blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:31:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 557 558 [559] 560 561 562 563 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1424678 times)
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #8370 on: January 03, 2017, 07:12:42 PM »

Several years before you, and admittedly with a massively different landscape back then, but when I grew to those kinds of numbers diseconomies of scale were an incredibly difficult hurdle.  Having someone 'look at it' is far from being sure it is going to be 'optimal.'  I put in lots of scalable design/process/fwd thinking and while my business background gave me a significant advantage over other stables being run by poker players with no business acumen, the reality is that you still have to regularly deal with poker players making sub-optimal decisions in their lives, poker sites making sub-optimal decisions for staking and Governments/economies making exogenous decisions that inadvertently hurt staking.

Having some world beaters amongst the ranks is a great edge, and very possible a USP in the staking world today.  So you have a very decent shot at it, BoL.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: January 03, 2017, 07:34:23 PM »

We probably look at the things a little differently though. For example our guy can study millions and millions of playing data and see a lot of patterns of things that for some reason make a lot of money in game, whether that me the guy with 67% turn probe vs 63% turn probe make an extra 0.5bb on average. He can then bring it to us, ask why, look at other things around it. Once you do this for 100 different kinds of small stats, the three founders are all top 10 mtt players and can develop an overall game plan the whole stable should be playing. Once we do this, others start to imitate, but by the time they do it our guys are already playing the next strategy that we've developed thats a slight adaption to the old one.

The problem with stables previously is they're either really good players and not willing to put in the effort or they are non poker players who don't "get it". Third thing is obviously important is having guys smart enough and willing enough to work hard on their game and adapt consistently. Adapt or die I guess.

Our business model is simply to try and stay 1 step ahead of the curve and build a model that we can roll out. Its similar to trading or stocks etc I guess, come up with something that competitors aren't doing well, then roll it out on your floor and make sure the smart guys in the city want to work for you and not the guys in the office next door. The toughest thing out of this all is finding the magic formula to what actually makes money (the strategy)

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: January 03, 2017, 08:00:17 PM »

How much of that five milly will come from your footie bets and is Tony Bloom in danger of being eclipsed?

Best of luck in the new home.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: January 03, 2017, 08:27:25 PM »

We definitely look at it a bit differently Smiley  I'm not saying you won't (continue to) succeed and I genuinely wish you all the best in it.  Tweaking stats ofc is looking at the micro aspects ~ all very important as without beating the game, it all turns to custard very quickly anyway.  The macro level are where the major roadblocks can come in, legislative changes, affiliate changes, taxation, to name a few.  That's not to say they aren't able to be overcome, just that I don't want it badly enough to put the work in to do it in 2017.  There are potentially numerous single points of failure lurking out there and I'd be impressed/amazed if anyone has taken contingency management to the level where such risks are managed/mitigated.  If you have all that, then the future is rosy.  To some extent, it won't ever matter as long as players can continue to beat the shit out of the games, you can have loads of sub-optimal streams and not even realise/care as long as you are backing up the truck.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 08:39:29 PM by Simon Galloway » Logged

teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #8374 on: January 03, 2017, 08:29:09 PM »

you said in the thread that all your players send their hands to your data analyst, and : "For example our guy can study millions and millions of playing data and see a lot of patterns of things that for some reason make a lot of money in game"

isnt this a little close to datamining? is pooling HHs within a stable allowed by stars? its not something i would be posting on 2+2 tbh. people get a little hysterical over there.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8375 on: January 03, 2017, 08:37:25 PM »

you said in the thread that all your players send their hands to your data analyst, and : "For example our guy can study millions and millions of playing data and see a lot of patterns of things that for some reason make a lot of money in game"

isnt this a little close to datamining? is pooling HHs within a stable allowed by stars? its not something i would be posting on 2+2 tbh. people get a little hysterical over there.

It looks to be against the terms and conditions.  It might be ok if names were lost?

You'd probably be breaking the data protection act also?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #8376 on: January 03, 2017, 08:53:54 PM »

Not even for the 2+2 posters but the fact Stars reps lurk most threads and I don't think they would hesitate to ban and confiscate money from 100 winning regs given their current strategy/shadiness.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: January 03, 2017, 09:08:14 PM »

Yeah we were looking at which way to do things and unfortunately terms of service don't allow us to do what would be gto. We play by the rules and still works fine.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: January 04, 2017, 01:50:55 AM »

These books were basically all recommended from Fedor/Prat. I think both guys are probably more philosophical than I and naturally smarter than I. Books that they can relate to, I, as a mere mortal probably cannot. They will likely grasp things that I just can't quite get my head around. I will try to review each one that I read here and put 1-10 points that I take from it after I read, or be honest and say how many pages I read before giving up. Hopefully people itt are similar to I than the geniuses like Holz and Buddiga and I can give a little insight to what I learn here.

The Four Agreements: Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (Toltec Wisdom)
Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
£8.39
   The Magic of Thinking Big
£6.99
   Superforecasting: The Art and Science of Prediction
£6.29
   Algorithms To Live By: The Computer Science of Human Decisions
£13.60
   Daily Rituals
£8.99
   The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
£11.89
   The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living
£9.89
   The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich
£9.09
   Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is Shaping our Future
£6.99
   Perfect Health Diet: regain health and lose weight by eating the way you were meant to eat
£14.99
   Man's Search For Meaning: The classic tribute to hope from the Holocaust
£5.59
   Radical Acceptance: Awakening the Love that Heals Fear and Shame
£13.48
   Apple 2 m Thunderbolt Cable
£37.78
   The Founder's Dilemmas: Anticipating and Avoiding the Pitfalls That Can Sink a Startup (The Kauffman Foundation Series on Innovation and Entrepreneurs
£11.96
   Losing My Virginity
£8.39
   Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers
£10.49
   Antifragile: Things that Gain from Disorder
£8.79
   God's Debris: A Thought Experiment
£13.76
   A Guide to the Good Life: The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy
£9.09
   Tao Te Ching
£5.95
   The Carb Nite Solution: The Physicist's Guide to Power Dieting
£23.77
   [NEW in UK] PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed & Lounge. (Large Gray, 92x71x23CM). Premium Edt Solid 10.5CM Memory Foam
Condition: New
Sold by PetFusion EU
Fulfilled by Amazon
£89.95
   The Truth: An Uncomfortable Book About Relationships

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #8379 on: January 04, 2017, 07:06:59 AM »

Shouldn't laugh but 'learn to drive'  Cheesy
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: January 04, 2017, 08:33:13 AM »

Losing My Virginity...

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: January 04, 2017, 09:11:50 AM »

Losing My Virginity...

Richard Branson autobiography.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: January 04, 2017, 09:41:42 AM »

Losing My Virginity...

Richard Branson autobiography.

He knows that. Just being silly.

Do you ever read fiction? I like reading nonfiction too, but just doing that would be like only watching documentaries and the news on tv.

PM sent btw.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Gazza

View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: January 04, 2017, 09:16:54 PM »

Started a blog. Goal? To make $5m in 2017 and update our progress/updates/setbacks and provide free quality content http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/174/poker-goals-amp-challenges/5m-profit-2017-best-business-1646916/

Will keep posting here for personal stuff ofc Smiley

Thread deleted?
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: January 05, 2017, 01:11:28 PM »

What an incredible year, I'd settle for a 20th of that at the moment. Can you say how many hours you played online and when screening the applicants for the stable what sort of hours do you expect from them? Presumably the willingness to play 12-14hrs on any week day and maybe longer Sundays ?
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 557 558 [559] 560 561 562 563 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: