blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:55:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1423414 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: October 10, 2011, 05:41:01 PM »

i would literally be the nuts at the peoples elbow.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 10, 2011, 05:52:35 PM »

LOL, lets get it on, doubt I'd have to do anything.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 11, 2011, 05:40:42 PM »

If somebody was going to go to vegas and grind cash games and was seeking people to buy a part of the bankrool to play 200/500nl games, whats the likelyhood that people would buy a %? We are assuming guy is well known, trusted, respected, good player etc.

Talking about ti with a few people and people all think different things.

What would be your line?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 11, 2011, 06:05:46 PM »

If somebody was going to go to vegas and grind cash games and was seeking people to buy a part of the bankrool to play 200/500nl games, whats the likelyhood that people would buy a %? We are assuming guy is well known, trusted, respected, good player etc.

What would be your line?

I'd buy pieces in cash of Sunny, Mitch, Keys, Tom Rutter, Vinny, Hopkin, Matt, Marky, Karl, Jeff and only a very select few others.

Normally when people say 'i trust x 100%' if that figure is actually closer even to 99% then I wouldn't buy in them, almost regardless of the game.

If said player fits into that category and you think they are really good (if they haven't played much/any live I would snap say no even though they'd prob crush said lineups online) then I'd buy a piece.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 11, 2011, 06:13:01 PM »

One day I'll be in your list of hero's <3

I agree with you though, Alex Goulder & Lildave  too ldo.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 06:15:09 PM by pleno1 » Logged

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 11, 2011, 06:22:23 PM »

One day I'll be in your list of hero's <3

I agree with you though, Alex Goulder & Lildave  too ldo.

wasnt a reflection on you peeleno, im sure there are other blondes ive missed off, i was just naming a few to illustrate my point

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 11, 2011, 07:19:05 PM »

I was pretty amazed at the level of trust Keith and keys showed in me when I played live cash for them. Would've been the easiest grim in the world. There's very few ppl I'd trust to do it myself. Even if they were 100% trustworthy I'd feel so uneasy about the whole thing I thunk it'd affect our friendship massively. Maybe that's just a personality thing, I know you're very trusting pleno.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 11, 2011, 07:52:39 PM »

Make an allowance also for people that haven't been to Vegas very much (or at all)

If a very good player told me they were going to vegas for the first time, I wouldn't go anywhere near it, trust or not.  People need to know how to handle Vegas properly before they are even remotely a +EV spot imo.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 11, 2011, 08:01:38 PM »

I was pretty amazed at the level of trust Keith and keys showed in me when I played live cash for them. Would've been the easiest grim in the world. There's very few ppl I'd trust to do it myself. Even if they were 100% trustworthy I'd feel so uneasy about the whole thing I thunk it'd affect our friendship massively. Maybe that's just a personality thing, I know you're very trusting pleno.

Agree totally.  It is just too easy to, if not grim totally, then skim a bit off the top and i would imagine the chances of being caught are pretty small.  the only way i would even consider it would be if I was spending a large amount of time at a particular cardroom and they played there exclusively and i thought I would be able to get an idea from other players exactly how they were doing and even then I would have to feel like I could trust them massively.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 11, 2011, 08:08:33 PM »

I saw a "friend" who I was staying with in a certain place playing cash game for 2 guys I know, he was taking £'s off for taxi's, food and other things, really tiltedme at the time. I would have to be 10000% to do it for somebody else, but know that I would be trustworthy.

The friend above was a guy I had only met irl for the first time, so again I think knowing the guy personally is important too. Ofc we have the blatchgate probs aswell.

Second question, if you did something like this over an extended period, say you were looking for 50k. How much would be reasonable to charge for 1%?

Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1000 on: October 11, 2011, 08:29:45 PM »

What would be your line?

I have heard of a really soft 5/10 game, send me a few bags and I will let you know when I have crushed it.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 11, 2011, 08:42:03 PM »

What would be your line?

I have heard of a really soft 5/10 game, send me a few bags and I will let you know when I have crushed it.

just pops up from time to time with these little beauties...

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 11, 2011, 09:25:34 PM »

put me in a really shitty situation too. he was also staked for 100nl and was playing 1/2/4/8/16/32.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 15, 2011, 12:02:09 PM »

in Barca atm, really great city. Going to Nou Camp tonight to watch possibly the best ever team.

JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 15, 2011, 06:02:55 PM »

in Barca atm, really great city. Going to Nou Camp tonight to watch possibly the best ever team.

Sick jealous
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: