blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:47:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 531 532 [533] 534 535 536 537 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1425015 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #7980 on: August 10, 2016, 06:32:43 PM »

Funnily enough, tikay and I were comparing sharkscopes while sitting having a drink in the Starbucks in the Rio over the summer. It's remarkable how similar ours are to those you've posted.

Truly remarkable. I mean you could barely tell the difference...

scared

In all seriousness, that's some achievement, Pleno. Keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 06:34:23 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: August 15, 2016, 06:24:33 AM »

kind of a weird Sunday, played around 70% focus, but lots of things going on around me and trying to make sure they're fixed whilst playing probably not the best idea. Finished 5th in Party Highroller for $10k, really wanted to win, tweeted that I'd get a Party hena tattoo for EPT Barca if I won, so maybe 5th was better Cheesy

This week I'm going to Barcelona with a few friends and around 30 horses! Going to potentially be an extremely expensive trip, but maybe it turns out great too. I've created a snapchat "bitBStaking" add us and will be uploading lots of videos and pictures from the 2 weeks in Barca.

We have been working hard on our website and that will launch on Tuesday/Wednesday with some big promos including freerolls from Barca and access to our video content. Will post the website in here when we launch.

Were going to have videos, a forum and a blog with new content every 3-4 days. Hope it comes out good.

Time now to sleep, if anybody see's me in Barca stop me and say hi, always like meeting new guys I've not met "in real life"

GN  <3

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7982 on: August 18, 2016, 05:11:09 AM »

Made day 2 of the EPT Highroller with 235k coming back to 2kbb. Field was absolutely incredible. Really big Rois are attainable in this kind of field, very frustrating stars have changed ALL tournaments to 20% pay outs so that players cash a lot and recycle all the money. A horse cashed a 1k event for less than 150e profit! Sad times, no announcement either, they just decided to do it today according to a tournament director.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: August 18, 2016, 10:39:24 AM »

Made day 2 of the EPT Highroller with 235k coming back to 2kbb. Field was absolutely incredible. Really big Rois are attainable in this kind of field, very frustrating stars have changed ALL tournaments to 20% pay outs so that players cash a lot and recycle all the money. A horse cashed a 1k event for less than 150e profit! Sad times, no announcement either, they just decided to do it today according to a tournament director.

If I'm right, roi doesn't change with this?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: August 18, 2016, 12:04:02 PM »

Better players get more firsts so overall ROI goes down.  Rec ROI should rise.  Overall ROI unchanged.

Weirdly stars have got strange payout structures for the bigger online O8 tournaments.  So only 1 gets paid up to 15 or so, then 2 up to 25 or so, 3 up to 35.  It only starts going towards 10% in the late 40s.  This has corresponded with seemingly a month of bubbles.  They compound the weirdness by paying 6th and 7th the same at 6 handed tables and going hand for hand from 8th.   I think it is only 08 too, I haven't noticed it at hold'em though maybe the bigger fields just mask it.

Sure this must put the recs off.   I do think 15 is better than 10, but 20 is probably going too far.  Suspect my wsop cashes would be up about 300% if that was backdated.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: August 19, 2016, 03:01:19 AM »

Made day 3 of the highroller with 1m. Played very good today, very happy but tomorrow is another day and hopefully a long one.

14 left, have 1m. Average is 800k. €413k for first.

Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #7986 on: August 19, 2016, 06:05:33 AM »

Just looking at the EPT Barca event list, er 64 of them?Huh?Huh?Huh? And paying 40 players from 160 omg wtf is this....
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: August 19, 2016, 07:22:28 AM »

Made day 3 of the highroller with 1m. Played very good today, very happy but tomorrow is another day and hopefully a long one.

VBOL.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7988 on: August 19, 2016, 10:07:18 AM »

Better players get more firsts so overall ROI goes down.  Rec ROI should rise.  Overall ROI unchanged.

Weirdly stars have got strange payout structures for the bigger online O8 tournaments.  So only 1 gets paid up to 15 or so, then 2 up to 25 or so, 3 up to 35.  It only starts going towards 10% in the late 40s.  This has corresponded with seemingly a month of bubbles.  They compound the weirdness by paying 6th and 7th the same at 6 handed tables and going hand for hand from 8th.   I think it is only 08 too, I haven't noticed it at hold'em though maybe the bigger fields just mask it.

Sure this must put the recs off.   I do think 15 is better than 10, but 20 is probably going too far.  Suspect my wsop cashes would be up about 300% if that was backdated.

the fact that you lose your money less often doesn't compensate?

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: August 19, 2016, 11:25:39 AM »

Money you receive for coaching, should definitely be declared for income tax I would imagine. winnings no, but being paid for a service yes. Surely its the same as coaching any sport to youngsters?

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7990 on: August 19, 2016, 11:28:05 AM »

VBOL.

Best of luck for today.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: August 19, 2016, 11:32:20 AM »

Money you receive for coaching, should definitely be declared for income tax I would imagine. winnings no, but being paid for a service yes. Surely its the same as coaching any sport to youngsters?

I'd say this was likely the case in the UK, though it would be pretty tough for the taxman if you didn't separate and only had income from cashes.  I'd strongly caveat this by saying comnenting on tax matters in countries where you don't know the tax rules can't be much more than guesswork.  Tough enough to follow the uk tax rules.  Tax rule books are enormous for a reason.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: August 19, 2016, 11:40:11 AM »

the fact that you lose your money less often doesn't compensate?

I am all for less volatility personally.  My income stream from hyper stts is much less volatile than that from mtts.  As I hinted at for the real big priced mtts, less volatility is going to be good for me and would definitely have been in the past, I think this is true despite my one big live cash.  Avoiding going bust is more important than an extra 25% cash when I eventually win. 

Moving back to 10% cashes is dome O8 mtts is pretty unwelcome to me personally, and the payout structures seem to be have put together by someone who doesn't get it at all.

For people like Pads/WGC Grinder who are nearer the top of the game less cashes is going to be much better as much more of their earnings are going to come from big cashes.

Fwiw paying just one in hyper stts would likely be very much in my favour.

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #7993 on: August 19, 2016, 01:03:38 PM »

Gl today Pads, enjoy some puzzles!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: August 19, 2016, 01:17:06 PM »

Best of luck today, Pads!

Pages: 1 ... 529 530 531 532 [533] 534 535 536 537 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: