blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:04:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 143273 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2011, 12:33:55 PM »

I would guess stories like Howard Johnson's neglect of his horses or Katie Walsh brutal treatment of her mount when winning at Cheltenham last season (it brought tears to my eyes even) are far more damaging to racing than a band of cheats caught cheating.

That's true, horse welfare was a major issue a few years ago (if I remember correctly) and things like this are a massive problem. If people get the perception that all race horses are mis-treated, don't enjoy racing and are not taken care of properly the sport is completely fecked.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2011, 12:38:37 PM »

The greatest blonde Diary ever ever ever.*

*May be slightly untrue.

This one went off at 1/3 to be Diary of the Year, & will win hard-held.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2011, 03:35:43 PM »

I am just awesome at betting IR. After 2h45m of non-stop racing, I am...

Horse Racing: £0.04 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  £0.04

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2011, 03:42:20 PM »

How do we know that's true Chomps.

Post a screenshot.

Blatch lied about those figures all the time. How do we know you didn't actually make 3p or 5p?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2011, 12:40:46 PM »

Midday, & no update?

Shocking. Knew it would never last beyond a fortnight......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 14, 2011, 01:17:48 PM »

Aargh, I am so on tilt with myself. Should have just won the world in the first at Huntingdon but only just woken up innit.

Ten runners in a handicap hurdle. The hurdles course is on the outside of the chase course and, over 2m5f, they meet a dividing rail after about 100 yards. I know this much, only been there about a million times.

Only two jockeys went to the left of this rail. Eight went the other way, one of whom then pulled up, thinking (correctly) he'd gone the wrong way.

The two who went the right way then ambled round in their own private race and the winner of that pair, Dancing Daffodil, could have been backed at 50! Last price matched...20

Could also have laid Rawaaj, first home of the seven to go inside the rail, at 1.05. That's 1/20 about a horse I should have insta-realised had taken the wrong course. FML.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 01:34:43 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 14, 2011, 01:35:51 PM »

Aargh, I am so on tilt with myself. Should have just won the world in the first at Huntingdon but only just woken up innit.

[ x ]  Blatant, "I succeeded in making the final two tables at Luton last night" boast!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2011, 01:40:36 PM »

[ x ]  Blatant, "I succeeded in making the final two tables at Luton last night" boast!

impressive..2 final tables but that still probably meant he lost money taking into account missing those Huntingdon races

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 14, 2011, 01:52:01 PM »

Nah, I was up and about and sat in front of my PC when the Hunningdon race was being run Boldie. Just head not in gear. Sat there staring at the TV rather than going all in. My fault.
Best days on Betty have always come after a gym session to get the blood pumping. Waking up at half eleven and chomping on coco pops rocks when they're jumping away for the first at Lingfield isn't ideal.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2011, 01:55:13 PM »

what set up do you have? Seperate office with a telly (or two, one ATR one RUK?) on the wall or just sitting in the living room with the laptop in front of you?

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2011, 02:04:39 PM »

Laptop on sofa? Nah, that defo can't be done.

Got it all set up. Couple of PCs, just in case broadband goes down on one, and a couple of TVs, one for Sky and one for terrestrial.

Betting IR can be done off ATR and RUK despite what you'll hear. Over and over and over again. Just don't play near fences/hurdles and final furlong/run-in on ATR and it's fine imo.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2011, 02:27:54 PM »

Do you go to the gym with Dean?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2011, 02:49:44 PM »

Nah, I was up and about and sat in front of my PC when the Hunningdon race was being run Boldie. Just head not in gear. Sat there staring at the TV rather than going all in. My fault.
Best days on Betty have always come after a gym session to get the blood pumping. Waking up at half eleven and chomping on coco pops rocks when they're jumping away for the first at Lingfield isn't ideal.

lolz

sola virtus nobilitat
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2011, 02:54:30 PM »

No tourney reports or running profit/loss figures for poker. Why not?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2011, 02:58:51 PM »

Poker running total is -£520 after four tournaments.

Two for January please Tighty...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: