blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:34:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 487920 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: February 22, 2017, 10:01:30 AM »

off to china next week?

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: February 24, 2017, 01:36:22 PM »

Celta v Krasnodar
APOEL v Anderlecht
Schalke 04 v Borussia Monchengladbach
Lyon v Roma
Rostov v Man Utd
Olympiacos v Beşiktaş
Gent v Genk
Copenhagen v Ajax

As far as draws go that isn't the worst. Rostov are 7th in the Russian league, although they did beat Bayern earlier on in the season. 2 of Lyon, Roma, Schalke and Gladbach are going to be out by the semi's and at least one of the Belgian clubs (maybe 2) are going to be left in. Trip to Russia 4 days before we play Chelsea isn't ideal, but FA Cup is prob bottom of priorities list this season anyway.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: February 24, 2017, 02:36:48 PM »

Celta v Krasnodar
APOEL v Anderlecht
Schalke 04 v Borussia Monchengladbach
Lyon v Roma
Rostov v Man Utd
Olympiacos v Beşiktaş
Gent v Genk
Copenhagen v Ajax

As far as draws go that isn't the worst. Rostov are 7th in the Russian league, although they did beat Bayern earlier on in the season. 2 of Lyon, Roma, Schalke and Gladbach are going to be out by the semi's and at least one of the Belgian clubs (maybe 2) are going to be left in. Trip to Russia 4 days before we play Chelsea isn't ideal, but FA Cup is prob bottom of priorities list this season anyway.

Lyon Roma looks a cracking tie
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: February 27, 2017, 12:24:48 AM »

Great game of football today. Credit to Southampton, both on and off the pitch. Their fans were amazing and pretty much out sung us the entire match. In the game you could tell they'd had 2 weeks to prepare, we looked knackered and Redmond/Bertrand got in behind so many times. Set pieces we were awful from again, Pogba in particular, the mans an absolute unit but horrendous in the air. Got caught under the ball for Gabbiadini's goal and out muscled when Romeu hit the post. We looked really shaky at the back all game, similar to the first 20 mins vs St Etienne. I think this time it was due to how dangerous Southampton were going forward.
Was nice to see Ibrahimovic actually clear the wall for the opener, which will have him on free kicks for the rest of the season now. Which is a shame because 10 minutes later he was back to his old self smashing it into the wall again. 2nd goal was really poor from Southampton, you can't give anyone that much space and time to take a touch, turn and shoot in the box, even if it was only Lingard. They thoroughly deserved to be level at half time, ridic decision for the disallowed goal. Totally changes the game if they go 1-0 up, chasing a game with the fitness levels we could get caught out on the break so easily.
Gabbiadini looks a handful, great finish for his 2nd goal, and great movement for the 1st and disallowed goal. Surprised they took him off with 15? mins left.
I'd like to say I fell for Southampton, and I do to a certain extent, but the winning goal you can't really defend on any level. 3 mins left in a cup final, they've left a 2v2 break on, Zlatan's slowed the play down to let everyone get back, then strolled into the area and had a free header from 6 yards. Crazy from their point of view, especially seen as they had the fitness levels to really punish us in extra time.
First trophy under Jose is good to get out of the way, got a nice full week off before Bournemouth at home, hope some players get a rest as we've then got to go to Russia, back to Chelsea away and 2nd leg vs Rostov in the space of a week. The game looked like it took a lot out of a few players today. This next week or so will really show if we've got the depth to compete in all competitions.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: February 27, 2017, 10:50:26 AM »

the Zlatan final?

the ultimate club big game player?

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: March 02, 2017, 11:03:59 AM »

want to feel old?

Ryan Giggs made his debut for MUFC 26 years ago today....

My eyes are open wide
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: March 04, 2017, 03:53:53 PM »

Forever

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: March 05, 2017, 12:32:40 PM »

do you think Zlatan will or should get a retrospective ban?

the Mings stamp is an open and shut one.

My eyes are open wide
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2813 on: March 05, 2017, 01:28:25 PM »

Zlatan offence more clear cut , 3 games imo

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: March 05, 2017, 01:44:37 PM »

Zlatan offence more clear cut , 3 games imo

Agreed about Zlatan.

I'm not sure what the punishment should be for stamping on someone's ponytail.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: March 05, 2017, 01:53:13 PM »

Anyone remember when football was a man's game and stuff like this used to happen every week and it wasn't even considered news?
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2816 on: March 05, 2017, 02:41:53 PM »

do you think Zlatan will or should get a retrospective ban?

the Mings stamp is an open and shut one.

At full speed the Mings one is very difficult to prove intent, even in slow mo, you could argue that he was just trying to get back into position. I'm not sure how they will be able to assertion his intentions. For the record I think he could of missed the head but chose to leave a bit there. Everything always looks worse in slow mo. Obviously Rooney will be the judge on it seeing as he definitely saw it in real time (despite facing the opposite direction)

The elbow really doesn't look good and will probably end with a 3 game ban. As said it's much easier to see intent there

Quite liked both of their responses in post match neither of them really cared and just said what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch.

Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: March 05, 2017, 03:06:06 PM »

Think the retrospective ban all depends on what the ref, Zlatan and Rooney were talking about after the incident, if ref was aware of the elbow and decided a talking to was good enough, then they can't ban him can they?

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: March 05, 2017, 03:13:41 PM »

Think the retrospective ban all depends on what the ref, Zlatan and Rooney were talking about after the incident, if ref was aware of the elbow and decided a talking to was good enough, then they can't ban him can they?

that is correct

if the referee says he has seen the incidents, end of case

if he has seen them and done nothing, he'll be a laughing stock and due a spell out of the PL (see Mike Dean) .

i expect he'll say unsighted on both and the FA will swing into action

My eyes are open wide
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: March 05, 2017, 11:10:25 PM »

Clearly the Zlatan elbow is pre-meditated and he should have gone. The long chat with Rooney and Ibra was intriguing - it did look as though Friend was taking him to one side before sending him off and I was very surprised when he didn't.

I'd think  that the most likely outcome is the ref didn't see it "fully" and he gets his 3 match ban. It is win win for me - clearly he should get his 3  match ban but the outrage will be fun if he gets away with it based on Friend's report.

As well as "not seeing" the elbow,  Friend might  add the off the ball incident when Ibra thew Mings to the ground. Was that a red card offence in its own right?

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: