blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:37:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 144412 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2011, 03:16:13 PM »

Excellent start Mr Dole-Queue man.

Please write an Idiots Guide to Spreads Betting, & IR stuff.

I'm never sure 'they' are being serious when 'they' say most true pro punterers sign on. Think it's probably hilarious japes. Whatever, I did it once and sure will be doing it again. Won't be making NI contributions either. No value there. £12 a week to pick up a pension when I've snuffed it? GG.

Never done spread betting at all. Had one go on a mate's account about 15 years ago, buying Norwich points and failing miserably, and never touched it since. IR is where it's at.

IR betting is a nack, something you either can do completely, or can't do at all. You can be a marv racereader and still be shit at betting IR. Know a few of them.

It's quickness of thought and eye-hand co-ordination that counts, although you obv need to know a bit about the sport. This is probably a pretty random idea but I'll stick it up anyway. If you're an assertive driver you'll be all right at IR. If you're one of those that can't read roundabouts and slip-raod on to motorway traffic, don't bother. Said it was pretty random...

That's about as much as there is to say about IR. I was asked if I fancied writing a book on IR a while back but there's nothing to say about it. Not easy to train people either. You just have to try it and see if you're any good at it.  Like I sure am today.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 03:44:23 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2011, 05:06:56 PM »

Proud of the Posh at the moment. Only conceding six at Fulham was better than expected. At least Tomlin got one back. Probably missed a bet here, never even thought to look at the 'any other score' price on betty. Pretty poor.

Any thoughts darts boys on the 7-1 Adrian Lewis for next year's PDC? I probably won't play, as I don't like having long-term bets hovering around, but someone asked me at the G the other night for one bet, on any sport, and I gave him Lewis.

Just think this is an impossible market to price up. Reminds me of the first time Hendry won the world snooker. Straight after that Davis was still favourite for the following year. Wrongly. End of an era.

If you take the view this is the end of the Taylor era and the start of another, what price should Lewis be? 3-1? Like I say he's impossible to price. Taylor can't go on forever and still takes out a chunk of the market. I know there's a lot more strength in depth but Lewis will only be 26 next year and Taylor wants taking on. Interesting anyhoo.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2011, 05:13:57 PM »

Will you be updating us on your poker adventures on this thread?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2011, 05:15:35 PM »

Yep, 2 for January Tighty

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2011, 05:25:47 PM »

Yep, 2 for January Tighty

Running totals please so you just dont conjure up a figure like you did last year.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 06:19:40 PM by celtic » Logged

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Drain Alien
*** Drainy ***

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2011, 01:40:46 PM »

GL with this blog'age Clompy.

I would like to know....

WPIL (excluding me obv) and why?

Favourite alcoholic drink?

Why don't u play pokerz on-line isn't it?

What annoys you the most (non-poker)?

Ahem....

Tighty - 8th September 2015 - Oh FFS Drainy is back !!!!!!
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2011, 02:06:12 PM »

I would like to know....

Ahem....

I got confused then coz he did answer this post.  Looks like Chomps has been doing his old 'post - delete' trick on here too.

My question - why do you do that chompy - do you immediately think better of stuff the minute after you've posted it?  Some proper gems have been lost to the ether Sad

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2011, 02:15:32 PM »

I would like to know....

Ahem....

Sorry Drainy, here goes...

British Gas obv, tez.

Newcastle Brown, Foster's is gay.

My powers are worthless online. Always thought that if I'm not talking I'm generally not playing well.

Last question is easy. National Lottery 'In It To Win It', that quiz with Dale Winton. I have many questions about this pile of mince and it tilts me so badly. Had forgotten how much until I saw it again for the first time in ages last night.
It was a four-way chop for around £16k each. Amazing really. One of the four knew the answer to his question, the state capital of California, the other three somehow managed to guess correctly. Three x 2-1 shots, a nice 26-1 treble.
Incred really. Reckon there must have been ten guesses last night and most were correct. How's that work?
Does anyone know anyone that's been on one of these quiz shows? Where the ^&*^% do they find them?
Stick someone like Tighty on there and he'd get them all right. And would TID with the MOF. But that wouldn't be good for the show. They need players rotating. So they seem to pick idiots.
The bird that got the first seven questions right last night to stick £35k in the prize fund - since when did the Beeb have 60 bags to give away on a weekly quiz? - had to answer 'The Cape of Good Hope lies at the tip of which continent?' to get back on winners' row.
She then struggled to think of a continent before going for...America. WTF!
Do they have to fail an audition to get on this? Reckon that used to be the case on 100 per cent too. Know a guy that went on there and he's not exactly the sharpest tool in the box.
Aaargh, tilting again just thinking about it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 03:03:15 PM by Chompy » Logged

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2011, 02:19:41 PM »

Yup, do that quite often Clawbird. Was trying to think of something what really tilts me and then, there it was, at 8pm on BBC1 last night.

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2011, 02:35:11 PM »

I would like to know....

Ahem....

British Gas obv, tez.

My powers are worthless online. Always thought that if I'm not talking I'm generally not playing well.

Last question is easy. National Lottery 'In It To Win It', that quiz with Dale Winton. I have many questions about this pile of mince and it tilts me so badly. Had forgotten how much until I saw it again for the first time in ages last night.
It was a four-way chop for around £16k each. Amazing really. One of the four knew the answer to his question, the state capital of California, the other three somehow managed to guess correctly. Three x 2-1 shots, a nice 26-1 treble.
Incred really. Reckon there must have been ten guesses last night and most were correct. How's that work?
Does anyone know anyone that's been on one of these quiz shows? Where the ^&*^% do they find them?
Stick someone like Tighty on there and he'd get them all right. And would TID with the MOF. But that wouldn't be good for the show. They need players rotating. So they seem to pick idiots.
The bird that got the first seven questions right last night to stick £35k in the prize fund - since when did the Beeb have 60 bags to give away on a weekly quiz? - had to answer 'The Cape of Good Hope lies at the tip of which continent?' to get back on winners' row.
Do they have to fail an audition to get on this? Reckon that used to be the case on 100 per cent too. Know a guy that went on there and he's not exactly bright.

lol....Soooooooooo+1

Just can't even watch it now for even a second.

Does he still say,.... "can I take that as your final answer?"........when they have said what their final answer is!!! arrrgggghhhh.

....and why do they have to give a bleeding speech about all the friging different answers?.....arrrrggggghhhh.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2011, 02:48:18 PM »

It's good to tilt yourself occasionally, gets the blood pumping.

Couldn't be arsed to do the housework one afternoon a couple of weeks ago and was just messing about playing facebook scrabz as per.

So I decided to discuss my Monte Carlo exit hand with Sir Donksalot and it worked. Upstairs and downstairs done in record time.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2011, 02:51:18 PM »

....and why do they have to give a bleeding speech about all the friging different answers?.....arrrrggggghhhh.

they probs get told to by the producers.  When we went on eggheads we were told we had to give a little speech about how we'd arrived at our answer. eg, if the question was 'what is 1+1' and the possible answers are 2, 3 or 4 you'd have to go through some rigmarole to eliminate the other answers'.  makes for better telly I guess, and also makes the contestants look a bit dumber than the eggheads (well, even more dumb).

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2011, 05:27:08 PM »

My kids lock me in my study while they watch the Winton. Apparently I tilt them when I start criticising the programme and they like to guess the answers.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2011, 06:39:57 PM »

Guess maybe it's aimed at kidz and lottery ticket buyers. Still tilts the life out of me.

127 hours is fantastic. Gonna be a non-stop week of cinema going this week I fancy.

Drain Alien
*** Drainy ***

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2011, 08:11:42 PM »

I would like to know....

Ahem....

British Gas obv, tez.

Do they have to fail an audition to get on this? Reckon that used to be the case on 100 per cent too. Know a guy that went on there and he's not exactly the sharpest tool in the box.

Loz @ innit to winnit innit
proper tez

plz tell us about these "powers" that u have....
(ps - nothing wrong with talking to yourself whilst playing on-line imo)

Tighty - 8th September 2015 - Oh FFS Drainy is back !!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: