blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:08:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Next Aberdeen Manager??
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Next Aberdeen Manager??  (Read 3865 times)
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 10:00:36 AM »

Papers this morning say they tried for Craig Brown, didn't their last manager do well at Motherwell too?

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2010, 02:58:16 PM »

Yes Rod..
They Promised the world to Mark Mcgoo but he kinda made a James Hunt of it.

Thankfully Craig Brown and Archie Know have seen sense and didn't want to move to an inferior Team with Less money and options.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 05:43:52 AM »

i can only think of one guy i would want that aberdeen could aford and who might go to aberdeen

PELE paterson he isnt drinking as much nowadays either

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 05:25:56 PM »

Wasnt Jimmy Calderwood hounded out by the fans?  Surely he'd never consider going back there

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
stonecoldkiller

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 05:54:48 PM »

Taken from another forum, spot on imo about this clown.

Phil Brown, a man with a well earned reputation for being one of the biggest bellends in British football. Aside from his ridiculous Jose Mourinho wannabe touchline schtick and ridiculous look, he has riled fans of opposing teams (and no doubt his own) by asserting the following:

* Asserted to other managers that he was a future England manager in waiting after Hulls incredible start to the 2008/2009 season.

* That it was a massive sign of progress that Hull City were in the hunt for a shot to shit Michael Owen.

* That staying up on the Final day of the season after an incredible losing run, losing the final fixture of the season and relying on other teams failing to win to keep them up that this was his moment: time to take to the field and start singing.

* Claimed to have talked a woman out of killing herself when taking his team on a bonding session by the humber bridge.

Clearly, he's a zany character and not to everyones taste, least not my own. He's bold as brass, and seems to have incredible, if a little misplaced, confidence in his own abilities.

Now, unemployed, he has been touting himself for the recently vacated Aberdeen post in the SPL:

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...l/article.html
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 03:02:38 AM »

Craig brown leaves motherwell tonight joins aberdeen tomorrow not sure if I should be happy but can't think of anyone else

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 08:42:07 AM »

Craig brown leaves motherwell tonight joins aberdeen tomorrow not sure if I should be happy but can't think of anyone else

Why wouldn't you be happy he's done a great job at Motherwell and is a far better manager than McGhee. 'Well fans will be pissed off with this big time but he's been working there without a contract so maybe thats why he's moved. He will have also used this as a bargaining position with Boyle to secure players in January, looks like he didn't get the assurances he was looking for.

Looking forward to John Boyles pantomime dame outbursts with this one  Cheesy
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2010, 10:19:05 AM »

Not convinced it's a good move for Craig Brown though.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2010, 01:57:35 PM »

Disgusted By this.

Why would you want to lower yourself...

You've made yer bed... Burn in it.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
fatshaft

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2010, 11:18:23 AM »

Unless Aberdeen allow/can afford a real cleanout of players what manager will make a difference? There's been a few capable managers there but they've seemed to been undone by squads who show that they can play, but don't seem to want to often.

I tend to think they'd have been better keeping Calderwood & Nicholl & funding them, even if the funding was to be a gamble.

I agree with this completely. I still find it hard to believe they got shot of Jimmy Tango.

Couldnt go wrong with hiring Calderwood again.

How on earth, after the shambles that was the tactical tombola spinning buffoon, can anyone say we made a mistake inb binning him or should take him back?  He was clueless, and we'd still be ignorant on the talents of young Fyvie if he was still in charge.

let's not forget how insulting he was to the fans as well, in total contrast to how Craigy Broon has started. "Two cars in every drive", "all too soft up here", "unrealistic expectations" etc.  Broon though - "this city deserves and needs a successful club" and "this club has been struggling for far too long".

The guy has started on the right track, yes he's not in any way an exciting or motivational appointment, that would have been the other Broon, but for where we are he's as good as we could have got, and a million miles better than Blunderwood. 

On a final Tango note, it's nice to see he's much more concilliatory and complimentary about Aberdeen and the city now that he realises not only that he lost the best job he ever had and will have, but his performances here have probably cost him any chance of a decent job in football ever again.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 06:10:47 PM »

Unless Aberdeen allow/can afford a real cleanout of players what manager will make a difference? There's been a few capable managers there but they've seemed to been undone by squads who show that they can play, but don't seem to want to often.

I tend to think they'd have been better keeping Calderwood & Nicholl & funding them, even if the funding was to be a gamble.

I agree with this completely. I still find it hard to believe they got shot of Jimmy Tango.

How on earth, after the shambles that was the tactical tombola spinning buffoon, can anyone say we made a mistake inb binning him or should take him back?  He was clueless, and we'd still be ignorant on the talents of young Fyvie if he was still in charge.

let's not forget how insulting he was to the fans as well, in total contrast to how Craigy Broon has started. "Two cars in every drive", "all too soft up here", "unrealistic expectations" etc.  Broon though - "this city deserves and needs a successful club" and "this club has been struggling for far too long".

The guy has started on the right track, yes he's not in any way an exciting or motivational appointment, that would have been the other Broon, but for where we are he's as good as we could have got, and a million miles better than Blunderwood. 

On a final Tango note, it's nice to see he's much more concilliatory and complimentary about Aberdeen and the city now that he realises not only that he lost the best job he ever had and will have, but his performances here have probably cost him any chance of a decent job in football ever again.

Some of what he said may have hurt, but doesn't sound too far out to be fair. Also remember you are arguing the toss over posts made well before Brown was appointed & made more looking at the shambles that Aberdeen seem to be making of endless 'new manager, no money, same squad - repeat'. The point that actually changing the squad of regular underachievers who ocaissionally show a bit of football migt be the best idea instead of spending the money on new guys trying to make silk purses with the same sows ears.

fatshaft

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2010, 05:15:51 PM »

Some of what he said may have hurt, but doesn't sound too far out to be fair. Also remember you are arguing the toss over posts made well before Brown was appointed & made more looking at the shambles that Aberdeen seem to be making of endless 'new manager, no money, same squad - repeat'. The point that actually changing the squad of regular underachievers who ocaissionally show a bit of football migt be the best idea instead of spending the money on new guys trying to make silk purses with the same sows ears.
Well right enough, most houses have two cars in the driveway  Wink, but then that's standard everywhere nowadays eh.

All too soft? Well as he's speaking about an area that has a large contingent of farmers, fishermen & offshore workers, think he might be off the mark there.

Unrealistic expectations? Well there have been fifteen clubs make a final since we last did, I don't think it's unrealistic that we should be doing a bit better than that, or going fifteen years without a trophy.

So no, like most of what Tango said, it was usually nonsense.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: