blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:33:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 527 528 [529] 530 531 532 533 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1425514 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #7920 on: June 30, 2016, 07:35:41 AM »

Was Timex with the Ten who asked for the ruling. No reason you should know him only 18th on all time money list Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7921 on: June 30, 2016, 07:54:28 AM »

Was Timex with the Ten who asked for the ruling. No reason you should know him only 18th on all time money list Cheesy

Ha.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #7922 on: June 30, 2016, 07:55:08 AM »

!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #7923 on: June 30, 2016, 08:07:52 AM »

big big stack in the 10k plo

good luck
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7924 on: June 30, 2016, 08:12:16 AM »

big big stack in the 10k plo

good luck

Top 5 stack, very nice.

PLO Pleno.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7925 on: June 30, 2016, 09:35:01 AM »

Since when can you not ask for a clarification of the rules? Isn't that exactly what the dealer and floor staff are there to do? Pretty sure it's common practice in most places here, even though most players know the rule, to either call the floor anyway or for the dealer to state the rule so everyone knows what's going on.

Seemed utterly ridiculous to me, and you can see why 10 man wanted to be sure before he acted.

I think the issue may be game integrity.  Rule 1 is that you should do what is good for the game.  If he tells him the rule, times is going to change his action from bet to check taking advantage of player 2's mistake.  It isn't really an angle shoot, but it kind of is.  May be wrong, but could explain the conversation.   Of course mystery player 18 in the world likely knows the rule anyway, so floor can't prevent this, he can only do what he does.

Edit gl in the plo
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 09:37:03 AM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7926 on: July 03, 2016, 08:16:45 AM »

Did helicopter trip over grand canyon.

Now doing intensive helicopter course and buying one.

deserved much more love.

stumpythefish

View Profile
« Reply #7927 on: July 03, 2016, 02:31:13 PM »

Did helicopter trip over grand canyon.

Now doing intensive helicopter course and buying one.

deserved much more love.

I laughed so hard 😂 And hope Patrick did too.Good luck pads run well and win that bracelet.ps if you won a bracelet would you ever wear it and if so when??

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7928 on: July 04, 2016, 02:05:10 AM »

So the 5k event was pretty interesting. I eventually finished 14th.

Was a pretty funny tournament throughout.

Starting table was mostly unknowns, gboro and Cannuli. Day 1 was pretty uneventful until the end of the day. I got in the money playing pretty good and then won KJ>A3 aip. I then played a few really interesting hands with 5 hands left in the day.

KKremate opens mp and bet bet jams A9722 and I call 3 streets with 87 and win vs QJ. This was really big pot at the time, think top 3 stack with 50 people left, I used a live read to call down and it was pretty satisfying.

Next hand he goes all in for 4 bbs, I have a3s on the button and decide to call. BB tanks and then goes all in for 14bbs, pretty sigh but think I have to call. BB has AT, utg 87. Very last hand of the night I open 85s, get 3bet big, I peel and c/f.

I come back day 2 with 300k chips and 19/49.

I find some good spots to 3bet pre flop and take it down and some good spots to open pre flop, I get up to 800k and then go all in vs Chance Kornuth and Jason Mercier, both of who I would not generally like to flip against! I had JJ they had A6 and AK. I somehow win and have a pretty big stack.

I get owned in one spot vs a fish. I open UTG at 20k bb to 50k. BB peels. I stab 40k on k23r, he calls. Turn k236 i check back, river k2366 he bets 100k and I folded. This was the one time I haven't gone with reads and instinct over the last 2 weeks, I folded and he showed ATo, was a very bad fold from me, sick thing was I worked out in my head I would call A9 and fold AQ for some blocker reasons to his floating range but I woulda been pretty tilted.

I think I play really good for next 2 levels and have 1.4m and I'm 2/15.

I play an interesting hand vs Max Silver. I open JTo to 90k at 40kbb, he defends bb (I open like mp)

Flop j93r, i cbet 70k, he raises to 193k from 600k, I have 1.3m, I fold.

I was really surprised he decided to c/r, I was trying to think about some different potential hands he could potentially c/r. He started the hand with less than 20bbs, so he can't have AJ. He has j9, j3, 93, KJ, QJ, KK, AA for potential value. Potential bluffs i couldn't really think of, I didn't think he'd play c/r call many draws. I was just confused what bluffs he could maybe have in this spot, having a TEN felt pretty bad as it does block any ambitious QT/T8 kind of hands. I very much doubt that he would c/r j7 or something to get it in, so I was just really confused. He told me he bluffed me so maybe I made a big mistake. Didn't really expect somebody to c/r bluff me in particular who is very sticky off 18bbs on a board texture I won't cbet with super high frequency (lots of axs/overs will almost always take a turn here) What do you guys think?

Bust out hand was a very big one. I have 1.15m at 40kbb, the next blinds go up in 2 minutes. I open low jack with 3 very tight guys in position to me. Pistons is in the big blind with around 1.5-6m. He decides to shove.

Such a sick spot, I assumed he would always 3bet/call QQ+ but he would know its correct to shove almost any 2 cards against me here and show a profit. I'm likely opening something like 30% range here and if I'm calling TT/AK then he doesn't have to look at his cards to jam any 2. Of course he won't shove close to any 2, but i assumed he'd be aware enough to jam any pair and maybe a bunch of suited aces and other hands. I had 88 and just felt like it was too strong to fold. There is definitely ICM implications, but I think if I do win this pot, I have 2x chips than anybody else with 13 people left and top 3 very high % of the time. I mulled it over and decided to call. I thought about it a lot since and I'm pretty OK with it. Most really good players I spoke to said they'd call 77 so that makes me feel fine about it too. He had red kings unfortunately and I was sent to ze showers.

Last 10 days or so were exactly what I studied intensively for and prepared for. $5K 6m, $10k 6m, $5k 2 day. I managed to have deep runs in all three of them and really happy with pre/during/post all tournaments.

I decided now that I just won't play lower buy ins in the future during series, I think for my game and the way I'm able to get to my A game the easiest is when I prepare 1-2 days before the tournament, study, go to the gym, prepare and after the tournament analyse and reflect. When you're just jumping into ventian tournaments after busting at the WSOP and then not sleeping well, not thinking about how you played, not fixing mistakes you've already made previously its just impossible to play your A game. Also its pretty demotivating studying and working hard, sleeping well, eating at the right time, working out at the right time etc for a $1000-$1500 event because your average time spent at the table is pretty low. when you're playing a bigger event then you will often be playing for much longer. I think playing less tournaments, but higher buy ins and better prepared is a really good way to approach it, although before I ever come to series I'm always so looking forward to just playing 30 tournaments and having decisions and decisions and decisions. Really important to myself in the future that I remind myself what I really enjoy.

Next week I will play the $5k on Tuesday and then take off the rest of the week until the main event, not sure exactly which main event day I will play, either Saturday (day 1a) or Monday (day 1c)

Last 2 weeks in Vegas I'm really going to try and enjoy. Lots of shows, lots of dinners.

Will also make some plans for the next 6 months of the year, looking forward to playing a bunch of WPT's.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #7929 on: July 04, 2016, 05:01:35 PM »

So sick its vs Pistons.

Sizes for KKremate hand? Sounds like a fun one. Run good and looking forward to dinner when your back <3

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7930 on: July 06, 2016, 08:11:09 PM »

Busted the 5k in level 5.

Darren Elias opens ep, Rhys Jones flats co (open to 1k) i 3b 3200 button AQss, bb who seems like splashy bad reg cold calls? Rhys calls.

Flop A98r

Bb leads? 6k, Rhys folds, Incall.

Turn A982fd, bb all in 12k, I call (I have fd too)

He ended up having Ak and I'm Gg. Think my line is fine, can't really do anything differently. Nevermind :/

Next tournament is the main event, super looking forward to it. Such a sick tournament, really think with this structure no professional mtt player should miss it, it's just so sick Cheesy

Bought some good pieces in the $50k. Urbanovic, FreshOD and Bonomo. He's 1/6 with $1.3m for first. Get thereeeeeeeeeee

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7931 on: July 06, 2016, 08:11:39 PM »

So sick its vs Pistons.

Sizes for KKremate hand? Sounds like a fun one. Run good and looking forward to dinner when your back <3

20%, 110%, 110%

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7932 on: July 11, 2016, 08:02:19 AM »

I must have walked the rooms around 20 times today without spotting Pleno, (he's small & I have bad eyes....) but the last I saw on the WSOP Updates, he had a Top Ten stack of around 182,000.

Good luck Mr L.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 08:07:29 AM by tikay » Logged

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #7933 on: July 11, 2016, 11:31:52 AM »

Fedor BItb?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7934 on: July 11, 2016, 12:56:14 PM »

Absolutely crazy day 1 in the main.

First hand

AQo 3bet btn vs co vs Jason Lavalee and bet three times on AK672ssxss and win

Second hand

Lavalee open utg I mp, some fish call behind too.
Flop QT2fd, Lavalee bets I call whale calls
Turn QT25dfd Lavalee bets, I call, whale calls
River QT25K Lavalee bets, I call, fish calls. Lavalee QQ, me KK, fish J9. Was a very big pot at the time.

Third hand

Cut off in hand had just made big flop raise hand before despite being nitty. Lavalee opens ep, I flat KK, whale flats (800) cut off makes it 3500 (super super strong) Lavalee makes it 11k, I tank lots of minutes and fold, they get it in and have AA and Kk. Pretty happy with the fold obviously!

Fourth hand, make some good sizes to induce raise from capable villain and chip up abit. Biggest/craziest hand ever?

Whale 800 UTG at 300bb (last orbit he limped 300) Lavalee tank 20 seconds and calls, I call bb J6ss
Flop J53ssx whale bets, Lavalee raises, I cold call, whale calls
Turn j53jssxx Lavalee bets I call, fish folds
River j53jT Lavalee bets 37000 into around 32000, I shove 65000 total, he folds.

He's very very capable and very good at hand reading. He knows that my cold calling range in the flop is Jxss and 2 pairs/sets. On the river my range is flushes and full houses. I think he raises flush draws vs utg weak flop size. On the river he won't expect me to bluff raise jxss (bottom of my range) and will think he has 55/33 in his range but pre flop im pretty sure he calls way quicker with 55/33. Pretty terrible bluff if he bet/snaps axss but this time he mucked wte he had.

So this gave me a lot of confidence. I chipped up some more and play probably 10+ very noteworthy hands. I get up to 220k+ but lose a potentially poorly played hand.

Ep opens 1500, I flat A7ss, huge whale who loves to blast makes it 6500, fish folds I call?
Flop QJ3ss he bets 11 into 15 with 53 total, I decide to just shove my nfd as he was very big blaster and assumed he always bets AK some sizing. He had a set and I was dead ott. Win this flip and I have 280k but bleed down a bit.

Lose a few more weird hands, j8 v 66 on j268Q vs triple barrel and Axhh vs a2 on axxxhh vs the blaster.

Lots of other hands, could have ended with a massive stack but I can't be too sad finishing with 130,000. Big day 2 in a couple of days, won't be close to the money thiugh, so it's a day of building some towers hopefully.

I was lacking in focus all through today unfortunately. I bought a lot of Pieces (50+) of the main event and all day people were either texting me when hey we're coming, cancelling etx or coming to the table etc. really struggled because of that and will never do it again. Big day of focused A game grinding on Tuesday.

Pages: 1 ... 525 526 527 528 [529] 530 531 532 533 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: