blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:32:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272623 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Car help please
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Car help please  (Read 2269 times)
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« on: December 01, 2010, 09:11:54 PM »

Ok, so i bought a car the other night and im happy with pretty much everything about the car, but looking at the diff types of wheels i kinda wish i had another set, didnt say anything when buying because i didnt want to wait the waiting period of 3-4 month just over a set of wheels, i was wondering if the car comes with a 15" set of wheels, is it easy to just swap for a 16" set or would work need to be carried out. Kinda know nothing about cars so excuse the retardness.

Thanks
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 09:22:23 PM »

Ok, so i bought a car the other night and im happy with pretty much everything about the car, but looking at the diff types of wheels i kinda wish i had another set, didnt say anything when buying because i didnt want to wait the waiting period of 3-4 month just over a set of wheels, i was wondering if the car comes with a 15" set of wheels, is it easy to just swap for a 16" set or would work need to be carried out. Kinda know nothing about cars so excuse the retardness.

Thanks

What car have you got??  from a 15" to a 16" will be fine,  i went 15" to a 17" on a mini cooper.   your  best bet is go into Halford and say you are looking into buying some wheels,    they  can check in a  book that tells them what wheels you can get on your car without any mods

The only thing you need to do is make sure the Nuts on the Wheel will line up
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 09:24:41 PM by LeedsRhodesy » Logged
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 09:25:46 PM »

Thanks

What car have you got??  from a 15" to a 16" will be fine i went 15" to a 17" on a mini cooper  you best bet is go into Halford and say you are looking into buying some wheels can they check and they have a book that tells them what wheels you can get on your car without any mods

The only think you need to do is make sure the Nuts on the Wheel will line up

Sweet that help alot thanks. And its the new style polo that i got, dont pick it up till next friday so might just be happy enough with how it is, but can imagine ill be going halfords.

Thanks
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 09:30:26 PM »

Bigger wheels, lower profile tyres.

Simplez.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 09:34:28 PM »

Thanks

What car have you got??  from a 15" to a 16" will be fine,  i went 15" to a 17" on a mini cooper.   your  best bet is go into Halford and say you are looking into buying some wheels,    they  can check in a  book that tells them what wheels you can get on your car without any mods

Not quite as simple as that, you have to make sure the offset is the same or as near as damn it or it will change the weighting of the steering and may also catch on the inside of the front wheel arches when you turn the wheels if not careful.

Stick with Halfords though, they will help you out.

Ah! The element of surprise
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 09:34:39 PM »

what car u got?
pics pls

Just me
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 09:35:54 PM »

Wheel offset can be pretty important too if you want your new car to stay shiny side up.
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 09:37:36 PM »

what car u got?
pics pls

New Polo mate, dont get it till end of next week.

Also the wheels i like for the car are VW ones that u can choose when u modify the car on the site, now my cars at some VW port in the Uk atm, is it worth ringing them up and asking them to change them ?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 09:40:11 PM by toddswain » Logged
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 09:46:59 PM »

Also the wheels i like for the car are VW ones that u can choose when u modify the car on the site, now my cars at some VW port in the Uk atm, is it worth ringing them up and asking them to change them ?

Sure. They'll charge you the full aftermarket price for them - cos the current ones will be 2nd hand - rather than just the upgrade price which you would have been charged at time of ordering.

Should also advise your insurance company.
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 09:52:28 PM »

Sure. They'll charge you the full aftermarket price for them - cos the current ones will be 2nd hand - rather than just the upgrade price which you would have been charged at time of ordering.

[/quote]

Fair doos, ill just wait abit then. Thanks
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 11:04:39 PM »

Fair doos, ill just wait abit then. Thanks
[/quote]

Have they got a used car that has had a wheel upgrade on there display? or are they running a demo with bigger wheels.

Mate if you tell them your not happy i'm sure they will help.

Regards

M

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 11:05:24 PM »

Will also affect gear ratios and speedometer/odometer accuracy.

The older I get, the better I was.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 08:25:43 AM »

Will also affect gear ratios and speedometer/odometer accuracy.

they'll have a chart with the correct

Bigger wheels, lower profile tyres.

Simplez.

toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 08:03:53 PM »

Got my car last night, sick impressed, and actually really like the alloys it came with, look smart so wont be changing them right now. Thanks for the help though guys
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 10:11:51 PM »

Got my car last night, sick impressed, and actually really like the alloys it came with, look smart so wont be changing them right now. Thanks for the help though guys

Sick Rubz.....

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: