blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:53:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Audley Harrison Signs With Full Tilt Poker
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Audley Harrison Signs With Full Tilt Poker  (Read 11395 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2010, 10:07:53 PM »

although you say "poker revenue" so i guess it mostly does come from the bottom and work it's way up. winning regs just take money off the site of course

Yes - "revenue" is all that matters.

so why not limit the amount of tables you can play at the same time to say 4, keep stakes fairly low and even ban players who consistently take too much money off the site?

In effect, that's what i-Poker did to us. Banned the winning players account - froze it, refused to allow him to play, or withdraw - & fined us 50% of what he won. And refused to pay the player until we agreed to pay the "fine".

He had made $50k in about a month.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2010, 10:11:43 PM »

very different economics and therefore decisions for networks versus the non networks, remember

cake gets sliced fewer ways if you are stand-alone

Networks, in this declining online environment are various stages of toast, economically

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2010, 10:17:17 PM »

very different economics and therefore decisions for networks versus the non networks, remember

Networks, in this declining online environment are various stages of toast, economically

That makes Laddies switch from stand-alone even more ill-timed and surprising.

Cyril Stein would not have approved.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2010, 10:25:47 PM »

Well done. The Toast, I mean.

The networks are as good as dead, it's just a question of time. The death will be ugly, too, many of them are not exactly run by Mother Theresa.

I'm really sad about Laddies though, it used to be such a lovely room, & software.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2010, 10:28:58 PM »

Laddies?

Cliffs please.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2010, 10:35:13 PM »

Laddies?

Cliffs please.

Their Online Poker room continues, despite numerous attempts by Management to arrest the decline, in freefall as to revenue. Annual declines of 10% to 20% cannot be sustained for very long, & it's been heading south at that rate for several years now. A shame, really. It's because you left, I reckon.

Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2010, 01:26:39 AM »

I'd say TK/Channing/Rolo would be sub 1% in a truly random UK survey.

I reckon Ivey/Negreanu/Hellmuth might ever so slightly transcend poker in the States. Hachem the same in Oz and a few others like that (Tony G is mahoosive in Lithuania)

I was talking to a guy in the Vic while ept was on from Lithuania. He said poker there is recognised as a sport and its very very popular there. They have national MTT events with no prizes lol! sounds mad but kinda cool aswell.

@whollyflush on twitter
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2010, 08:10:31 AM »

I reckon Ivey/Negreanu/Hellmuth might ever so slightly transcend poker in the States. Hachem the same in Oz and a few others like that (Tony G is mahoosive in Lithuania)

I was talking to a guy in the Vic while ept was on from Lithuania. He said poker there is recognised as a sport and its very very popular there. They have national MTT events with no prizes lol! sounds mad but kinda cool aswell.

Thats actually a really good idea, I'm sure if some of the big names did this in the USA and across Europe it would really help get it recognised as a game of skill. They could televise them and thus still make it lucrative.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2010, 11:27:06 AM »

http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/team_pokerstars_pro/2010/team-pokerstars-pro-signs-toni-judet-074588.html

There is very little in the actual mechanics of shooting pool and playing poker that can be considered even remotely similar. In fact, with the exception of a table covered in felt, it's hard to find anything in function or form that links the two together at all. Well, there is the wagering, of course. But aside from that...

In any case, it's not uncommon to find among poker's elite groups a few people with a little but of pool sharking in their past (See Negreanu, Daniel). Now, Team PokerStars Pro has another man on their team who has traded his cue for some cards. Romanian Toni Judet is an international billards champ who only started playing poker five years ago. Since then he's become one of his country's top poker pros.

Judet has done so well for himself that he's caught the eye of PokerStars. Just today Team PokerStars Pro announced that Judet is among its newest members.

Judet isn't some sleeper pick-up.

A couple of years back, he won a quarter millon bucks in a side event at the EPT Grand Final in Monte Carlo. That same year, he won even more after a 22nd place finish in the WSOP Main Event. As if that wasn't enough, Judet won the CAPT Bregenz Open Main Event for $141,245 and the title.

Since that time Judet has become a familiar face on the European Poker Tour, a circuit he will now travel with the Team Pro patch on his shoulder.

You can find Team PokerStars' newest member using the screen name "Toni Judet."

This seems like a perfect signing from Stars. Successful at poker, from a developing poker region and also famous in another niche arena where there could be a lot of crossover interest. Stick a pair of tits on him and it could be the best signing ever!

Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2010, 01:09:41 PM »

Thats actually a really good idea, I'm sure if some of the big names did this in the USA and across Europe it would really help get it recognised as a game of skill. They could televise them and thus still make it lucrative.

I forgot to add, that these events are also televised in Lithuania.

@whollyflush on twitter
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: