blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:38:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 393 394 [395] 396 397 398 399 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1424179 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #5910 on: November 01, 2014, 01:20:13 PM »

Pads, I call a spade a spade, you know that and very occasionally I think some of your posts come off as a bit arrogant. So what? When you're ranked in the top 5 in the world for a game you've been playing a year I think you have every right to be arrogant. I think put most people in your shoes and it would be hard not to be. Jeez I definitely would be. Fwiw I think you are a much better poster and come off much better now than you did 2 years ago.

I'm sure I speak for most people on here when I say I'd urge you to not stop the diary. If you don't have the time to post as frequently that's fine but continue it please. It's an enjoyable read and it's only of the 5 or so threads I check almost every day. You've documented a pretty large part of your poker journey on here, continue it!

I've never even heard of the guy hating on you but see it as a compliment. You've done nothing wrong at all - there will always be people who have an outburst at you and it's usually going to be because of jealousy. Deal with it the way you did and don't lose a moment's sleep over it.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: November 01, 2014, 01:26:33 PM »

there there

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: November 01, 2014, 01:27:05 PM »

It's only arrogant if you can't back it up.  Never forget that.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: November 01, 2014, 01:38:13 PM »

Can you start trying to put me down again like in the old days please? You're much better at it now so you might even get a win.....

Fwiw I can't see any problem with the bragging other than it may get you a bash on the head at some point. Haters gonna hate and all that.

Regarding "Frustrating day........ made 7k" This is no different to any other business. If you're supposed to make 20k if things go as they should but something unexpected happens then you have effectively lost 13k not made 7k. People with brains understand this, don't worry about people who don't.

It won't affect me one bit if this diary stops as I hardly come on Blonde these days but I really think you should keep it going. Just think how easy it's going to be to write your book in 5 years time when you have this to reference pretty much everything you've done.

Good luck in Prague!!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
JustinSayne

View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: November 01, 2014, 06:31:01 PM »

How I see plen hearing about these haters xD
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: November 03, 2014, 02:58:01 AM »

edit: someone just said this thread was blocked / closed i was testing soz

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: November 03, 2014, 03:15:34 AM »

Woahhhhh can we all just chill out.... far too much crap going on in the cyber world and tbh it is so withering!

Don't find you arrogant pleeney,  except you still haven't answered me about the poker thing and I know you think I'm mad but wouldn't you want me to be your protégé and turn into the best female poker player ever to have exsisted ?? 😆😉

Anyway have a break, eat a kit kat and never and I repeat never let anyone else dictate what you love to do...

Enjoy Prague and play me at fifa 15 billy Tongue xox
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: November 03, 2014, 03:20:11 AM »

I just had 10 or more pms from different blondes saying they agree with my post and you should continue the diary

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: November 03, 2014, 05:23:06 AM »

I just had 10 or more pms from different blondes saying they agree with my post and you should continue the diary

Why would people agree by PM? Why not come out publicly? Are they shy?

I agree with your post too btw

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: November 03, 2014, 07:11:47 AM »

Ha!

Very good Mr Conk.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: November 03, 2014, 08:52:25 AM »

Sorry have been grinding 19ish hours. Lots of deep runs and eventually came 1/5500 in the bigger 55 for 40k with no deals.

Have decided I'll keep the blog open but just blog a little less and generally be on forums/the Internet a little less. Thanks for all the nice words and it took me a few times reading before I realised you were joking greeky Cheesy

#TeamRealLife

Would be nice to sleep but they're drillingg so loud outside right now.

Will wake up happy I'm sure.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: November 03, 2014, 09:11:41 AM »

Sorry have been grinding 19ish hours. Lots of deep runs and eventually came 1/5500 in the bigger 55 for 40k with no deals.

Have decided I'll keep the blog open but just blog a little less and generally be on forums/the Internet a little less. Thanks for all the nice words and it took me a few times reading before I realised you were joking greeky Cheesy

#TeamRealLife

Jeez, you are not real.

Glad you have decided to keep the Diary open. blonde needs these Diaries right now (separate story to follow, elsewhere), so I was a bit disappointed that you had planned to cease the Diary, & I'm delighted that is not the case.

Must say, Lord Conk delivered a purler there with the "PM" Post.......wp, wp.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: November 03, 2014, 09:42:14 AM »

FWIW - this and two or three other diaries keep me coming back to blonde, despite not having played in a year.

Sure there are times you may have come across as lots of things, you are human, although I do occasionally doubt that.

I think your success and honesty about all that you do is brilliant to read.  Jealousy is a terribly destructive thing. 

Your whole work ethic and desire to be BITB is inspiring.

Keep at it please.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: November 03, 2014, 10:58:34 AM »

#TeamRealLife

Highlighted part says it all about your grit and determination.

Huge congrats and pleased to see you keeping this open Smiley
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: November 03, 2014, 12:06:24 PM »

You are not real mate. Fair play. Your diary is pretty much the only thing I read on Blonde. This, greeky's diary and a few other bits n bobs. Keep it up.

Amatay Smiley

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 393 394 [395] 396 397 398 399 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: