blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:53:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 143239 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: March 21, 2011, 07:08:58 PM »

Yep, CMS is 27 but not many miles on the clock and got a good three years left at his current level imo. Fat Barry wants £5m in the summer but think £3m is realistic.

Just a watcher tonight's game for me. It's looking like a scrap between us and Soton for the second automatic spot but we need to win this.

Nearly just a watcher anyway. Couldn't resist a bit on Posh scoring 4+ with Baldfred. 18-1!

LOLZ at scorecasts! We is serious punters on here isn't it.

Sorry Boss.

Any decent Tourneys lined up? My pocket is itching.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 21, 2011, 07:19:50 PM »

£150 at Circus Circus this weekend, then it's off to Vegas next Wednesday for a week of deepstackery. Not been arsed with poker for a while but ready for a stint now.

Also need a break from IR. Playing every day for four months without a break is enough. Always find I do better when coming back to it after a week off anyway. Then evening racing starts. Canna wait.

WED 6/15/11 $550 Position Poker ™ $5,000 ADDED

^^^ Taken from the Venetian summer schedule. Heard last week they're going to be running a tournament whereby you can cash out if you want. So if you've doubled your stack at the first break in a $560, you can cash out for $1k. That right?

'Position Poker' appears in place of NLHE but google comes up with nothing for 'position poker', except articles on how position is important in poker. Tell that to Sir Foldskingsprealot with AQ in the small blind!

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 21, 2011, 07:39:43 PM »

Good luck in Vegas next week. Both of us!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 21, 2011, 09:59:20 PM »

Sigh. Miserable. Disliked. Franchise. Workmanlike. Boring. Unsupported. Wankers.

Whatever, we aren't good enough to go up this season. If we do we'll just bomb again. And that would be the end of the Fergie era for sure.

Let CMS and the vastly overrated Joe Lewis move on. Strengthen defence, bring in Romain Vincelot and see where we go from there.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Xpressman

NEW ADVENTURE..... WITH THE GILLS !!

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 22, 2011, 11:26:59 AM »

Sorry about Peterborough Chompy

Hopefully this will cheer you up tonight !!

1   Brighton v Notts Co (Backing  Brighton @ 1.55)
2   St Johnstone v Brechin (Backing  St Johnstone @ 1.34)
3   Eastbourne v Crawley Town (Backing  Crawley Town @ 1.38)
4   Clyde v Arbroath (Backing  Arbroath @ 1.64)
5   Raith v Ross Co (Backing  Raith @ 1.98)

£5  Lucky 31  (Betfair multiple prices)

Nice chunk on Arbroath away available at 1.7 (Betfair)     Aldershot at home to Barnet  Home win 2.12 (Betfair)

Hope all works out

claypole

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 22, 2011, 07:18:58 PM »

£150 at Circus Circus this weekend, then it's off to Vegas next Wednesday for a week of deepstackery. Not been arsed with poker for a while but ready for a stint now.

Also need a break from IR. Playing every day for four months without a break is enough. Always find I do better when coming back to it after a week off anyway. Then evening racing starts. Canna wait.

^^^ Taken from the Venetian summer schedule. Heard last week they're going to be running a tournament whereby you can cash out if you want. So if you've doubled your stack at the first break in a $560, you can cash out for $1k. That right?

'Position Poker' appears in place of NLHE but google comes up with nothing for 'position poker', except articles on how position is important in poker. Tell that to Sir Foldskingsprealot with AQ in the small blind!

I've read something on position poker recently - can remember where though. I think from memory Mathosow involved in development, basically something to do with being last to act after you win a pot I think, basically messes with button. There's a bit more to it than that clearly. Just realised this post less than useful lolol
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 22, 2011, 07:50:13 PM »

Position Poker is a game that Johnny Chan is trying to bring forward. Basically the game is the same as NL holdem, except that when u win a pot, you will get a special button. That person will act after the button but before the small and big blind preflop and after the button on the flop, turn, and river regardless of position. Since the Venetian is willing to help promote the game for one day, they have agreed to add $ 5000 to the prizepool.

Found that online somewhere .

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 22, 2011, 10:36:10 PM »

Sure will be playing this.

Unlucky those Scotch lower league hoofers let you down there Xpress. Saw the first three results and thought you were in for binkage. Ul.

Xpressman

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 23, 2011, 08:06:50 AM »

I had good binkage on Arbroath and Aldershot Tho   Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 23, 2011, 02:10:56 PM »

Arbroath drew 1-1??

Also and without sounding to be rude nor patronising, backing heavy odds on away, especially in accumulators-is the quickest way to the poor house imo.

A books dream.

Just my imo tho mate and best of luck. Smiley
ruholding

little grey cells

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 23, 2011, 03:24:05 PM »

i am confused.com - did u have arbroath to win?? final score was 1-1.

mad dog allen back at barnet - conference here we come

PS CHOMPY STILL 0 BRACELETS
Xpressman

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 23, 2011, 04:43:00 PM »

Your quite right i done my dosh on Arbroath, but i forgot to mention that i also had a few shekels on St johnstone as well so i got my money back on Arbroath....

Also Aldershot gave me a nice few Quid so i did come out slightly on top......

Tonight I'm going to have a few quid Half time / Full time on Braintree at Lewis and Circle Brugge 90 Min's  in the Belgium League....

May have a small treble including Ayr

Mad i know Nico !!

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 23, 2011, 06:06:21 PM »

Your quite right i done my dosh on Arbroath, but i forgot to mention that i also had a few shekels on St johnstone as well so i got my money back on Arbroath....

lawl
ruholding

little grey cells

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 24, 2011, 12:56:53 PM »

Also Aldershot gave me a nice few Quid so i did come out slightly on top......

Tonight I'm going to have a few quid Half time / Full time on Braintree at Lewis and Circle Brugge 90 Min's  in the Belgium League....

May have a small treble including Ayr

Mad i know Nico !!

1 out of 3 aint bad!!!!!!!!!!

PS CHOMPY STILL 0 BRACELETS
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 27, 2011, 10:34:11 PM »

What's your line on this gibberish nonsense? Would you really bet on this stuff? I get these, & their like, daily, from upstairs.

Sawalha and Rippon favourites to be frozen out of Dancing On Ice

Dancing On Ice kicks off with a twist this year: two celebrities will be booted off before they even join the show proper and Sky Bet has opened betting on which duo will be dropped.

Half of this year’s crop of 16 celebrities will take to the ice on Sunday’s launch show and the three who receive least public votes will face the skate-off, with the two least popular celebrities hanging up their skates. The new-look judging panel of Emma Bunton, Jason Gardiner and Robin Cousins will have no say in who goes.

Sky Bet make actress Nadia Sawalha favourite to be axed at 11/10, with ex-newsreader Angela Rippon second favourite at 11/8.

War hero Johnson Beharry is next in the elimination betting at 5/2, together with TV presenter Jeff Brazier.

Former Coronation street actor Stephen Arnold is 3/1 to be axed, with US rapper Vanilla Ice a 7/2 shot.

Kerry Katona, who recently cracked two ribs in training, is a 5/1 outsider to be one of the two eliminees and is proving a popular bet to win Dancing On Ice at 10/1.

Nickelodeon presenter Laura Hamilton, who is 7/2 second favourite to win the show and described by Christopher Dean as a ‘speed demon’, is 7/2 to be knocked out.

Sky Bet’s Helen Jacob said: “With the public in control on Sunday, the best skaters and the biggest household names should benefit, while those who fall into neither camp are going to struggle to make the cut and we fear Nadia and Angela might be skating on thin ice.”

The remaining eight contestants will skate the following Sunday, when another two will leave the contest before the competition gets properly underway in week three.

Former EastEnders star Sam Attwater is Sky Bet’s early 9/4 favourite to win Dancing On Ice.

Dancing On Ice Week 1 double elimination
Nadia Sawalha 11/10, Angela Rippon 11/8,Jeff Brazier 5/2, Johnson Beharry 5/2, Stephen Arnold 3/1, Vanilla Ice 7/2, Laura Hamilton 7/2, Kerry Katona 5/1
Note: Which 2 celebs will come bottom of the public vote and be eliminated on Sunday?

Dancing On Ice Winner
Sam Attwater 9/4, Laura Hamilton 7/2, Jennifer Metcalfe, 6/1 Jeff Brazier 7/1, Kerry Katona 10/1, Johnson Beharry 16/1, Vanilla Ice 20/1, Chloe Madeley 20/1, Dave Vitty 20/1, Denise Welch 22/1, Elen Rives 22/1, Craig McLachlan 25/1, Steven Arnold 28/1, Nadia Sawalha 28/1,Angela Rippon 33/1, Dominic Cork 33/1.

I think betting on this kind of event is fine if you think you have/get an edge on the betting.

Last year Bobby1 posted pre start ;

"I know this is sad, but I have been told that Hayley Tammaden is training really well in the Dancing on Ice thing. Apparently she is a trained dancer too so might be worth a bet at around 11/2 or 6/1."

....and some of us had a nice touch. Smiley

Where has Bobby1 gone?

He hasn't posted since August.

Funnily enough I got a PM from Bobby1 just before Xmas advising me to take the 4/1 about Sam Attwater.

He kindly send me an email too. Fingers crossed again!

Second year running.

Thanks Bobby1 thumbs up
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: