blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:17:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  a disgrace
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: a disgrace  (Read 20341 times)
remf

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 08:52:27 AM »

it was only 30 people

30 people insulting dead peoples memory's is 30 people this country could do without,
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 09:04:30 AM »

"I detest what you say, but I will defend to the the death your right to say it."

That's what the men and women of our armed forces have fought and died for.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
remf

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 09:32:48 AM »

"I detest what you say, but I will defend to the the death your right to say it."

If a group of paedophiles organized a march calling for child abuse to be legalised we would be morally outraged,surely yesterdays incident falls into the same category of what is not acceptable behaviour in a decent society.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2010, 09:37:13 AM »

The original thread has been placed back, minus some of the more inflammatory posts, and merged with this.

It's obviously an issue that will arouse strong feelings and last night the original thread was going to places we'd rather not see on blonde.

So, up to you. Keep it measured and civil and there won't be a problem with the thread.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2010, 09:44:48 AM »

Pretty proud of the English Defence league, and I doubt that's ever been the case before.

Doing that is just asking for a massive fk off shit kicking.

How could you ever be proud of the EDL? They are absolutely no different to these people.

Hateful evil people, pretending they believe in something to carry out pure evil.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2010, 09:45:47 AM »

If a group of paedophiles organized a march calling for child abuse to be legalised we would be morally outraged,surely yesterdays incident falls into the same category of what is not acceptable behaviour in a decent society.

You can be outraged, that's fine.  I think what they did was stupid, insensitive, inflammatory, misguided, and ultimately wrong and an insult to those who have died in conflict protecting the rights and freedom of the people of this and other countries.

But do you see that they have the right to do it? 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
remf

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2010, 10:35:22 AM »

You can be outraged, that's fine.  I think what they did was stupid, insensitive, inflammatory, misguided, and ultimately wrong and an insult to those who have died in conflict protecting the rights and freedom of the people of this and other countries.

I understand the point you are making and it's valid but there are some things that cross the lines of simply exercising free speech and extend into something very dark and dangerous,yesterday was one of those times.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2010, 10:41:02 AM »

I understand the point you are making and it's valid but there are some things that cross the lines of simply exercising free speech and extend into something very dark and dangerous,yesterday was one of those times.

A violent reaction against those who haven't actually broken any laws or physically hurt anyone (although I'm sure it angered and hurt lots of people including families of those who have died in conflicts and those who are serving in the armed forces) would be far more dangerous.  In fact, as others have alluded to, their actions will do nothing except inflame hatred and there will be innocent people from all 'sides' who will be hurt (both mentally and physically) by these actions as the retaliations and repercussions escalate.

I expect to see people burning korans on the news soon, and more tension and condemnation from all sides on all sorts of things.  The extremists will be the ones that will spark the fire, and the 'decent' people will be the ones who suffer.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2010, 11:29:04 AM »

A violent reaction against those who haven't actually broken any laws or physically hurt anyone (although I'm sure it angered and hurt lots of people including families of those who have died in conflicts and those who are serving in the armed forces) would be far more dangerous.  In fact, as others have alluded to, their actions will do nothing except inflame hatred and there will be innocent people from all 'sides' who will be hurt (both mentally and physically) by these actions as the retaliations and repercussions escalate.

I expect to see people burning korans on the news soon, and more tension and condemnation from all sides on all sorts of things.  The extremists will be the ones that will spark the fire, and the 'decent' people will be the ones who suffer.

Best thing to do when you see a spark is extinguish it. Put out the spark quickly and it can't develop into a fire. You could put out this fire quite quickly with some rubber bullets and tear gas.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2010, 11:31:51 AM »

Burning poppies is nothing compared to what the families of fallen Americans have to take from the Christian religious right in there own country

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
geordieneil
we are we are we are the mods

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2010, 11:43:12 AM »

everyone is entitled to protest against things they don't believe in, but this is going way too far.....ffs this is no protest, this is evil tw@ts wanting to cause serious sh1t....w@nkers
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2010, 12:39:18 PM »

I expect to see people burning korans on the news soon, and more tension and condemnation from all sides on all sorts of things. The extremists will be the ones that will spark the fire, and the 'decent' people will be the ones who suffer.

Their actions can be argued as merely them expressing their right to freedom of speech but there could be a case that their actions are "inciting a riot". If a football fan can be ejected on these grounds for abusing a football player surely it could be applied when you have a group aggressively shouting abusive comments with the aim to cause offense.

I believe in peoples right to protest and actually think there is to much apathy in this country. However saying that there is a correct manner to protest and extremists tend not to concern themselves with such considerations. Can't imagine a similar situation in the USA. Can you imagine how their authorities would deal with such a situation and freedom of speech is part of their constitution.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2010, 01:05:14 PM »

I expect to see people burning korans on the news soon, and more tension and condemnation from all sides on all sorts of things. The extremists will be the ones that will spark the fire, and the 'decent' people will be the ones who suffer.

Their actions can be argued as merely them expressing their right to freedom of speech but there could be a case that their actions are "inciting a riot". If a football fan can be ejected on these grounds for abusing a football player surely it could be applied when you have a group aggressively shouting abusive comments with the aim to cause offense.

I believe in peoples right to protest and actually think there is to much apathy in this country. However saying that there is a correct manner to protest and extremists tend not to concern themselves with such considerations. Can't imagine a similar situation in the USA. Can you imagine how their authorities would deal with such a situation and freedom of speech is part of their constitution.

I guess burning the Stars and Stripes is a similar thing.  Americans are very much split on that one, although it remains legal and a legitimate expression of their freedom of speech:

http://www.esquilax.com/flag/history.html

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2010, 01:24:37 PM »

Meh, freedom of speech blah de blah. Still doesn't change the fact that they deserve a good hoofing, sorry if that's harsh but it's tough shit IMO.......
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2010, 01:40:23 PM »

freedom of speech is what this country is all about .........however,
during the 2 minute silence on armistice day no no fucking way!!

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: