blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:03:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  2012 Olympics - Ticket Prices announced
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012 Olympics - Ticket Prices announced  (Read 9339 times)
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2010, 11:46:36 PM »

Mens 100m Final: £725

So that's like 70 buck a second!

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
duncthehat
25 years married to a EU Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2010, 11:58:10 PM »

How are they managing to charge tickets for the cycling road race or am i reading it wrong???

Fighting for EU Citizens Resident in the UK #RightToStay
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 12:04:42 AM »

How are they managing to charge tickets for the cycling road race or am i reading it wrong???

I'd imagine those are temp grandstands @ start/finish and maybe other locations. same for marathon, triathlon and walking

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 10:08:55 AM »

There are sports that will attract a core group of fans. I have no idea how many handballers (if that's the term) there are in the UK, and the rest of Europe for that matter, but I bet that in most cases demand will match the supply.

I also expect special last minute offers for anything that's struggling to fill up

I'd imagine those are temp grandstands @ start/finish and maybe other locations. same for marathon, triathlon and walking

It's already been stated before that the marathon and the like will be free, so I'm pretty sure those prices are just for the start/finish in the olympic stadium. Events like the triathlon which are all contained within one location (Hyde Park for the triathlon) - they could ticket the whole area, I think the only reason they won't is if they legally can't.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 10:36:42 PM »

Had a sneak peak at the ticketing guide which will be available free of charge on 15th. Looks good, although some events seem pricey for what they are. Will probably pick a few of the less popular events which are easier to get tickets for and one day of athletics. Only trouble is if you apply for one day and you don't get in, you may miss on other days. Or you could apply for two days and then end up with getting both.   
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 11:41:44 PM »

Should put the prices up imo, so we actually have a team there.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 11:56:49 PM »

Had a sneak peak at the ticketing guide which will be available free of charge on 15th. Looks good, although some events seem pricey for what they are. Will probably pick a few of the less popular events which are easier to get tickets for and one day of athletics. Only trouble is if you apply for one day and you don't get in, you may miss on other days. Or you could apply for two days and then end up with getting both.   

Apparently there will be a website where you can sell your unwanted tickets at face value.

So you should apply for loads more than you want to go to, then see what you get, pick out the ones you want and sell back the rest.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 06:44:52 AM »

Ok, like seatexchange type of site. Cool  Cool
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 09:38:15 AM »

It's a reasonable idea if you can afford to pay for the tickets, I'm going to be a little bit more cautious myself I've narrowed down my target list to a few sports I want to see covering a few venues to give myself a bit broader experience of the games (if I get the tickets).

After that I'm just going to look for special offers in events they're finding hard to fill.

2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2011, 11:04:21 AM »

You can now select the tickets you want to apply for from today (until some time in April - it doesn't matter apparently, if you do it now or on the last day, the date of your application isn't taken into account).

I wanted to go to the Men's 10,000m final, Session Code: AT004 and the price categories are as follows:

£450.00 - A
£295.00 - B
£150.00 - C
£95.00 - D
£50.00 - E

But I'm struggling to find what these different categories mean.  A will be close to the finish line, I'd imagine; and E will be somewhere in Kent - but you'd have thought there'd be a plan of the stadium showing what these categories mean. 

Can anyone find such a guide, as I'm being thick?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 11:06:17 AM »

Whats the selection criteria is it a random draw? Will I have a better chance applying for everything or picking a handful of events to try and watch?
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 11:10:39 AM »

23rd of December, that's my birthday. Geez I run bad.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2011, 11:18:22 AM »

Whats the selection criteria is it a random draw? Will I have a better chance applying for everything or picking a handful of events to try and watch?

If you pick something and get it, it's binding - you can't pull out.

So be careful you don't get stuck with 8 tickets for every day of the archery.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2011, 11:21:59 AM »

If you pick something and get it, it's binding - you can't pull out.

So be careful you don't get stuck with 8 tickets for every day of the archery.

Yes, you can't bid for 100 hundred tickets and then choose your favourite 10 out of them.  If you're lucky enough to get a ticket in the random draw, your credit card (must be Visa) will be charged.  There will be an official site to exchange tickets at face value, but that won't be for months.  So if you apply for loads of tickets, be prepared for a hefty credit card bill.

I'm still looking for any kind of guide that explains the difference between A-E seats in the Olympic Stadium.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2011, 11:40:48 AM »

You can now select the tickets you want to apply for from today (until some time in April - it doesn't matter apparently, if you do it now or on the last day, the date of your application isn't taken into account).

I wanted to go to the Men's 10,000m final, Session Code: AT004 and the price categories are as follows:

£450.00 - A
£295.00 - B
£150.00 - C
£95.00 - D
£50.00 - E

But I'm struggling to find what these different categories mean.  A will be close to the finish line, I'd imagine; and E will be somewhere in Kent - but you'd have thought there'd be a plan of the stadium showing what these categories mean. 

Can anyone find such a guide, as I'm being thick?

No it's really annoying.

The official explanation is that it's because you're not buying seats, you're buying which band you're going to sit in.

I think the most likely reason is that they just haven't allocated the bandings yet.

I'm going to leave it for a few weeks and hope at least one or two of the venues publish further details in the meantime.

2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: