blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:31:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Strongest ever Poker Million final table line-up complete (Spoilers within)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Strongest ever Poker Million final table line-up complete (Spoilers within)  (Read 3093 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2010, 12:52:46 PM »

Press release

Strongest ever Poker Million final table line-up complete

Internet qualifier joins hot UK pro and Scandi duo in December $1million shoot-out

FULLTILTPOKER.COM POKER MILLION IX -

The final table for the FullTiltPoker.com Poker Million IX is complete after the final four seats were claimed in dramatic fashion at Sky Sports studios, London.

Earlier in the week, Scandinavian duo Patrik Antonius and Gus Hansen won heats four and five, while the sixth heat went to James Bord, the Londoner continuing his fine form after winning the WSOPE main event to reach the final on December 10, live on Sky Sports.

The seventh seat at the final table went to online qualifier Seth Webber - the South African seeing off Richard Ashby in a thrilling heads-up battle to cap two of the biggest days of his poker life.

Webber announced his intentions to be a key player in this year's Poker Million after eliminating Tom "Durrrr" Dwan within the first level of heat six, and he went on to get past November Niner Michael Mizrachi, triple crown winner Roland de Wolfe, Yevgeniy Timosheko, Taylor Caby and Andy Black to get heads-up with Bord. The following day he took down the runners-up heat against another formidable line-up, with Erik Seidel, Huck Seed, Praz Bansi and Ram Vaswani failing to stop Webber from getting heads-up with Ashby, and with the chip lead changing hands on more than one occasion in a nerve-wracking battle, Webber took the vital pot against "Chufty" and turned his online victory into a $90,000 return, with the shot at $1million to come.

The South African will return to London to try to win a million dollar Christmas present but faces tough competition. As well as Hansen, Antonius and Bord, he will take to the table with two-time finalist Tony Bloom, Hendon Mobster Barny Boatman making his second appearance, and Howard Lederer, the Professor also in his second Poker Million final.

The eighth and last spot in the final will be taken by an online qualifier through Full Tilt Poker's Last Chance Qualifier tournament - full details can be found at FullTiltPoker.com

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 01:02:17 PM »

Seth is a Brighton boy who managed to get in for 5k pts!!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 01:09:55 PM »

Does anyone actually care about these SNG programs? I watch them occasionally and they just bore me. Most hands are push/fold. Not many hands are shown in the first place. The production values on most of them are v poor (LNP for example doesn't show all hole cards, and spends ages to display them when it does - wtf, it's not a live program, sort your editting out), and the studios look so lifeless. And the commentary is usually pretty bad. Robert Williamson III on LNP tilts me especially - "OH MY GOD! HE'S HIT THE KING! THAT NEVER HAPPENS IN POKER EVER!".

That said they sometimes get it right - Jessie May/Pro player works quite well when I've seen that.

There was a new PAD rippoff program recently. £20,000 winner takes all 6-max I think it was. That was better than most of the other rubbish that's churned out.

Blue text
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 01:24:53 PM »

Does anyone actually care about these SNG programs? I watch them occasionally and they just bore me. Most hands are push/fold. Not many hands are shown in the first place. The production values on most of them are v poor (LNP for example doesn't show all hole cards, and spends ages to display them when it does - wtf, it's not a live program, sort your editting out), and the studios look so lifeless. And the commentary is usually pretty bad. Robert Williamson III on LNP tilts me especially - "OH MY GOD! HE'S HIT THE KING! THAT NEVER HAPPENS IN POKER EVER!".

That said they sometimes get it right - Jessie May/Pro player works quite well when I've seen that.

There was a new PAD rippoff program recently. £20,000 winner takes all 6-max I think it was. That was better than most of the other rubbish that's churned out.

What happened to the blue??

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 01:28:07 PM »

What happened to the blue??

It was too tilty...unlike this Red, which is a nice soothing colour.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
TheFlame

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 06:17:01 PM »

RED hurts my eyes  Cry
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 06:20:34 PM »

RED hurts my eyes  Cry

+1

Especially when it's quoted.

Fortunately I don't pay any attention to CF's posts anyway cus they're shite.

This makes them much easier to ignore.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 06:44:35 PM »

I can't read the red blurb hurts my eyes. Back to blue!
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 06:47:54 PM »

I can't read the red blurb hurts my eyes and the blue is rubbish too. just type in black ffs!

fyp

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 06:51:59 PM »

I can't read the red blurb hurts my eyes and the blue is rubbish too. just type in black ffs!

fyp

yeah black ftw obv just blue is lesser of the two recent evils from cf!
keilan303

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 07:10:42 PM »

Too sore on the eyes, didn't read
ALthough I thought Poker Lounge was just as naff as any other UK TV donk and go

« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 07:13:44 PM by keilan303 » Logged
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 07:30:11 PM »

Too sore on the eyes, didn't read
ALthough I thought Poker Lounge was just as naff as any other UK TV donk and go

I was considering green but decided it was too hard to read.

Blue text
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 07:32:24 PM »

Charles

Green and Red are both awful. Blue slightly less awful

What's wrong with the same as everyone else?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 07:58:40 PM »

Charles

Green and Red are both awful. Blue slightly less awful

What's wrong with the same as everyone else?

I was going to write the above post in black but then remembered that white is the hardest to read Smiley

Blue text
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 09:55:17 PM »

Red just reminds me of work. Very tilting
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: