blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:53:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Playing satellite for somebody else - opinions please
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Playing satellite for somebody else - opinions please  (Read 3548 times)
LOJ

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 10:34:24 PM »

result??
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 12:29:24 AM »

result??

He can't say for fear of blackmail (altho he might claim to have won it when he didn't for spite/disqualification purposes)
AlexB

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 01:26:59 AM »

sadly it was all to no avail, no badbeat stories tho, not good enough on the day :-(
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 01:36:25 AM »

sadly it was all to no avail, no badbeat stories tho, not good enough on the day :-(

but you did still play on your mates a/c so need to send the boys 1k each or they'll grass

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pyso

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 05:27:32 PM »

I am dismayed by the number of people who seem to think it is ok to play a satellite for someone else, or in other words cheat.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 05:46:15 PM »

I am dismayed by the number of people who seem to think it is ok to play a satellite for someone else, or in other words cheat.

Should be shot at dawn imo.

The older I get, the better I was.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 05:51:46 PM »

why do you consider this cheating?

MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 06:04:45 PM »

Because it's ghosting.. what's not to understand?

Now if his mate had given him the buy in to play under his own account and then 'bought' the seat from him then there's not a problem. But if you log on to play SN 'x' you don't expect to have Moorman (example) playing.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 06:09:11 PM »

Now if his mate had given him the buy in to play under his own account and then 'bought' the seat from him then there's not a problem. But if you log on to play SN 'x' you don't expect to have Moorman (example) playing.

yeah but pyso's post reads as if he's specifically referring to playing a sat for someone else as the cheating rather than the ghosting. I could be wrong though

MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 06:25:24 PM »

yeah but pyso's post reads as if he's specifically referring to playing a sat for someone else as the cheating rather than the ghosting. I could be wrong though

oh ok my bad - apologies
Pyso

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 07:44:32 PM »

It's misrepresentation, fraud, call it what you will, and both players are party to it.

It's like someone qualifying for say, the Open Golf Championship under a different name and then the less capable or originally unavailable player playing in the real event. How would the sporting world feel about that if it happened (which of course it never would, but it's an extreme example to prove a point)?

Maybe I just come from an out-of-date generation that cares about these things. I've never lied on a CV and I still think it matters to get "your" and "you're" mixed up...so, sigh, what do I know?....

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 08:14:19 PM »

nah, disagree 100% and your example makes no sense except in very specific circumstances where a comp is sat entry only

for most comps anyone can buy in or buy a seat from someone else who's won it. the person who played the sat is irrelevant

you can't compare it to the open which despite it's name isn't open but has entry requirements so someone else qualifying for you would be fraudulent

ghosting is a different matter entirely though

NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2010, 04:18:59 PM »

it's still 1 person per account and 1 account per person though. fwiw it doesn't bother me but strictly speaking this is against the rules.

Christopher Brammer
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: