blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:11:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1069 1070 1071 1072 [1073] 1074 1075 1076 1077 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2562273 times)
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #16080 on: July 13, 2013, 07:27:56 PM »

btw I've just woken up with my trousers around my ankles, still got my shirt, 3 of the buttons are missing, my contact lens are still in, I had a piece of shiny paper (the stuff that comes down from the ceiling in clubs) on my forehead still.

the last night in vegas was possibly the sickest ever.

I was almost definitely the drunkest i've ever been.

full tr to follow.

Sounds amazing. Cant wait for the full story altho I am a little concerned bout the trousers round the ankles. Hope ur not walking funny.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16081 on: July 13, 2013, 07:43:20 PM »

theres 145 in there. 52 preflop, ive bet 18 and he jammed for 75 total, so its 57 to win 145, 2.5:1 so we need just 28% equity to call. just can't see this hand is even being discussed when there's a flush draw out there he could have, and I dominate him some % (a wayyyy bigger % than he has AA/KK or 5x btw).

I can just about see this in a cash game but surely here there has to be some premium attached to your tournament life?  Doesnt ICM come into it all at this stage?

there's a massive premium to tournament life, and if it was a close thing mathematically then yes i could find a fold, but when I could be well over 50% favourite, I mean he could have AQ and Im a 88% favourite! Vs any realistic range I'm wayyyy over 28% to call.

I didn't put him on any 5x, but vs this wide a peeling range pre, it includes all hearts and all hands like 86s and 64s which are openenders, obviously he jams all flush draws he'll do it with some gutshots too, and dont forget im priced in against QQ!

vs a tight peeling range he has flush draws, some AQ, and Ax, and big pair like 99-QQ that he felt he had to 3bet, but didnt wanna get in, he defo wasnt the type to slowplay AA/KK but even so, i block both and its just such a tiny part of his range.

honestly, folding is totally out of the question.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #16082 on: July 13, 2013, 07:50:16 PM »

yeh prefer c jamming too
Or if not c/ jam then c/fold.

The problem with 18k is it looks like you are trying to induce a shove? And it commits you to the pot although there is an argument for folding and playing the 57k.

Real shit spot really.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #16083 on: July 13, 2013, 07:53:41 PM »

theres 145 in there. 52 preflop, ive bet 18 and he jammed for 75 total, so its 57 to win 145, 2.5:1 so we need just 28% equity to call. just can't see this hand is even being discussed when there's a flush draw out there he could have, and I dominate him some % (a wayyyy bigger % than he has AA/KK or 5x btw).

I can just about see this in a cash game but surely here there has to be some premium attached to your tournament life?  Doesnt ICM come into it all at this stage?

there's a massive premium to tournament life, and if it was a close thing mathematically then yes i could find a fold, but when I could be well over 50% favourite, I mean he could have AQ and Im a 88% favourite! Vs any realistic range I'm wayyyy over 28% to call.

I didn't put him on any 5x, but vs this wide a peeling range pre, it includes all hearts and all hands like 86s and 64s which are openenders, obviously he jams all flush draws he'll do it with some gutshots too, and dont forget im priced in against QQ!

vs a tight peeling range he has flush draws, some AQ, and Ax, and big pair like 99-QQ that he felt he had to 3bet, but didnt wanna get in, he defo wasnt the type to slowplay AA/KK but even so, i block both and its just such a tiny part of his range.

Im not sure how we can not include any 5 in his range but include hands like 68s and 46s.  At this stage in the tournament our remaining chips (57k) probably have a value in the region of 25k.....a chip stack of 200k which we would get if we win the hand can't realistically be worth much more than double that so effectively the cash value of the call is much less than 2.5/1.  Anyway I don't really want to dwell on it but just though it was interesting and wanted to ask you about it.

Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #16084 on: July 13, 2013, 07:59:06 PM »

Why would he peel 86s/64s and not 56s and 75s?

I don't think you should fold, but think bet calling is the worst option
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16085 on: July 13, 2013, 08:10:18 PM »

no i was saying vs a range that includes 5x, it also includes 86 and 64.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #16086 on: July 13, 2013, 08:11:35 PM »

How was the head?

Sorry i mean Hows the headache?

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #16087 on: July 13, 2013, 08:12:43 PM »

also dont think its likely that he will not 5bet 99 in good spot but would jam flop with a or k high, bxy checking we allow him to bet all his no equity hands

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16088 on: July 13, 2013, 08:12:58 PM »

I really dont mind taking criticism about hands, i post in PHA all the time with hands I think I've messed up, it's the nut way to improve. but taking heat about this hand, a pot that was probably worth more than my net worth in equity, is pretty tilting, esp when to me its uber standard. It's still pretty raw, I just wanna forget about it now Sad

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16089 on: July 13, 2013, 08:14:47 PM »

Fuck all this boring hand analysis stuff, Alex done what he thought right at the time.

Now lets get to the important stuff about how and why posh boy woke up with his trousers round his ankles!

I suppose the first question we should ask is, have you woken up with any pains that you didn't have when you went to sleep?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16090 on: July 13, 2013, 08:25:28 PM »

Day 20 - Final day

Mitch and I both woke up more tilted than the night before. Wounds even more sore. The options for the day were

1) Sulk in bed all day
2) Drink

For a while it was looking like 1) was going to prevail, but eventually we manned up and got on it. We weren't gonna leave Vegas like that. I think it was food that got swayed Mitch. Shock right?

Laidback Luke was playing at Hakasan. I had no idea who/what either of those things were a few weeks ago so I'll explain. I believe Laidback Luke is a D J and is part of the Swedish House Mafia (very famous group). Hakasan is a restaurant/night club in Vegas. We ate there in the first week but have never partied there.

Feeling a bit under it after the main event, Mitch, Simon, Shola and I didn't really fancy flicking it in for a table which are joke expensive - you should've seen the menu for drinks, I was sure there must be decimal points missing but it seriously read something like this

Vodka $995
Rum $895
Mixers $495

Nick had just busted the main and wanted to ball out and get a table, and being the massive hero he is, subsidised the table for us - absolute class act. It's one of the biggest motivations I have to grind and get the lot - to be able to treat my friends to something amazing can give you no greater pleasure.

We had our own bouncers, we had our own waitresses to make our drinks for us, we even had a couple of guys who went round the club finding young hot single girls to join us. So we were feeling pretty great about life.

Then Nick spotted Sam Trickett.

Sam had this ultimate set-up. $10k minimum spend area, set on a podium overlooking, but still right next to, the entire dancefloor. Sam and Nick go way back and we were invited into this area and spend the rest of the night partying with him and his mates. I recognised Andy Mosley there, but no-one else from the poker world as far as I know.

It was unbelievable. So so so so sick. The club itself was by far and away the sickest club I've ever set foot in. And Laidback Luke just absolutely killed it. Loved it so much. I'm a big fan of Swedish House Mafia so knew I'd like it, but it was far beyond my expectations. Just an unreal feeling being part of it. So many times over the past 2/3 years since I started playing poker for a living I've had "omg I have the best life" moments - last night was absolutely one of those. I could've stayed there till 9am if I wasn't so smashed lol.

Sitting down was my mistake. Once you sit down, the alochol hits you right in the face, whereas if you just keep on dancing you don't realise how drunk you are! I sat down and was just like omg i need to go home.  this was about 4am, so I said my goodbyes and thank yous and bolted for the exit alone. I was jjjjust on the brink, but I think I was at the perfect level of drunk before that. And it wasnt so bad that I felt ill at any point, just absolutely spinning. I remember muttering a phrase over and over again in the taxi and on the walk to the hotel. No idea what it was, but I remember repeating something over and over again lol.

I went straight to sleep and obviously didn't undress, though clearly I half undressed at some point in the night because I woke up with my trousers round my ankles and my shirt half ripped off. What a state!

Best night out ever, not even remotely close. What a way to finish Vegas 2013 off!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:28:29 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #16091 on: July 13, 2013, 08:26:43 PM »

I really dont mind taking criticism about hands, i post in PHA all the time with hands I think I've messed up, it's the nut way to improve. but taking heat about this hand, a pot that was probably worth more than my net worth in equity, is pretty tilting, esp when to me its uber standard. It's still pretty raw, I just wanna forget about it now Sad

Whilst it sucks Alex u have a public diary where people are inevitably gonna post things you're not going to like.

Don't worry about it. The main event isn't going anywhere

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #16092 on: July 13, 2013, 08:32:54 PM »

Vodka $995
Rum $895
Mixers $495

is vegas always this expensive?

495 for mixers is hilar.

I am sure it will be big bottles of goose right

Just me
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #16093 on: July 13, 2013, 08:38:36 PM »

Vodka $995
Rum $895
Mixers $495

is vegas always this expensive?

495 for mixers is hilar.

I am sure it will be big bottles of goose right

Paying for the real estate, not for the booze...

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16094 on: July 13, 2013, 08:39:40 PM »

it was goose but not the huge ones

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 1069 1070 1071 1072 [1073] 1074 1075 1076 1077 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: