are.  Someone suggested not investing in Northern property which doesn't make a whole lot of sense when it is London and a few bits of the South East where the property prices have been mainly flying up.  Ofc some deprived areas are always going to be bad, so you can't invest blindly in the North and where I am in the South hasn't gone crazy yet.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4870 on: April 15, 2014, 12:32:16 PM »

It would be a shame if thread title had to change to Bust in the Business.
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: April 15, 2014, 02:06:56 PM »

Lol
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: April 16, 2014, 09:38:46 PM »

PM sent.

Allez!!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: April 17, 2014, 12:44:08 AM »

Had an almost very tilting evening. We had to reboot our Internet mid session and I'd just bet 4800 out of my 4875 stack with AA in a turbo. When we got back on I had folded to a jam and inevitably busted in my big blind.

Managed to eventually unrest everything so played a pretty small session. I went from 1-32 with 5x average to bubbling in 28th and then 1-72 to finishing 71st in another tournament with some insane hands.

Finally 1 tabled the 250 6max to a 2nd for a day saved losing JJ v ak on xxxxa and then tt v ak on xxxxxk I really wanted to win that tournament but neverMind.

I'm basically only playing MTTs now trying t play and improve as much as possible before the two biggest weeks of the year, SCOOP. I'm so excited, it's going to be a very up and down 2 weeks, hoping to run good!

I bought 20% in somebody in a big French tournament this week and they ended up coming 4/5th which made Sunday actually a pretty profitable day!

We went to the trap again in budapest yesterday. This time we got out in under an hour. It was super intense and we did really well. Seriously recommend anybody to go its very good. We're actually speaking to the owners about opening some franchises around Europe. They are pretty cheap and we believe will be very popular. Watch this space!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: April 17, 2014, 01:25:36 AM »

Had an almost very tilting evening. We had to reboot our Internet mid session and I'd just bet 4800 out of my 4875 stack with AA in a turbo. When we got back on I had folded to a jam and inevitably busted in my big blind.

Managed to eventually unrest everything so played a pretty small session. I went from 1-32 with 5x average to bubbling in 28th and then 1-72 to finishing 71st in another tournament with some insane hands.

Finally 1 tabled the 250 6max to a 2nd for a day saved losing JJ v ak on xxxxa and then tt v ak on xxxxxk I really wanted to win that tournament but neverMind.

I'm basically only playing MTTs now trying t play and improve as much as possible before the two biggest weeks of the year, SCOOP. I'm so excited, it's going to be a very up and down 2 weeks, hoping to run good!

I bought 20% in somebody in a big French tournament this week and they ended up coming 4/5th which made Sunday actually a pretty profitable day!

We went to the trap again in budapest yesterday. This time we got out in under an hour. It was super intense and we did really well. Seriously recommend anybody to go its very good. We're actually speaking to the owners about opening some franchises around Europe. They are pretty cheap and we believe will be very popular. Watch this space!

Delete the bold imo. Think this has got some serious legs.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 329 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: