blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:18:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Whats in a name .... ?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whats in a name .... ?  (Read 104849 times)
yt

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2005, 02:44:48 PM »

Mine is boring compared to some of the stories on here - My name is Steve White and yt is only slightly better than whitey which is the name I was called while at school.... oh on stars I use yt_sbw because my middle initial is B (for Barry - Barry White the walrus of love! ahem, and also my Dads name so I proudly tell people who sing "can't get enough of your love baby" to me. Daddy dear is now dead -a dodgy Liver - too much booze. So take the piss with caution I also add to them!)
Incidentally the death certificate on a Liver failure victim doesn't really state the truth. The mode of death is actually dehydration as the poor Liver function causes the kidneys to fail and your body no longer processes the fuild you take in. You may as well be dying out in a desert. Ease off on that last pint people, it's not pleasant.

On a lighter note! -
BTW I thought Karabiner was this -
karabiner - an oblong metal ring with a spring clip; used in mountaineering to attach a rope to a piton or to connect two ropes

but did a search and its also a ton of other things! -

The Karabiner 98k was the standard weapon of the German infantery in the Second World War. The Karabiner 98k is a pepeating rifle. It means that after every shot it is necessary to load manual the next projectile from the magazine. The Karabiner 98k is a shortened version of the Mauser rifle 98. The Mauser rifle 98 was 1.25 m long and the Karabiner 98k is 1.11 m long. The letter k stands for the German word "kurz" (English: short). The repeating system Mauser is until today the best of the world. The Karabiner 98k could also be provided with a sight and then it could be used as a sniper rifle.

It's even on screwfix! -
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp;jsessionid=C0R5S4Q1WNKLNCJO2C4CIIQ?id=64670&ts=94427
Lightweight, extremely strong and hardwearing Aluminium Karabiner. Screw locking, it operates with two deliberate actions. - Would that be CHECK and RAISE?
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2005, 03:01:05 PM »

I was christened The Baron in our home games. My first name is Aaron. The imagination of my friends is truly awesome!!! However I don't think you should be able to choose your own poker nickname so The Baron "held up" ever since.
ThePower

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2005, 03:48:08 PM »

One time, a couple of mates and myself were watching some poker on channel 5(?) when Phil Taylor was on. One of the guys jokingly asked me, "is phil 'the power' taylor your dad?" (My surname is Taylor btw). At which point, another mate interjected "yeah he is, didn't you know?". After much persuasion (and a few more cans), captain gullible actually believed it, so much so that he called me "the power" every time he saw me. I guess it kind of stuck. We did break the news gently to him in the end.

P.S. Just for the record, I am in no way related to the darts legend.
BlueWolf
Humble Overlord & Master Of All

Kill Me Now

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2005, 04:41:38 PM »

Reminds me of the time i went to london to watch an arsenal game. I was in the Gunners pub near the ground having a few drinks wearing my shirt with BlueWolf on the back, when i was approached by an elderly gentleman also donning the hallowed red and white. he then decided to question me about our new summer signing Bluewolf and if he was any good lol i nearly wet myself lol

Trace
21/01/07 18:33:11

Mrs Fielding to be!

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2005, 08:27:56 PM »

Need I explain mine?

Love this topic, up to now it's had me close the throwing up  (sausage), and laughing my head off - especially the grandad comments.  Now wondering if sugardaddy will ever come into it.

Trace

Liberavi animam meam
golferscrote

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2005, 09:20:04 PM »

i just saw a name on partypoker called "ThePopeSmokesDope" LMAO, it reminded me of this forum so i stuck it in here
M POWER
« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2005, 07:55:47 AM »

One of the papers running a story this week about online poker sites floating on the stock market.
The guy who made 2b floating Party Gaming is non other than Anurag Dikshit. How mad is that!
A very rich clever guy . And I bet the ladies are queing up to become Mrs Dikshit.
p.s
Sorry for being childish

Regards

M

BlueWolf
Humble Overlord & Master Of All

Kill Me Now

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2005, 06:00:21 PM »

ROFLMAO what a name lol

dan

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2005, 06:09:52 PM »

bluewolf .. do you go and watch arsenal much, ive got a season ticket and go to most games home and away
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2005, 06:16:58 PM »

Can your doctor help you ??

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: October 27, 2005, 01:03:23 AM »

bumpety bump bump.

We've had a whole heap of new members since this thread dropped into the basement.

I command  Roll Eyes that those members give us some belated explaniations to where they came up with their bizarre names.

Ok, pretty please...  Tongue
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2005, 01:07:10 AM »

Yeah, how did hhhhhh get his name?

The older I get, the better I was.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: October 27, 2005, 01:13:09 AM »

fell a sleep on the keyboard.

Next thing he know's he a fully pledged member of Blonde. 
thelodger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: October 27, 2005, 10:55:54 AM »

I wife always says to my son is the lodger in? I guess it was kinda appropiate also because my hotel business went bust a few years ago! I guess the amount of time we spend playing poker we could all be called Lodgers!

Mr F

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: October 27, 2005, 11:47:43 AM »

I've always been known as Fearn or Fearny as my surname is Fearn.  A few years back i was asked by an ex-teacher to help with her shool trips away camping for a week.  As I was in a formal position the kids had to call me Mr Fearn.  Weeks after the trip I was getting changed before playing football for the pub when one of the players called me Mr Hearn, I ignored it until he asked me to look after his keys on which he had a keyring with a photo of his kids, one of which had been on the trip.  SO I mentioned it to him and had to explain that my name was Mr Fearn not Mr Hearn.  Since then both football teams call me Mr Fearn or Mr F, this then spread through the pub into my table tennis team and out to my friends.  Only my mum calls me Ian now.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 06:48:48 PM by ironside » Logged

"Love is better than a warm trombone"

"Table Tennis Rules, they're so confusing it's not played by fools"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: