blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:30:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1210 1211 1212 1213 [1214] 1215 1216 1217 1218 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2562138 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18195 on: April 14, 2015, 02:48:24 PM »

180 man sng two time winner Tom Somerville Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18196 on: April 20, 2015, 06:31:04 PM »

UKIPT round up

The Hiroller was probably the worst value live tournament I've ever played. Won't be playing that again. Amazing the difference in the Sky two months ago of the same buyin. Think there was a bit of luck involved too, but there's definitely a marked difference between the two tours.

I busted pretty early making an ambitious hero call and then made a pretty much breakeven call off on a draw. Not really happy with my performance.

The main event was pretty brutal, I played badly on my first bullet but well on my second, and made day two with double average, only to bust in the 3rd hand of the day in an avoidable coin flip to have almost 5 times the average stack. Would've been a good one to go deep in. Still yet to cash in a UKIPT or GUKPT ha!

Fired two bullets at the Notts cup but an early bust on day two there too rounded up the festival with a big fat zero in cashes.

The cash action was good all week though, so I made a good profit on the week.

Managed to fit in two nights out and of course the sick 5 a-side football tournament as well - so all in all, as ever in Nottingham, it was a really fun week.

Here's the highlights of the semi final in the football between Mad Turk's side "Broadway" and DTD if you haven't seen it. Absolutely classic footage, so lucky to capture some of the best bits on camera.

Back in London now for an extended period. Nothing booked until Vegas in June actually. Will be fully focussing on cash games, Russian lessons, and getting fit and healthy. Won't be much to report I imagine.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18197 on: April 20, 2015, 06:41:43 PM »

Alex will be appearing on Sky Sports on Tuesday evening, on the Sky Poker TV show, 10pm - midnight.

He was given two options - the first was to come on the next Show that I am doing, & then, as a reserve back up, to appear on a Show with Joe Stapleton.

After a considerable period of agonising, he replied 13 seconds later "ooh, with Stapes please, I like him".

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18198 on: April 21, 2015, 03:01:38 PM »

The line up for tonight is now confirmed.

Richard Orford

Alex Goulder

Joe Stapleton

Stu Rutter

It will be televised live, between 10pm & midnight, on Sky Sports 4.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #18199 on: April 21, 2015, 10:17:43 PM »

UKIPT round up

The Hiroller was probably the worst value live tournament I've ever played. Won't be playing that again. Amazing the difference in the Sky two months ago of the same buyin. Think there was a bit of luck involved too, but there's definitely a marked difference between the two tours.

I busted pretty early making an ambitious hero call and then made a pretty much breakeven call off on a draw. Not really happy with my performance.

The main event was pretty brutal, I played badly on my first bullet but well on my second, and made day two with double average, only to bust in the 3rd hand of the day in an avoidable coin flip to have almost 5 times the average stack. Would've been a good one to go deep in. Still yet to cash in a UKIPT or GUKPT ha!

Fired two bullets at the Notts cup but an early bust on day two there too rounded up the festival with a big fat zero in cashes.

The cash action was good all week though, so I made a good profit on the week.

Managed to fit in two nights out and of course the sick 5 a-side football tournament as well - so all in all, as ever in Nottingham, it was a really fun week.

Here's the highlights of the semi final in the football between Mad Turk's side "Broadway" and DTD if you haven't seen it. Absolutely classic footage, so lucky to capture some of the best bits on camera.

Back in London now for an extended period. Nothing booked until Vegas in June actually. Will be fully focussing on cash games, Russian lessons, and getting fit and healthy. Won't be much to report I imagine.

Quality video producing as ever was that you with late equaliser looked similar but not you ha

Good luck tonight I will record it, sound like a stalker #awkward

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18200 on: April 22, 2015, 08:39:27 AM »

Morning TV star.

Watched the Show last night, thought you were superb, you absolutely get what the idea is.

It's the first time I have ever watched one of those shows start to finish in over 8 years, but I could not switch off or turn over, it was so good.

Did you enjoy meeting Stapes?

I do hope they looked after Victoria properly, too, & she enjoyed it.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #18201 on: April 22, 2015, 11:29:18 AM »

Morning TV star.

Watched the Show last night, thought you were superb, you absolutely get what the idea is.

It's the first time I have ever watched one of those shows start to finish in over 8 years, but I could not switch off or turn over, it was so good.

Do these go up on the skypoker youtbe channel eventually Tikay?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18202 on: April 22, 2015, 12:10:17 PM »

Morning TV star.

Yes it was a blast. I genuinely enjoyed it a lot, and the new format is so much better than the 5 hour show. Stapes, Stu and Richard are all class acts and really made it very easy for me to relax and just be myself, so glad that came across.

Victoria was really unwell just before so might have seemed a bit sour, but she did enjoy it and didn't mind being sat in the sound room - she could see all what was going on anyway. She took this nice photo too of me and my hero (sorry Teeks) on the set.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #18203 on: April 22, 2015, 12:38:50 PM »

Great show last night from all. Really like the new format, hope it's getting decent ratings that turn into new sign ups on the site. Must be good for punters seeing all these pros, Alex, tommy and stu busto their 200 bb stack in an hour and a half Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18204 on: April 29, 2015, 12:40:34 PM »

Morning TV star.

Yes it was a blast. I genuinely enjoyed it a lot, and the new format is so much better than the 5 hour show. Stapes, Stu and Richard are all class acts and really made it very easy for me to relax and just be myself, so glad that came across.

Victoria was really unwell just before so might have seemed a bit sour, but she did enjoy it and didn't mind being sat in the sound room - she could see all what was going on anyway. She took this nice photo too of me and my hero (sorry Teeks) on the set.

Just remind me where you are in the League Table, Alex?

I'm in profit, like.

Made a few bob playing  two spades too. You just have to know how to play these tricky ones oop.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18205 on: April 29, 2015, 12:41:49 PM »

Morning TV star.

Sorry David, missed that question, this Diary is so quiet.

In short, no. Extracts & so on, yes, but not the whole thing, no.

KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #18206 on: April 29, 2015, 06:58:40 PM »

Morning TV star.

Sorry David, missed that question, this Diary is so quiet.

In short, no. Extracts & so on, yes, but not the whole thing, no.

I thank the person who came up with the 100 quid challenge a lot, even though I'm not on those tables
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18207 on: April 30, 2015, 08:43:40 PM »

Just remind me where you are in the League Table, Alex?

I'm in profit, like.

Made a few bob playing  two spades too. You just have to know how to play these tricky ones oop.

Despite this clearly being rhetorical, you've pressed me for a response so I shall oblige...

I think I'm in equal 4th place? Something like that.

It was quite amusing how my tables filled up so quickly and especially that I had friends bum hunting me trying to humiliate me. Even had Kev who I coach on my table. Been a while since I played a student in a cash game...ahem...

Anyway, the end result for those that didn't know was that Tom High successfully bum hunted me, and then set over setted me and the hand was played out live on TV, to relieve me of the rest of my chips. I think he wet himself with excitement and even told his Mum what a clever boy he'd been.

Great fun though.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18208 on: June 05, 2015, 10:13:32 AM »

congratulations!

"well done to Alex Goulder, who won the partypoker deepstack high roller

what a tough and fun final table this looked!

1    Alex Goulder
2    Steven Warburton
3    Neil Strike
4    Richard Trigg
5    Stuart Fox
6    Roger Wright
7    Thomas Middleton
8    Simon Hemsworth
9    Christopher Vernon

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #18209 on: June 05, 2015, 10:17:47 AM »

oioi nice one big Allen!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: 1 ... 1210 1211 1212 1213 [1214] 1215 1216 1217 1218 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: