blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:27:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1298 1299 1300 1301 [1302] 1303 1304 1305 1306 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2543771 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19515 on: November 05, 2022, 06:10:03 PM »

Quite hooked on these streams from Hustler now. Watched yesterday's this evening. Great viewing and well played Ali.

Loved watching Antonius too, super cool guy, no doubt. Must've been fun to play on that table if you have the cojones for it

Watched much of the last one too, Ali G played so well after a lot of previous run bad.  Good of Garrett to f up his payday and give everyone else a chance.  

On to the important question, has Antonius aged at all?  

They're quite good for watching if you are playing online. I binked 3rd in an 8 game tourn yesterday for $17.00 (hourly around $3.20) and change while Alex was relieving Persson of rather larger amounts over about the same time period.

Antonius looks great and barely changed as you say, and in this environment came across as a really engaging character I thought

Amazing stuff at your age Glenn, well done.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #19516 on: November 06, 2022, 01:00:23 AM »

Quite hooked on these streams from Hustler now. Watched yesterday's this evening. Great viewing and well played Ali.

Loved watching Antonius too, super cool guy, no doubt. Must've been fun to play on that table if you have the cojones for it

Watched much of the last one too, Ali G played so well after a lot of previous run bad.  Good of Garrett to f up his payday and give everyone else a chance.  

On to the important question, has Antonius aged at all?  

They're quite good for watching if you are playing online. I binked 3rd in an 8 game tourn yesterday for $17.00 (hourly around $3.20) and change while Alex was relieving Persson of rather larger amounts over about the same time period.

Antonius looks great and barely changed as you say, and in this environment came across as a really engaging character I thought

Amazing stuff at your age Glenn, well done.

Haha, Thanks Tony, you made me chuckle which is always a win

sola virtus nobilitat
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19517 on: November 06, 2022, 03:44:26 AM »

Go on...tell us about the Kings

Did it for him besmirching the name of Phil Hellmuth Jr, presumably?

Well done.

Thanks all. I'm back home in England after quite the trip. Run good came at the right time!

Kings hand was wild. My biggest ever winning pot.

I was making an effort to give more action as I felt Eric needed to be convinced I was good for the game (he blocks people if they have <35% vpip for eg Wesley, he tweeted that yesterday), and it was his $800 straddle and I was on the button.

I think raising blind in this spot is a fine play and good for optics + the show, so I annouce blind raise to $2k. Folds to him and he makes it $12k. I let my neighbour sweat my hand as we squeeze two beautiful kings.

I'm playing a stack of $94k (I think it was down as 84 on the system which was off by 10), it doesn't take a former professional poker player turned angel investor to work out how to get the money in here. Small 4bet that he has to call - $28k. He does call.

three diamonds or some similar Ace high wheel rainbow flop.

He instantly puts me allin for $65k 😂😂😂

I was always calling but just took some time as a) biggest pot ever, b) you can get info from his speech play c) huge swing emotionally for the trip which is in its final 30 minutes or so - either down heaps or up small.

He uses a phrase which I'd seen him use to Garrett when he had the nuts. "Better to live like a man than die on your knees". This worried me a little. But I decided to live like a man I guess!

Gave him credit for at least having a draw / pair but no - , happy days!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #19518 on: November 08, 2022, 04:34:11 PM »

Hi Alex, very well done - I can assure you, you’ll get an invite back (should you want it!) - hard to forget those hands (from his perspective â˜ș). The whole ‘angel investor’ thing too, lol.

NB - I saw you once in the Empire, approached to say hi, you were very courteous - could tell you were a good guy who wasn’t letting success swamp ego (stay true to that whatever happens). 🙂

Dwayne
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19519 on: November 08, 2022, 05:07:06 PM »

Hi Alex, very well done - I can assure you, you’ll get an invite back (should you want it!) - hard to forget those hands (from his perspective â˜ș). The whole ‘angel investor’ thing too, lol.

NB - I saw you once in the Empire, approached to say hi, you were very courteous - could tell you were a good guy who wasn’t letting success swamp ego (stay true to that whatever happens). 🙂

Dwayne

Hi and thanks for the kind words!

People think that angel investor is made up but it's genuinely not. Started a fund 5 years ago with a couple of non-poker people and we invest in startups. Sure I play a lot of poker still but it's not my main source of income. Especially since covid 

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #19520 on: November 19, 2022, 01:48:37 AM »

Watched some bits recently and partly reminded me of blonde! Come a long way, great to see you doing so well.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19521 on: January 04, 2023, 07:35:44 PM »

HNY Blonde!

Shall I restart the blog? Had a lot on my mind lately and no good place to put it, and also some fun tournament stops coming up so thinking about bringing it back, warts n all!

What kind of content would you guys like to read?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19522 on: January 04, 2023, 07:43:02 PM »

Please restart.

Content? I love the away from the table, everyday life stuff.
I enjoy the poker if it includes frame of mind and thought process.

HNY to you and yours.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19523 on: January 04, 2023, 07:56:17 PM »

BOOM, yes please Alex.

Include plenty of photos if possible, please. And family update.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19524 on: January 05, 2023, 10:31:48 AM »

BOOM, yes please Alex.

Include plenty of photos if possible, please. And family update.

Holiday pics? Cheesy

How does one attach a photo these days? Assume it’ll be a large file size

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19525 on: January 05, 2023, 11:05:47 AM »

Get the blog restarted.

Belated HB for yesterday & Best Wishes for 2023.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #19526 on: January 05, 2023, 01:15:46 PM »

Would love to see a blog reboot Alex.

Your Angel investment fund would make an extremely interesting read - to whatever extent you are able to share - in addition to your poker exploits

I only know you through Blonde, but I always enjoyed being a fly on your wall in the past blog posts
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19527 on: January 05, 2023, 02:24:11 PM »

Yep, some decent bloggage required. Currently having to suffer with some offerings that end in Aftermath. Cheesy

Cymru am byth
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #19528 on: January 05, 2023, 03:16:07 PM »

Get the blog restarted.

Belated HB for yesterday & Best Wishes for 2023.

+1

HNY mate!

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #19529 on: January 05, 2023, 06:35:20 PM »

definitely restart it...loved following your adventures on instagram and you tube of the cash games

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Pages: 1 ... 1298 1299 1300 1301 [1302] 1303 1304 1305 1306 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: