blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 07:09:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
jezza777 and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 496266 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: February 19, 2013, 10:06:40 AM »

Lest we forget...

Before I start commenting on this thread, I'd like to let it be known that despite some sarcastic posts on their respective threads, I don't actually hate Leeds, Newcastle or Liverpool.

But I really, really, really hate Man United.

That makes sense, what a sad man. So filled with hate we have no idea if he actually loves anything or anyone..
hey that's a bit ott. Keith has his views and opinions that he is entitled to just as anyone. He at least deserves a great amount of respect for the decent chap and legend he is.

I agree Jase, and I have a lot of respect for Keith too. I posted the quote because it amused me and because it does give some sense of perspective to Keith's critique of the current United squad.

Probably a good thing that jackinbeat wasn't around to post on the early pages in this thread eh?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: February 19, 2013, 12:52:30 PM »

Lest we forget...

Before I start commenting on this thread, I'd like to let it be known that despite some sarcastic posts on their respective threads, I don't actually hate Leeds, Newcastle or Liverpool.

That makes sense, what a sad man. So filled with hate we have no idea if he actually loves anything or anyone..
hey that's a bit ott. Keith has his views and opinions that he is entitled to just as anyone. He at least deserves a great amount of respect for the decent chap and legend he is.

It was a comment in jest about his hate of United, that's all. WHy is it personal from me, but when other give it it's fine, confused.com

What do I get, no sleep at night.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: February 19, 2013, 01:01:27 PM »

Lest we forget...

It was a comment in jest about his hate of United, that's all. WHy is it personal from me, but when other give it it's fine, confused.com

Trouble is it didn't read at all like it was banter or 'in jest'.

It's been a struggle to get this thread onto a plane where we have reasoned debate about the qualities or otherwise of the team and the issues facing it. But generally it stays away from personal comments and vitriolic remarks and I accept my portion of blame for having reposted Keith's avowed dislike of our team but I trust that everyone appreciates that it was posted as a gentle dig and nothing more.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: February 19, 2013, 01:22:39 PM »

Lest we forget...

It's been a struggle to get this thread onto a plane where we have reasoned debate about the qualities or otherwise of the team and the issues facing it. But generally it stays away from personal comments and vitriolic remarks and I accept my portion of blame for having reposted Keith's avowed dislike of our team but I trust that everyone appreciates that it was posted as a gentle dig and nothing more.
i have the same problem sometimes. Been told to use smiles Smiley but most know I'm taking the pisd most of the time anyway

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: February 19, 2013, 06:48:24 PM »

Lest we forget...

Sigh.

I thought it was quite obvious that those comments were a joke.

From now on, I'll put a little smiley next to my jokes.

To make it clear, I don't hate any football team or football player.

Except Chelsea and John Terry.

Obviously.

Grin

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: February 19, 2013, 07:51:00 PM »

Lest we forget...

Sigh.

I thought it was quite obvious that those comments were a joke.

From now on, I'll put a little smiley next to my jokes.

To make it clear, I don't hate any football team or football player.

Except Chelsea and John Terry.

Obviously.

Grin

What do I get, no sleep at night.
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: February 21, 2013, 12:51:12 AM »

Quote from: The Camel on February 18, 2013, 09:57:50 PM
Prediction:
Welbeck, Young and Cleverley will have been sold by Man United before the start of 2014-15 season.
Simply not good enough to play for United.
RVP and Carrick are papering over an awful lot this season.

Bold prediction... i'd be highly surprised if any of them will be sold in the next 2-3 years! It goes against United's ethos of building around a base of young-mid 20's English players. Young has had injuries this season but when he plays regularly is productive - he scored 8 goals last season from the wing. I agree he's never going to be top level but would view him as a good-very good Premier League player. He can play on either wing/behind the striker and is ideal for squad rotation. Cleverley and Welbeck are already decent players with high potential. Again, they're not going to reach the level of a Scholes/Rooney but are ideal for squad rotation, won't kick up a fuss if they're benched for a few games, and can play in various positions. Part of the reason for United's consistency this year is that they have a lot of players of this type in the good-very good range who are rotated, keeping the squad fresh, who don't mind playing 25-30 games per season... maintaining squad harmony.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: March 05, 2013, 03:29:22 PM »

Viva ronaldo. Running down the wing hear united sing viva ronaldo!

Bricking myself for tonight should be a great game but I will enjoy 0 minutes of it while in the pub tonight. Will be far to nervous and united will never ever make things easy!

I hope ronaldo does not hurt u
My prediction 2-1 united Rvp ronaldo and then the little pea in the 5th minute of fergie time!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: March 05, 2013, 08:00:15 PM »

The squad we have now, i comparison to the squad in 99 does IMHO have a fair few simmilarities, both in the depth and the blend of youth and experience. Going to try and avaoid too many mentions of the Gazier scumbags, but it's clear we don't have the buying power to match what we could compared to other teams back in 99.

With regards to the youngsters (Cleverly, Wellback, Jones, Smalling, De Gea to name a few), they have amazing potential, and are already good enough to compete at the highest level in the UK, and developing beyond expectations. In Rafael we have one of the most exciting right backs in the world, Hernandez, clinical, and a real team player, Nick Powell another, and some real talent developing below them.

Anyone who dismisses what Rooney can do on a football pitch as anything but world class needs their head wobbling, and I could go on.

This squad has the potential to eclipse anything any other United squad has achieved, and that's all whilst we have to contine to fear how much money the Glaziers will continue to basically steal from our club.

Rooney is good but only on occasions I don't think he has ever had an amazing  season just good ones that's why I think he has never been world class

Just me
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: March 05, 2013, 08:58:36 PM »

Welbeck and Cleverley making light of Keith's assessment of their potential thus far tonight.

Rooney is good but only on occasions I don't think he has ever had an amazing  season just good ones that's why I think he has never been world class

rofl

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: March 05, 2013, 09:10:53 PM »

Joke decision

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: March 05, 2013, 09:20:36 PM »

Ref has ruined the most glamourous tie in England in years.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: March 05, 2013, 09:28:52 PM »

There's always one...
Dangerous foot but bananas decision. 35 minute sweat ahead...

Clearly has eyes only on the ball.

Ridic but pleasing decision

JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: March 05, 2013, 09:29:10 PM »

Ref has ruined the most glamourous tie in England in years.

Exactly this. Spoilt the tie of the decade
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: March 05, 2013, 09:33:06 PM »

Obv not rubbing it in but that is one of the worst decisions I've ever seen, so unfair. Such a shame, totally ruined what was setup to be a great game.

Edit : After watching it again twenty times guess it wasn't that bad but think it certainly wasn't a red.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:12:07 PM by mondatoo » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: