blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:41:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 512 513 [514] 515 516 517 518 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1423996 times)
fundus
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #7695 on: March 29, 2016, 11:50:48 PM »

Do you have an Irish pub in Budapest? What's the name of it? I hope I remember correctly but I think you mentioned it in a podcast last year.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7696 on: April 05, 2016, 01:53:25 PM »

A lotttttttt to catch up on.. Will write a full report later in week but cliffs:

- booked flights to Barcelona and tickets to el Classico with two of my best friends on Friday morning (match was Saturday)
- football team through to semi finals after 15-0 thrashing
- have been awake before 10am every day for the last 2-3 weeks
- as fit as I have been for 2 years
- lots of studying poker
- very little of playing poker
- completed full business plan of new company I want to form on September 1st
- last but definitely not least one of biggest things to happen to me in poker will be announced in net 1-3 weeks, really looking forward to it

Weather at the moment is absolutely amazing In Europe, I'm writing this with my feet dipped into a pool out in a park, life right now is better than its even been in my entire life. Feel very good, extremely happy and very motivated

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7697 on: April 11, 2016, 09:11:50 PM »

So, things have been great! First of all, I don't think I introduced you to the Llama I bought 2 weeks ago, meet Barnaby!

Click to see full-size image.

Obviously SNAP made him my new lucky stars avatar

Last Friday my friend was writing to my about how great the last Classico was in Madrid and what I thought the score would be this week, I was like wow a Classico in Barcelona, we have to go! The next day the two of us  + European went for 2 days in Barca and to watch the match, it was a great match and I think we were all very happy that we went.  The match was great and we had some good times in and around the city.

The day before Barcelona we went to our favourite restaurant, as we went to pay the check, the waiter asked me if i wanted to play poker against the owner with some friends of his and mine, obviously snap accepted, he was nice, successful Asian guy, was great fun, won 5 buy ins and quickly left because I was flying in the morning! Will be back for more Wink

This last week has been really packed, Monday/Tuesday I was up and about early, both days I went to the gym and then walked around the city for 5 hours both days just stopping and having lemonades, beers or ice creams in different cool places.

Wednesday I got up early and went for a Pottery class. It was actually a lot tougher than you would imagine, between my Pottery partner and I we made 6 bowls, her 3 were slightly better structured than mine but I got to grips in the end, on Wednesday we go back for round 2 (Painting the pots that will have formed in the oven and built more solid shapes, pictures to come.

On Wednesday evening, two really great guys came over for a business meeting from London and investment opportunity for me, it was two very good meetings, finally in a nice Japanese restaurant.  Cliffs are that I am definitely going to invest myself and in the future see both guys as potential business partners, shortly I'll be able to write more details about this, but very exciting chance for some successful cooperation here.

On Thursday I was again up early and off to my first ever Hungarian class, Hungarian is one of the top 5 toughest languages to learn apparently, but I seemed to do ok.

Friday, luxury breakfast in my favourite place, more lemonades, beers and ice creams in the city and then a night of cocktails with great company.

Saturday, really great 2 hour massage followed by football with my team, we played one of the top 3 teams in the league and we needed to win. I didn't bring my boots, but inside knew I should have, we drew 2-2 and a couple of fingers were pointed at me for potentially not being as motivated as I should be to play, next week I'll definitely play as I'm feeling fitter and we need to win.

Sunday played a long session online, went deepish in the $2k, lost kk v aa for chiplead then AK v AQ for great stack both AIP, but cashed to make it an almost break even Sunday, had lots of really good runs, but no dice at the end, definitely made 5-6 biggish mistakes too, so lots of room for improvement which is great too.

Stable has been doing fantastically, pretty sexy graph of our players lifetime profits (not including coaches)

Click to see full-size image.

Coaching roster for this month all coaching a lot of hours are:

pads1161
elmerixx
european
omyg0t
oxota
romeopro
grafftekkel
ssick_one
neverscaredb

And then 8 of our best guys coaching around 10-15 hours too.

Really can't explain how happy I am with the stable, we have came on leaps and bounds and the improvement our players have made is very satisfying to see.

We expand by over 10% every month, so by the end of the year our projections for next 2-3 years are really promising.

Two really exciting ventures that I really want to talk about but can't yet. On Thursday I will fly to England and sign a contract with somebody and I'm so so pumped for that and going to make a really big difference there, the second is a big business plan I've been working on that I want to launch in September.

The most important thing that has changed in my life is how i approach it, poker is far from the be all and end all now, I worked hard to get to where I am now and was bit geeky at times, sacrificed potentially too much at times, but having the freedom of deciding that today I'm going to walk around one of the most beautiful cities in the world and just enjoy it, staying healthy, eating healthy and living healthy makes me feel as complete as I have done since leaving school.

Big love everybody <3
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:14:47 PM by pleno1 » Logged

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7698 on: April 11, 2016, 11:26:01 PM »

You bought a Llama?

6 paragraphs about some hunchbacked Latvian teenagers 5 betting range in a €10k but barely 3 lines about your purchase of a Llama!!

Please expand.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #7699 on: April 11, 2016, 11:40:55 PM »

You bought a Llama?

6 paragraphs about some hunchbacked Latvian teenagers 5 betting range in a €10k but barely 3 lines about your purchase of a Llama!!

Please expand.

Less poker. More Llama!!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7700 on: April 12, 2016, 12:06:26 AM »

Played 6 or so MTT's with day 2 of SCOOP.fr, punted it in the money to Elky because he was tilting me on stream, but won the 320 6max in first time I've played it in long long time, may try this poker thing again!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7701 on: April 12, 2016, 08:40:32 AM »

A lotttttttt to catch up on.. Will write a full report later in week but cliffs:

- booked flights to Barcelona and tickets to el Classico with two of my best friends on Friday morning (match was Saturday)
- football team through to semi finals after 15-0 thrashing
- have been awake before 10am every day for the last 2-3 weeks
- as fit as I have been for 2 years
- lots of studying poker
- very little of playing poker
- completed full business plan of new company I want to form on September 1st
- last but definitely not least one of biggest things to happen to me in poker will be announced in net 1-3 weeks, really looking forward to it

Weather at the moment is absolutely amazing In Europe, I'm writing this with my feet dipped into a pool out in a park, life right now is better than its even been in my entire life. Feel very good, extremely happy and very motivated

Love to see young men so happy, & enjoying the fruits of their hard work, well done, sounds like party time.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #7702 on: April 12, 2016, 11:06:48 AM »

Played 6 or so MTT's with day 2 of SCOOP.fr, punted it in the money to Elky because he was tilting me on stream, but won the 320 6max in first time I've played it in long long time, may try this poker thing again!

Haha, superb.

Should keep the Llama fed for a fair while Cheesy

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7703 on: April 12, 2016, 11:22:26 AM »

Tell us about Barnaby please!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #7704 on: April 12, 2016, 03:11:30 PM »

If one of your donkas wanted a reload how long would they be waiting? How long do they wait for a skype response in general from an admin?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #7705 on: April 12, 2016, 05:37:28 PM »

life right now is better than its even been in my entire life. Feel very good, extremely happy and very motivated

This is what happens when you buy a llama.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7706 on: April 12, 2016, 06:05:15 PM »

If one of your donkas wanted a reload how long would they be waiting? How long do they wait for a skype response in general from an admin?

well we have more than 60 guys and a channel where they message if they need money, any of the other 60 guys can send them money, so ideally it would come within minutes, sometimes ofc longer, we ask them to post after their session if they need $ for the next session.

More news about Barnaby soon.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #7707 on: April 12, 2016, 06:52:43 PM »

I'm really hoping Barnaby is as a result of some live table talk...

"Hey, Mr Hawkins, loving the card protector"
"A camel you say?"
"Cool"
"And Sir, what is that one you have?"
"A Shark? Very droll, most apt"
"What's that? You could get one for me? A Llama? Hell yes, I'm up for that..."
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #7708 on: April 12, 2016, 07:45:54 PM »

That stable performance graph is, I must say, pretty sexy. Very sexy in fact.

Allez!!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #7709 on: April 13, 2016, 10:25:05 AM »

That stable performance graph is, I must say, pretty sexy. Very sexy in fact.

Have to agree it's a sexy graph but how good is it from a business point of view and also an employee point of view?

It's obviously great to make an $8M profit but if you analyse it a bit how does it break up between the employers and employees? I'd imagine that the employers take a 50% cut straight away leaving $4M for the employees.

They've had to play 1.5M games between them to get that $4M

Let's say there's 100 players in the stable. That makes 15000 games to get their $40k slice.

Let's be generous and say they play 50 games per day. They're grafters so they work 300 days per year so can squeeze the 15000 in to a year.

Seems like a lot of work for $40k

Obviously great for the bosses but is $8M really that great over 1.5M games?

I'm not having a dig here by the way I'm just genuinely interested in the real economics of a poker stable. I've never understood how it can work as a business and there are so many that have fallen by the wayside it clearly isn't easy. Even with the apparent professionalism of the Pleno et al stable I honestly can't see how it can work long term. What roi are they running at? Is it big enough that it can handle a bit of a reduction?

That $8M is a nice big number but how much of it stays behind as a retained profit for future investment? I'd imagine you need quite a large fund to fend off any possible downswings so how much does it leave for wages?

Obviously this is a business so I'll understand if you tell me to 'mind my own' Wink

Fascinating stuff and I hope you feel like satisfying my nosiness....

Pages: 1 ... 510 511 512 513 [514] 515 516 517 518 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: