blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:49:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 534 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1424743 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #7935 on: July 11, 2016, 01:43:39 PM »

Why on earth doesn't J9 raise the river in the second hand?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #7936 on: July 11, 2016, 01:57:57 PM »

Presumably scared of A J? Weirder things happen Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: July 11, 2016, 04:44:59 PM »

How does AJ get to the river with all that action?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7938 on: July 11, 2016, 04:51:09 PM »

How does AJ get to the river with all that action?

AJdd?  But if J9 fella isn't a pro, he isn't going to be thinking too much about all the hands that should already have folded.  We should be just glad he didn't raise.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #7939 on: July 11, 2016, 04:59:37 PM »

Big enough pot. Happy with his work for the hand. Probably doesn't get called by anything worse even if he does raise.

Just saying how I, as a fellow fish, would probably be thinking had I somehow got that far with J9.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #7940 on: July 11, 2016, 07:37:35 PM »

Big enough pot. Happy with his work for the hand. Probably doesn't get called by anything worse even if he does raise.

Just saying how I, as a fellow fish, would probably be thinking had I somehow got that far with J9.

He might have been allin too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #7941 on: July 11, 2016, 09:33:11 PM »

I guess so.

Raise and fold if shoved upon seems the easy move here.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: July 11, 2016, 10:37:34 PM »

Yeah jamming j9 would be suicide. I have very easy fold with KK.

Looking back yesterday was absolutely crazy! So many insane hands that didn't even make the blog.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: July 13, 2016, 03:17:42 PM »

So, bust out main event today. Obviously it's sad but it's whatever I guess.

Table was absolutely incredible, one very loose/aggro guy to direct right, one good aggro guy to direct left then all whales. Was a table where I was always going to end either chip leader or bust because of nature of the play.

Hands....

I open 98cc, co 3bets I peel we check down 734xx and he has k3o.... Ok.

Utg opens 4500 at 1k bb I peel kqdd otb.
Flop qj2 he cbets 50,000 (yes 5x pot) I fold, he shows aa

3 borderline hands

1-
Fish limps (there was 3-4 fish limping most hands...) reg isos (has been Isoing super wide) 1k-> 3200 in the cut off, I have AJo on the button and I think clearly performs better as a 3bet 140bb deep. I go 1-3.2-9.6, he calls.

953ssx
I bet 7k (AsJc) he goes 22k, I go 38k, he goes 140k.

This hand is pretty weird. We had been battling really hard (we had to because he was isoing extremely wide and raise first extremely wide. On the flop I think i shouldn't be folding but perhaps floating is better than clicking as I don't have a range to click back get in here for value and he could exploit that. I'm unsure really.

2-
3k Otb (1200bb). AJcc
Sb aggro kid 9.5k
I have 70k and call

Flop AT2hhxx (I ask for Ten pre flop)
He bets 6800 I call

Turn AT2Khhss (I ask for Ten on the turn)
He checks I check

River AT2K7
He bets 19k, I call.

Some friends think I should bet turn, jam river for value. I think in normal mtt it's good but here I wanted to just bet once/sometimes induce etc.

3-
I open 2300, huge huge huge huge whale just peeling everything pre (84o, j7o, a6o etc) peels button whilst super tilted (I imagine he's continuing 50% here)  I have JTo with

Flop
J93ccx
I decide to check, he bets 5k into 5k (he made big bet sizes all the time) were pretty deep here, I could c/r and then c/c down with eyes closed but decide to call

Turn
J93Q
I check, he pots 15 into 15, I call

River
J93QA
I check he bets 35 into 45

I have 120k total.

He was 3betting Aq/99 pre flop at very high frequency, I'd say 100%, but maybe 80% or something is better. He had 3bet AQ bb vs mp for example.

I thought about shoving, thought about calling, thought about folding. Really wasn't sure what the best option was to be honest. His value range is

J9
J3s (lol
Q3s
Q9
Qj
AJ
T8s
Kto
Kts
T8o (potentially)

He is the kinda guy who 100% bluffs all missed flush draws, Tx suited hands, 8x suited hands. He did give credit to big bets though, like if somebody bet really big he'd be like "wow has to have it"

I think in hindsight I like shoving although I think T9/TT better bluffcatchers, not blocking his folding range and blocking his calling range (99 if he has it and kt/t8 that bit harder) I get to the river with tonnes of better hands so maybe it's just a trivial fold? His bet when check to KJ the flop was 100% so I like c/r small then just call down but I decided to go for the "low variance" spot and just call the flop. I folded river anyway, but interested if you would have done something different on flop/river. I think only clear thing is checking flop.

Anyway, feeling good about the trip.

First 5 weeks I was very healthy. Ate well, did lots of sport, studied a lot, grinded a lot. Last week or so was abit degenerate in terms of eating and not playing much sport etc pretty happy about how I approached the sunner, next year I have a good plan of how I'd like to do things.

Still have a bunch of sweats left in the main event which is really fun. Tomorrow I will play the $25k at Aria. Really looking forward to this.

I fly home on Sunday, get home Monday. Will have a week at home and then taking parents on holiday to Mallorca for a relaxing week.

Thanks for following this summer everybody, it's been a fun one and I'll remember it for long time. Had good chance of some big scores (14th 5k, 20th 10k 6m) but I don't come home with any regrets.

Thanks again to Party Poker for their continued support, I said a few months ago when I joined them that I was excited about the direction they were going and their great efforts on and offline this summer supoort that. Let's hope the next 6 months really push on in terms of growth and pushing competitiors.

Poker is far from dead folks.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7944 on: July 13, 2016, 05:01:47 PM »

Interesting hand.

Nit fish who previously bet 20k into 20k with AJ on t98 and then potter Q turn. Also the guy who bet 5x pot with aces and was scared of getting outdrawn limps utg off 150k, whale peels behind (lol main event) button good reg makes it 4500 (1kbb) I call sb off 130k with KQo (3betting potentially better but wte) both whales peel.

Flop KJTr

I check, whale leads 15 into 20, whale folds, button folds. I have 140k.

Thoughts on shoving? I think he raises AQ very often pre flop or bets bigger in the flop and we block it. He's very likely to bet kq, kt, KJ, qj, qt type of hands. I think only thing he calls with is AQ (he's definitely too tight to limp q9s pre)

Pot is 35k I have around 125 going to the flop.

I called, turn is KJTQ and he bets 20k I call. River is KJTQ9 bdfd completes and he checks back AJ.

Thoughts on shoving flop?

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7945 on: July 14, 2016, 11:22:10 AM »

So decided to play the $25k at Aria today.

Good sleep last night and was there early for the start (rake free if you reg early)

Im planning on playing a tonne of these highrollers in the future so I won't go into names or specifics in hands unless it's irrelevant.

I get to 600k early from 100k starting which was 1/3 of chips in play (18 runners) the field got bigger pretty quickly though and ended with 50.

I won ak v a6s aip for 120bbs each
I won Kk v 65s on j62 in big 4b pot for 80-100bbs each
I won a tonne of other medium to big sized pots

I then lost qq v Kk vs Talal all in pre for 70bbs each.

Lots of ups and downs and upsand downs.

With 10 left (8 pay) I was around 3/9 but had an awful couple of orbits.

Raise utg, I call, 2 others call. I have 98dd

Board
T827K

The last over caller had AK and bet flop and turn and checked river in a big frustrating pot.

I then open 55 and bet twice and call a river lead on K8457 vs 62 which as you can imagine was somewhat annoying too.

I chip back up again then lost 70+bb pot on the pure bubble bvb vs Igor QQ v 88 xxxx8 for 2x average in the money.

I felt some similar emotions as I did in previous high rollers when things hadn't gone my way. I had gone from certainty to cash and very good chance of 200k+'score to potentially eliminated in the pure bubble.

I managed to sneak in and ladder and eventually lost KQ v Kk aip vs the 62/ak guy. I hope he wins it, very good guy and played well and aggressive throughout.

I ended up getting $60,000 for my troubles. It was the biggest field of the summer and I felt really great. I think I made really few mistakes all day and felt really comfortable and confident.

I'm flying back to Budapest tomorrow with my head held high. I really did good this summer, I'm positive for the future.

See you back on the virtual felt on Sunday at Party Poker!

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #7946 on: July 14, 2016, 11:55:37 AM »

Great read Pads , thanks for updating.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: July 14, 2016, 01:10:00 PM »

Great read Pads , thanks for updating.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7948 on: July 14, 2016, 06:40:32 PM »

Nice work, Patrick, well done, $60,000 is "handy".

I had to read this line 3 times - is this normally how these things play?

I won ak v a6s aip for 120bbs each

AIP for 120BB's each with A-K & A-6?

Was there some odd dynamic there, was someone on the move, or is that standard?

Jeez, that's scary.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: July 14, 2016, 08:24:46 PM »

Have always enjoyed this diary as it's such an eye-opener to us mere mortals.

Especially so for the last few weeks during the WSOP, glad you turned a profit although not altogether surprised.

Looking forward to the footie season when I can at least give you a run for your money Wink

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 534 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: