blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:12:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1165 1166 1167 1168 [1169] 1170 1171 1172 1173 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2543784 times)
willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #17520 on: July 08, 2014, 03:02:13 AM »

best of luck
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17521 on: July 08, 2014, 11:04:17 PM »

Busted yesterday in level 5. It was all about 3 key hands.

Had a steady start on a great table, grinded 30 into 36k then played key hand #1

Utg2 opens 700 @150/300. CO 3bets 2200. I'm BTN with AKo, and call. SB 4bets to 6k, with 13k back. Folds to me.

I could definitely fold here, and hour before I probably would've done, but this guy had been battered in the last hour and was getting really frustrated, mucking his cards on the river in disbelief on two occasions, and just looked like he was steaming.

I jammed and he took 10-15 seconds before calling with AQo. I hold to go to 58k. Loving life.

30 minutes later key hand #2.

Villain has been opening every hand since the start of the tournament more or less, he's up to 100k which is probably good for the chip lead in level 3. Running like god, and opening way too wide - K4o, K8o from MP. He's not been spazzing post flop but that's because he's had the nuts every time - hence the 100k stack!

So he opens MP 700, and I decide to just call with from the sb. The bb calls too.

checks to him, he bets 1300, I call, bb calls.

I lead for 3k, bb folds, he raises to 11k. I'm actually hating life here. Who bluffs in this spot? And he's obviously not raising worse for value. And if he is going to bluff, surely he makes it like 8.5k or something? This is a straight flush isn't it? He's raising massive because my hand looks like the and he wants to stack me, setting up a big river shove. Anyway, I call.

I check he bets 24k. I have 43k. The board pair is irrelevant in that none of us ever has a house. But to me, I think it makes him MORE likely to bluff because he's never going to try and bluff me off the on an unpaired board, but MIGHT try and rep the house (some players do just try and rep hands they can never have), and you can never rule out the spaz factor. Vs the majority of the field I can fold here, but vs this guy I just couldn't. But I should've done. These folds separate the great from the good and I'm depressed that I couldn't make it.

I don't think generally calling too many rivers is a weakness in my game, I have other weaknesses but I'm quite disciplined about folding rivers. But why couldn't I do it on the biggest stage? It's so obvious what's going on, he just always has the straight flush. Why couldn't I fold?

If the board didn't pair I know he was gonna jam, he said afterwards he would've done - then I would've folded. That was my plan on the turn. But since he didn't jam, he bet 24k and calling left me with 19k, so over 60bbs, I decided it was still plenty to work with if I was wrong. Which of course I was - .

The dinner break came soon after which was handy, time to regroup, and forget that I had 58k, forget about that hand and try and grind back.

Unfortunately it didn't happen, I couldn't win a pot after dinner, I went down to 11k then played out hand #3

Utg2 opens 1000 at 200/400/50. I defend bb with .

I check, he bets 1400, I raise to 3050, he jams, I call with the speech "I didn't think I'd be calling off my stack on day 1 of the main event with Ten high but here we are!"

Queen on the turn gave me 3 extra outs, but the board paired on the river and I was out.

It wasn't as gutting as last year, because it was only day 1, never got close, but still - it's the greatest tournament in the world, and to have a hand like that happen whatever you say about the decisions made, it's still a cooler hand, was pretty gutting.

Feeling deflated now, I've got 4 days left in Vegas with no plans and no motivation. Got plenty of time off over the next 4/5 weeks to regroup and maybe make some decisions. Maybe need to move to Germany, they seem to know how to get shit done Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #17522 on: July 09, 2014, 02:31:36 AM »

Ul Sad

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17523 on: July 09, 2014, 07:42:23 AM »

Brutal stuff, Alex, most unlucky. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #17524 on: July 10, 2014, 11:38:38 AM »

Alex chipped up in Venetian $1K 214k chips at end of day 1b. Good luck!

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #17525 on: July 10, 2014, 12:21:08 PM »

Excellent news.

Best of luck tomorrow, Alex!

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17526 on: July 10, 2014, 12:32:43 PM »

Ha, moaned it in.

Glgl.  

Stato was near 200k in the main too.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17527 on: July 11, 2014, 01:06:19 AM »

So yes I've done a fair bit of wallowing since the main event. Just feeling a bit down about why I couldn't make that fold and also just more generally not feeling very fulfilled in life. I feel like I want to do more, follow some other passions (specifically music), maybe I don't #lovethegame anymore, and also make more of a difference in society / life or just generally achieve a bit more with my days, my time. I think I've found an answer. More about that in another post.

Mid afternoon yesterday, I had a moment of inspiration, I don't know what it was, but I suddenly sat up in bed and thought I'm going to get back on the horse. I'm not going to spend my last 3/4 days in Vegas wallowing, I'm going to play one last tournament and see what happens.

I was pretty late, and generally against regging late, but since it was my last tournament, and last chance for a score in Vegas (a score of my own!) and it was a very soft field I heard, I went for it - 15k @ 300/600 and spun that into 215k for day two, which is chunks and just 11 or 12% of the field left so basically locked up a fifth flag.

Depending on runners today for 1c, should be around $300k ftw. Pretty excited but also feel mentally refreshed and ready for another run.

Mitch went home today. He got out of it in the last two nights and booked a winning trip. He'll be missed. Routing for Stato, Steve Warbs, Firaldo and Stu Rutter in the main event. It's nice to still have that dream alive of a friend on the final table, or some swaps still going! Gowan lads.

Looking like Deadman's celebration night is tonight, he's organising a big meal plus night out after. Should be good, but will have cut it short because of day two tomorrow Sad Will just have a couple...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17528 on: July 11, 2014, 01:44:44 AM »

Don't go crazy and good luck tomorrow. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #17529 on: July 11, 2014, 02:25:34 AM »

Mid afternoon yesterday, I had a moment of inspiration, I don't know what it was, but I suddenly sat up in bed and thought I'm going to get back on the horse.

I know you've just got together, but that is no way to speak about your girlfriend. Despicable behavior.

Unlucky on the bust out pal, be nice to see this diary kept alive!

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #17530 on: July 11, 2014, 02:25:59 AM »

gl
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #17531 on: July 11, 2014, 02:28:46 AM »

25 secs
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #17532 on: July 11, 2014, 09:27:58 AM »

Is the new idea pokerbay?

Lol gl today bud.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17533 on: July 12, 2014, 08:13:25 AM »

I want to leave the Vegas blog on a good note, so will report on today first and then yesterday...

Today had so much potential, especially as I hit the ground running, and just kept building and building. Lost a sick pot where a guy called a large turn raise with 3 outs and got there, but that was soon forgotten as I was knocking out short stacks left right and centre and building my stack up.

Got it to almost 700k at peak, then it just all went crumbling down, one cold 4bet bluff didn't work, one regular bluff didn't work, then a guy floated 65o vs my AK on K23 and rivered a 4 and that had me down to 20bbs.

Then I got those allin on the flop with JT on 789 vs 78 and he rivered a 7. Pretty brutal. 48th out of 1945 runners for $5k.

So to summarise the trip with a few stats-

Tournaments played 12
Cashed in 5
Profit ~$4.5k
Profit from swaps ~$30k

So thanks to Deadman, my best Vegas trip yet, but as always, could've been so much more, with pretty cruel beats / coolers to bust deep in things. JJ<99 to finish 28th, set over set in the 1500 for a huge pot itm, nut flush vs straight flush in the main event, 4 outered to bust today. I shouldn't be writing this! I've obviously had a lucky trip all things considered, but you don't get any personal fulfilment from a lucky swap, my own personal performance is what I'm critical of and I feel I haven't played my best at some key points, and also feel I've been unlucky at some key points also. 

OK so last night. Perhaps best night if not defo second best night of the trip. And I had to cut it short and not really drink because of day two today!

So we went for Teppanyaki at Shibuya in MGM. Never had that before and it was soooo good. I'd never even heard of Teppanyaki, but the pics give you an idea.

Click to see full-size image.

Close to the best meat I've ever tasted (N9ne steak restaurant in Palms was as good) and I had it with lobster tails and tiger prawns which were also delicious, but the meat really stood out. Awesome little desserts afterwards rounded off one of the top 5 meals of my life. And #1 most expensive!

Then got a sick LIMOOOOO to Drais, a new club in Vegas. And it's now my favourite club in the world. It's open air, which I love, and this is the view from the dancefloor.

And some of the views on the dancefloor

Was so much fun. Really really sick night, and I was gutted to have to leave early.

Tonight's my last night but no-ones up for much. Stato busted 25 off the money in the main, which I can only imagine how shit that feels. Plenty of people hanging from last night, but I reckon I could turn them, I defo wanna go out since my flight isn't till 4pm tomorrow, I'm ON IT!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17534 on: July 13, 2014, 01:16:25 AM »

The group was definitely suffering last night. Some from hangovers, some from poker fatigue, some feeling busto, some just downright mardy. I was the most up for it by far and it was a struggle to get people out.

We picked up Steve Warbs from the Rio after he bagged up for day 5 and he just lifted the whole group. He was absolutely buzzing, loving the whole experience - and he's been put through the lot. AA<KK, Grinded that all back then lost AK<A3 for 35bbs each right at the end of day 2 or 3. Then spun it up then bled down, and we caught him yesterday at a high point of 600k. From my limited experience I know how mentally draining it is to spend literally days grinding a shortstack, build it up and then get fked and have to do it all again. It must be unbearable all the adrenaline and emotions the main event puts you through. He walked up to the car and gave the double fistpump and "c'mon!!!" I've never seen anyone so pumped!

It was contagious as everyone was suddenly up for it, so we left Steve to have an early night then headed to the pleasure pit at Planet Hollywood for some degening. Played 3 card poker for hours whilst getting drunk and slowly losing money. I managed to break even for once which a right result.

Since it was 4am by this point it didn't se worth going to a club so we got a limo directly home.

I decided to extend my flight one day because I don't have a commitment back home until Monday so I can squeeze one more day/night out of Vegas. I just love it here so much I've had the best time and I don't want it to stop!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:20:16 AM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 1165 1166 1167 1168 [1169] 1170 1171 1172 1173 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: