blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:35:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live cash 50p/£1
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live cash 50p/£1  (Read 2709 times)
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2010, 04:09:09 PM »

As i am playing cash poker now would like some feedback if i played this really bad or ok

Villian  utg  £116
villan utg + 3     £130
Hero Button      £500ish

its 6am and the only people that are left are the chinese and a few asian guys both love to gamble and a few of the regs

50/£1

utg villian has rasied every had to £8 bet the flop,  bigger bet on the turn and always checked the river and folded to a bet
utg +3 has called a lot of pre folp bets buts folds flop or turn not seen his hand yet

so

utg rasies to £8
utg +3 calls
hero Button Calls 

Flop comes     

utg checks
utg +3 bets £13
hero??    this is where i want to see if i went wrong here
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 04:59:49 PM »

raise and stack off as played. fold pre
railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 05:11:14 PM »

raise and stack off as played. fold pre

o rly?
TheFallen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 05:19:58 PM »

i'd call to see a safe turn then get it in unless some new info comes up. I recon its too strong to fold right now but if you raise to get it in now your either crushed or flipping and there UTG to act behind still. At least on a blank turn you have more info on UTG (maybe some extra dead moneyfrom him) and now were either crushed or crushing.
against maniac or droolers getting it in on the flop would prob be better.

Blame it on my A.D.D. baby
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 05:21:12 PM »

wtf, never ever folding pre here. Although we arent super deep effective, we have ridic impllied odds against asian/chinese fish.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Rod

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 06:56:18 PM »

Good hand to post. My thoughts:-

Folding pre is not terrible in my opinion. The stack sizes are not that deep although two opponents mean we are more likely to get paid if we hit a big hand. Calling is fine obviously and I would call but I would like him to have more money behind.

I am finding it tough to say what do do on the flop. I am tempted just to call but the board is so wet and there are so many scare cards that can come on the turn. I am probably calling for a few reasons.

If I raise I am making as big pot with a pretty marginal hand. I don't want to do this.

If a raise unless a make a raise that commits me to the pot I am giving most draws the odds to play anyway and if a scare card comes on the turn I may end up folding the best hand.

I still have the UTG player to act behind me. I am assuming he will raise a monster in this spot and if he does not raise I think I probably have the best hand. I can the play the turn depending on what card falls. If it is the two spades I am probably happy to get it in at that point. If it is the then I most likely just give up.

Would like to see what some of the better players say on this one as I am sure I don't play this kind of situation optimally. Will wait and see if Alex comments.
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 07:15:32 PM »

I will leave it open a bit longer to here some more
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 07:24:21 PM »

pre is meh, live, on button. against live players. w/e

raising flop is fine, but you seem to have gone to the effort of explaining betting patterns so call flop jam good turns, where good turns are non J/Ts and hearts ish.
meh I thought utg cbet, probably be more likely to raise flop if I hadn't seen him be so turn aggro as you described of utg.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 07:34:32 PM by titaniumbean » Logged
ALASKAN5IVE

Miami4>>>>>>>Folding

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 10:17:22 PM »

Make it 31 - 37 English then call and win.... Esp in this game at 6am!

Sure will fold sir.......
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 10:35:15 PM »

Make it 31 - 37 English then call and win.... Esp in this game at 6am!

yup - people wont fold 1 queen here, plus you get values off junky straight draws and heart draws.

Folding pre is (shudder) shamefully nitty and calling on the flop is a total disaster

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 10:59:23 PM »

Pls never fold here.

Sometimes I raise, sometimes I call. Generally I decide based on reads and/or the minute hand of my watch. This time I would probably raise because a) flush draw, b) straight draw and c) want to get one of them off. If you raise then you're guaranteed HU pretty much as I can't see both doing a flat call. If UTG check-raises and UTG+3 stays in then fold, if one of them goes then stack off.
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 11:03:53 PM »

Ok I called the bet and under the gun made it £53 what was instant call by utg+3 now what
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 11:48:25 PM »

even with the villian that it was. still get it in imo

there are a bunch of value hands we beat and we're too shallow to do anything else imo.

If we're 250bbs+ then the hand changes drastically ofc

We really need to jam the flop tho. Not because we''re scared of a flush or w/e but because we get called behind so often on this turn when we either have to shut down or loose action on a TON of turns, plus we wanna jam draws here so showing up with these hands is great for our range
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 11:51:53 PM by SuuPRlim » Logged

LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 04:03:35 AM »

even with the villian that it was. still get it in imo

there are a bunch of value hands we beat and we're too shallow to do anything else imo.

If we're 250bbs+ then the hand changes drastically ofc

We really need to jam the flop tho. Not because we''re scared of a flush or w/e but because we get called behind so often on this turn when we either have to shut down or loose action on a TON of turns, plus we wanna jam draws here so showing up with these hands is great for our range

Pocket 44 ffs
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 06:54:31 AM »

wtf, never ever folding pre here. Although we arent super deep effective, we have ridic impllied odds against asian/chinese fish.

Meh, I guess I don't hate calling pre that much, but were effectively 58bbs deep (as his 8x is basically a standard open for 1/2), so unless we're heroing massively post then were not getting the right flops to stack off on post enough imo.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: