blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:12:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1301 1302 1303 1304 [1305] 1306 1307 1308 1309 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2555877 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #19560 on: January 09, 2023, 01:18:43 PM »

Fascinating stuff, this is a whole world of which I knew nothing.

Ditto.  Think I saw the Suffolk photo, and wondered what Alex was doing pokerwise.  Good to see the blog and the continued success. 

Don't think that looks like the back of a Mondeo...

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #19561 on: January 09, 2023, 05:34:29 PM »

Very interesting read Alex, like Tikay, a world about which I know nothing so all the more fascinating

sola virtus nobilitat
alanc

View Profile
« Reply #19562 on: January 09, 2023, 06:05:00 PM »

Excellent read.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #19563 on: January 09, 2023, 06:24:01 PM »

Loving this Alex

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19564 on: January 09, 2023, 06:25:10 PM »

Suddenly reminded me of this, which was much the same thing.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19565 on: January 09, 2023, 06:54:10 PM »

Nice stories, loving the honesty and fk me I stared at the fat waiter in your wedding picture for ages thinking I knew him from somewhere then realised it was Cos!

Looking forward to more.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19566 on: January 09, 2023, 07:24:55 PM »

Nice stories, loving the honesty and fk me I stared at the fat waiter in your wedding picture for ages thinking I knew him from somewhere then realised it was Cos!

Looking forward to more.

Ouch. Especially coming from you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19567 on: January 10, 2023, 10:15:25 AM »

We're more or less up to date I suppose, I just had a brief look back and I made a few posts about being back on the tournament circuit from March of last year following our exciting adventure round Chile.

I put my heart and soul into tournaments last year - studied so hard and grinded everything - no joy. It was disheartening at points and tough emotionally - I've never actually grinded tournaments fulltime, always been somewhere between 50 and 100% cash volume, so subjecting myself to the variance fulltime was going to be a challenge if I didn't hit the ground running. I really enjoyed the studying process and learning new things. I felt so prepared but there's just so little you can do to affect the outcomes it's quite hopeless at times!

By the end of the year I felt I needed to get some cash hours under my belt for my sanity so explored the scene in LA. I think I'll have to wait to write more about that since it's ongoing. I'm going back there mid February for the LAPC.

I'm certainly glad to see the back of 2022, very nearly my first losing year in poker - and certainly a losing year overall what with cyrpto, the markets etc.

Feeling positive about 2023 though. It's been good to "zoom out" during the break, and remind myself of my WSOP main 37th end of 2021, remind myself it's only 8 months of live tournaments etc etc.

Plan for the next month is
-DTD UKPC 12-16th
-Cyprus Merit Poker Western Series 20-26th
Paris WPT Prime 31-5th

Will do updates here when I can - I feel the diary rungood will return with a venegance!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #19568 on: January 10, 2023, 06:10:52 PM »

Best of luck in those Alex.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19569 on: January 10, 2023, 06:31:38 PM »

Thanks Ralph. Will you or any other blondes for that matter be playing any events this week? Be good to say hi.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #19570 on: January 10, 2023, 07:21:07 PM »

Alex!!

Remember visiting our cottage in Wimbledon? I told you that London would be a good move 😃

Great to see you posting again.

Allez!!
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #19571 on: January 10, 2023, 07:21:29 PM »

Haven't posted since 2017, but I'm absolutely here for this! Loved the catchup, and a really rare insight into a side of the game us mere mortals will never see.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19572 on: January 10, 2023, 09:18:38 PM »

Alex!!

Remember visiting our cottage in Wimbledon? I told you that London would be a good move 😃

I do indeed! May I hazard a guess that family life has trumped poker in the last few years for you?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #19573 on: January 10, 2023, 09:25:07 PM »

Alex!!

I do indeed! May I hazard a guess that family life has trumped poker in the last few years for you?

That would be fair - 6yo Toby and a fulfilling life of work commitments mean poker is but an occasional hobby now - perhaps two or three times a year.

The game still feels soothingly familiar though 🙂

Allez!!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #19574 on: January 11, 2023, 09:23:47 AM »

Thanks Ralph. Will you or any other blondes for that matter be playing any events this week? Be good to say hi.

I'm pretty much over playing poker these days Alex - re-entries killed it for me.

I might have popped along to DTD and said hi this week but slipped and fractured my right wrist just before Xmas so currently hors de combat.

Pages: 1 ... 1301 1302 1303 1304 [1305] 1306 1307 1308 1309 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: