blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:42:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1289 1290 1291 1292 [1293] 1294 1295 1296 1297 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2556621 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #19380 on: March 07, 2018, 09:42:46 PM »

I was thinking of a few instances where T8s 97s etc were passer by the pros OOP to other pros.

You're right though. Correct plays

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #19381 on: March 10, 2018, 07:53:15 AM »

I thought the I’ve tipped the dealers comment from Sam was a pretty good gesture
Some did well
Some not so well
My GF. Couldn’t believe Ali reloading second hand in ,or the fact that Michael who had won £125 k didn’t stand up n leave !
I’ve tried to explain
A couple of the players showed how bad you can run in cash Luke - Justin
Ali’s chirping chips near the end when he heatered for a few hands was great too
One of the best streams I’ve seen
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19382 on: March 19, 2018, 05:01:58 PM »

well done

would love an idea of how you found it as and when you get a chance.

Yes, a little write-up about the experience as a whole. I'm not particularly interested in "how much", more "how was it?" & what Mrs Goulder thought of it all.

Sorry I've take so long to reply. I stay logged out of blonde because when logged in it honestly takes 10-20 seconds to load every page, whereas its instant when logged out.

re tipping: in stream games, generally winners tip at the end (they all did) losers don't.

It was an amazing and exhilarating experience - I absolutely loved it - what a buzz. I knew about it for many months before so I prepared well, watched live streams, talked to friends, had a strategy going in - which is something I've never done before with a cash game. It felt a bit like playing a final table - tough to sleep the night before. Wake up raring to go, struggling to eat a full meal, butterflies etc. And in every pot your heart is racing.

That first hand where it's 100/200/500 and you open to £1500 with 98 suited and think woahhhh - this is big game! Of course I didn't have 100% of myself, but I had an amount where I'd qualify it as a "shot".

I had thought so much about every kind of tough spot that could come up - how I would react if I had Michael or Sam on my left 3betting me a lot, how I would construct my ranges preflop in various potential coups, watched hours of live streams to get better reads- but at the end of the day it was one session of poker - about 200 hands - and almost nothing came up that I'd prepared for. No tough river spot where I was trying to get a read, I wasn't put in a difficult situation all night really, just because of the way the cards fell.

I could've got myself in some tough spots if I'd had a more aggressive preflop strategy (I flatted AK twice in potential 3 and 4bet spots) but I don't think bloating pots out of position 500-600bb deep vs excellent players is very good, especially when it might force a weaker player out of the pot.

I think my toughest situation I was in was the hand pads alluded to, where I rivered a straight in a cold 4bet pot with 88 and checked it back on the 9TJ47 board with 3 clubs. I think Sams range is AQ+, QQ+, a very low amount of flushes and straights and the odd hand like AJ or QTs that he has cold 4bet pre and check/called the flop. Of these hands, I can't see him ever calling the river. So my decision is to bet and call a raise or just check and win the pot. And this is maybe where the stakes were so high that I took a slightly too cautious route. And also, this is where Sam's confidence and experience comes into his favour. I think Sam wouldn't think twice about check jamming any hand with or and that makes him a really tough opponent. I said this to lildave after the game, if it was a 5/10 game I'd just bet and call, but when its £200k I don't mind nitting it up slightly Tongue

Even Michael, who's about as fearless a 21 year old as you could meet, even he turned down a "+EV jam" because it wouldn't cost him £250k to "win £10k in EV" and that was too much to risk for his bankroll (The AK vs AA hand vs Sam). It's basic kelly criterion but doesn't feel great at the time because you start to question yourself. I've had reservations for each new stake level and it's the same everytime - all it takes is practice and you become used to it. I remember when I moved up to 2/5 from 1/2 there was a running joke Mitch made where if I ever bet more than £500 I had to have it Cheesy

Hopefully I'll get to play the next one and the next one and in a year or two I'll be the one putting people in coffins for 200 bags Tongue

#lovethegame

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19383 on: March 19, 2018, 05:38:51 PM »

Alex,

Forum opening slowly?

Have you read this?

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=67964.0

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #19384 on: March 19, 2018, 06:19:31 PM »

Great write up, Alex.

Was really enjoyable to watch, and looking forward to the next one, too.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19385 on: March 19, 2018, 06:31:02 PM »

Alex,

Forum opening slowly?

Have you read this?

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=67964.0

Yes but didn't stick it out until page 3 before! All sorted! Bye bye babylon.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #19386 on: May 09, 2018, 08:30:05 PM »

update pls

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19387 on: May 10, 2018, 09:58:52 AM »

update pls

Hi Cos

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19388 on: May 10, 2018, 12:35:53 PM »

update pls

Hi Cos!

Well it's SCOOP and powerfest time, which of course means I'm playing absolutely zero online tournaments.

Still playing live cash almost every day, a few nights out here and there, had an unforgettable trip to Anfield for the Roma 5-2 game, and generally just enjoying preparing for arrival of baby G (5 weeks!), enjoying the weather and exploring our new surroundings (Buckhurst Hill, London - see picture).

https://imgur.com/a/rungw9u
https://imgur.com/4gwL8P5

Internet Policeman thread could definitely do with an update too!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19389 on: May 10, 2018, 01:09:16 PM »

Fabulous.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #19390 on: May 10, 2018, 05:20:50 PM »

Got a ton of barely used baby clothes to pass on if you want them. Just PM your address and I’ll send if they are of any use!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #19391 on: May 11, 2018, 01:07:01 AM »

Glad all is going so well, and best of luck with the incoming bambino.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19392 on: May 11, 2018, 10:05:22 AM »

update pls

Hi Cos!

Well it's SCOOP and powerfest time, which of course means I'm playing absolutely zero online tournaments.

Still playing live cash almost every day, a few nights out here and there, had an unforgettable trip to Anfield for the Roma 5-2 game, and generally just enjoying preparing for arrival of baby G (5 weeks!), enjoying the weather and exploring our new surroundings (Buckhurst Hill, London - see picture).

the golden triangle eh, Connaught water is very nice, same with all the open ground up to the hunting lodge and into Chingford.

Quite a few nice restaurants in Woodford now too if you want to eat out. Loughton has gone massively downhill, some nice pubs in High Beach aswell for the sunshine.

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #19393 on: May 11, 2018, 01:16:29 PM »

update pls

Hi Cos!

Ah nice mate, used to live in Chigwell myself. Got a few friends who live in Buckhurst Hill. Very nice area!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19394 on: June 12, 2018, 10:05:16 AM »

Congratulations Viktoria and Alex

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 1289 1290 1291 1292 [1293] 1294 1295 1296 1297 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: