blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 03:11:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 496630 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2520 on: May 23, 2016, 09:18:38 PM »

I don't like Manchester United much, but I've always sneakingly admired them.

They've always played exciting attractive football, with players like Best, Cantona, Giggs, Scholes and Charlton.

They've always given young, homegrown players a chance to shine.

This will all stop now they've employed Jose.

I can stop admiring Man Utd now.

They've always played exciting attractive football, with players like Best, Cantona, Giggs, Scholes and Charlton.

I understand your sentiments entirely Mr Hawkins.

I have loved Manchester United since 1963 and so much that you have admired kept me attached even through the McGuiness, Sexton, Docherty, Atkinson years.
SAF had his faults, lots of them, but he held to the United philosophy, reshaped and improved it.

I can't say I'm happy that Mourinho is incoming, I'm very very definitely not excited about it. I fear for the future of Lingard and Rashford, of Foshu-Mensah, Borthwick-Jackson, Blackett, Riley, Keane, Weir, Perera, all no doubt to be seen in the teams of Watford, Antwerp, Hull, Middlesbrough and all points North, South East and West.
I fear for the style of play we lost a few seasons ago. Mourinho's coach won't get stuck in traffic, it will be parked across the edge of the area.
I fear for the finances of the club. We've effectively just burnt £250Mill and now we're set to burn the same again?
I may just start supporting Salford City, or FC United, or maybe Darlington.

I hope I'm wrong about this, I hope Mourinho is a changed man and is coming in to pick up where SAF left off. A class of 17 team that sweeps all before it.
I would be surprised shocked amazed if that happens.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: May 23, 2016, 09:25:22 PM »

Thought united weren't a sacking club? That's not the united way is it?

We've had three permanent managers in the last 30 years which is less than Watford have had this season, and less than Man City have had since the petro-dollars moved in, let alone the 17 that SAF saw off.

What's your point?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: May 23, 2016, 09:27:48 PM »

The reason Mourinho has been so successful is the players can relate to him,gone are the days a manager can rule with fear etc....
These players now are multi-millionaires with agents running their lives like a corporate business they don't want or have to be treated like children and Mourinho understands this he lives a similar lifestyle to these players ,likes nice things etc...

If Brian Clough walked in wearing a stained green sweatshirt and started ranting and sending them for runs through stinging nettles ,how long do you think it would take for the players to get rid of him
Time has moved on and Mourinho is the best manager for modern day football

Ps . Not a Man Utd fan
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: May 23, 2016, 09:28:33 PM »

Makes me laugh. Like he isn't going to play a young player if he isn't good enough.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: May 23, 2016, 09:31:07 PM »

Anything is a step up from LVG. We will play more attractive footie then the snoozefest we've had to endure this year

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: May 23, 2016, 09:32:29 PM »

Whatever happens you wouldn't see the shameful behaviour like the City fans walking out on Pello the last game of the season. It's ironic that United fans get tagged as plastic when you see the behaviour on the other side of the City

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: May 23, 2016, 09:33:46 PM »

Anything is a step up from LVG. We will play more attractive footie then the snoozefest we've had to endure this year

Yeah, Mourinho is renowned for his attractive attacking football.

Best Bitter.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: May 23, 2016, 09:35:49 PM »

Yeah, Mourinho is renowned for his attractive attacking football.

Didn't say that but we will have more of a cutting edge than under LVG

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: May 23, 2016, 09:39:34 PM »

When has Jose ever over achieved relative to the wage bill he has had at his disposal since Porto?  Obviously successful at winning trophies but i don't have him as this modern day manager genius so many do.
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: May 23, 2016, 09:41:39 PM »

He' s arguably the best manager in the world so him being at the biggest clubs with the biggest wage bills is hardly a surprise
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: May 23, 2016, 09:44:07 PM »

Whatever happens you wouldn't see the shameful behaviour like the City fans walking out on Pello the last game of the season. It's ironic that United fans get tagged as plastic when you see the behaviour on the other side of the City

lol there are plenty of things in football that are shameful. Some fans choosing not to hang around to send off a manager who divided opinion isn't one of them. We go to games, we pay the money and can decided accordingly (I stayed fwiw)

Enjoy 3 years under Jose, something tells me you won't. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Best Bitter.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: May 23, 2016, 09:44:40 PM »

When has Jose ever over achieved relative to the wage bill he has had at his disposal since Porto?  Obviously successful at winning trophies but i don't have him as this modern day manager genius so many do.

Think if anything United's tale shows how important the manager is. He has won trophies wherever he has gone and that includes Porto and Inter where he wasn't at super strong clubs.

Aside from selling KDB I can't remember him making a huge mistake in the transfer market either.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: May 23, 2016, 09:44:50 PM »

He' s arguably the best manager in the world so him being at the biggest clubs with the biggest wage bills is hardly a surprise

Why is he?  Expand please.  
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: May 23, 2016, 09:46:23 PM »

Think if anything United's tale shows how important the manager is. He has won trophies wherever he has gone and that includes Porto and Inter where he wasn't at super strong clubs.

Aside from selling KDB I can't remember him making a huge mistake in the transfer market either.

Romelu Lukaku?
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: May 23, 2016, 09:47:54 PM »

Lukaku isn't top grade or consistent enough. Agree partly tho because he would be ideal to deputise for Costa.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: