blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:40:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  5 10 nl cash Victoria card room
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5 10 nl cash Victoria card room  (Read 4114 times)
Skgv

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2010, 12:42:33 PM »

This was a hand that affected my game the whole of the day as seemed to of changed my mind a few times during this hand. Was a big 5 10 game wt a couple of people with £15000 stacks an i  had decided to sit short to start wt siiting wt £1500. Was playing fairly solid an Frank penny a solid reg had opened in mid to late to a rather big £60 i was on the button wt  offsuit an was a bit bored but decided i would try an take this down post flop if i liked the flop texture.
Flop came down    an frank led for £100 an i decided against rerasing here but just flat calling obvviosly i may of had the best hand but wt my image an his image it was a tricky spot but i knew he could easily be c betting here wt a pocket pair or any ace but my intial instincts were to raise an win it now but i decided i would wiat for the turn.
Turn card came a    an i wasnt expecting him to bet the turn after i called flop but he bet again an this time £375 which threw me off a bit as i had intended to bet turn when he checked an this put my mindset in a bit of confusion ! Thoughts on my flop play an my next move on turn should of been?
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 01:05:36 PM »

Prefer a 3-bet pre, rather than a flat.

Once you have called pre, calling on the flop is my preferred option. Not sure why you'd raise on the flop, just turning your hand into a bluff?

Turn is probably a fold, but is obviously villain dependent. How often does he double barrell? Why has he bet more than pot? 
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 01:07:42 PM »

why did you expect him to check the turn when a nut card falls for any hand that is beating you?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 01:20:06 PM »

3 betting frank wt his big raise pre means im never reraisng as he defintely has a premimum hand an im calling really to outplay him post flop as i put him on ace q or ace king or small pocket pair by his raise size an with my history with him over 15 years im sure i can make him fold alot of hands post flop
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 01:21:42 PM »

why did you expect him to check the turn when a nut card falls for any hand that is beating you?
oviously i hoped he would be scared by my flop call but ovioulsy puts me on flush draw on turn which is great if it hits but it didnt as he knows i fold flush draw to big bet on turn.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 01:29:54 PM »

Prefer a 3-bet pre, rather than a flat.

I wouldn't want to 3bet here in this game, you can pick up extra traffic too often and create really horrible post flop situations for yourself with a shallow PSR - plus your hand flops ok multi-way and is in decent shape vs a reg opening range imo.

I agree that calling flop is best option.

Idk on the turn, fold seems the most logical, but because of the texture of the board its pretty likely he;ll continue to bet with most of range that Cbets the flop, If has a hand like AK/KQ/hearts or even KT/QJ he'll probs bet again for sure your hand looks so much like a draw or weak J (basically what you have) and even hands he bets on the turn that we are ahead of still ( Heart combo's and KQ/random stuff with clubs we still dont have a great deal of equity against....but because its a turn where he is most likely to bet again with most of his range to c-bet the flop if he c-bets the flop wide enough then I think you can really justify calling this street.

Problem is WTF do you do on the river?!?!?!?!?!!?!!?!?!??!? he'll probs set you in most of the time.

Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 01:45:02 PM »

3 betting frank wt his big raise pre means im never reraisng as he defintely has a premimum hand an im calling really to outplay him post flop as i put him on ace q or ace king or small pocket pair by his raise size an with my history with him over 15 years im sure i can make him fold alot of hands post flop

Kinda forgot his raise pre was £60. I don't know, I mean you say he has a premium hand, but still you'd like to call just to out play him on the flop or later streets. Seems spewy to me.

Problem is WTF do you do on the river?!?!?!?!?!!?!!?!?!??!? he'll probs set you in most of the time.

Pretty much this if we call turn.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 01:52:48 PM »

Generally when i'm playing 150bb and someone opens to 6bb and i put them on a premium holding i generally fold T9o pre

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 02:00:04 PM »

Generally when i'm playing 150bb and someone opens to 6bb and i put them on a premium holding i generally fold T9o pre

Pretty sure this is why he has a bracelet.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 02:04:45 PM »

Pretty sure this is why he has a bracelet.

Also pretty sure Girgy coulda given that advice!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 02:09:29 PM »

lool i know an i would of normally but i used the old hes tight im tight so i must have a better hand than him to call him kind of syndrome but i did state i was BORED! p.s no exuse though
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 05:10:13 AM »

deffo flat pre>3b. flat flop seems fine. would rather jam turn than flat, we can deffo get called by worse and he's probably never bluffing river.

Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 05:34:10 AM »

well i deliberated an finally changed my mind on jamming all in for just under £1300 an flatted instead with river being  an as soon as he checked river i knew he had an ace an would call me if i bet an he had Ace king! So all in all i changed my mind so many times on this hand on my plays an ended up losing the pot ! Agreed ? Marks out of 10 please boys Wink
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 05:47:24 AM »

well i deliberated an finally changed my mind on jamming all in for just under £1300 an flatted instead with river being  an as soon as he checked river i knew he had an ace an would call me if i bet an he had Ace king! So all in all i changed my mind so many times on this hand on my plays an ended up losing the pot ! Agreed ? Marks out of 10 please boys Wink

Just go back to waiting for Aces imo.

Like earlier today you lucky motherf......

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 09:40:21 AM »

deffo flat pre>3b. flat flop seems fine. would rather jam turn than flat, we can deffo get called by worse and he's probably never bluffing river.

Alex I really disagree here. The lineup in this game never find a call with worse, esp not against big Charra

@GreekStein on twitter.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: