blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:03:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 489132 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3075 on: October 06, 2018, 07:34:00 PM »

How do you do it?

Cheesy

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: October 06, 2018, 07:37:47 PM »

Reverse bokking ITT!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: October 06, 2018, 07:50:53 PM »

Marky knows.

Most enjoyable Man U game all season for me, great fun.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: October 07, 2018, 03:06:47 AM »

I would buy heavily at £15m what he will walk off with when he gets the tin tack.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/revealed-huge-sum-sacking-jose-13376032
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: October 21, 2018, 10:41:43 AM »

I wonder how both fans and especially sports journalists feel regarding the current crown prince of Saudi Arabia buying the club?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: October 21, 2018, 05:26:42 PM »

I wonder how both fans and especially sports journalists feel regarding the current crown prince of Saudi Arabia buying the club?

over a billion pound was taken of the club by the leeches Glazers

A  billion ffs.

Imagine how much could sir Alex invested if he had that money, we could have been with 5 or 6 extra champions league with this money.

I hate them so much and I wish the saudis take over the club and kick those bastards away

Well, that is one view expressed on a leading United forum. It is a minority view though.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: October 21, 2018, 11:43:11 PM »

A  billion ffs.

Imagine how much could sir Alex invested if he had that money, we could have been with 5 or 6 extra champions league with this money.

I hate them so much and I wish the saudis take over the club and kick those bastards away

Well, that is one view expressed on a leading United forum. It is a minority view though.

Steady on feller. The UAE doesn’t have a squeaky clean image regarding Human Rights. I don’t recall any principled protest against your current owners when they started pouring the money in.

I would hope that the Saudis are told to do one if they come knocking.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2018/country-chapters/united-arab-emirates

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: October 22, 2018, 12:32:09 AM »

A  billion ffs.

Steady on feller. The UAE doesn’t have a squeaky clean image regarding Human Rights. I don’t recall any principled protest against your current owners when they started pouring the money in.

That's an opinion taken from a united forum, not Archer's opinion.

This is my opinion; I couldn't care less who owns them. They are so far beneath us now that no amount of money or investment will bridge the gap as it stands. Not a single united player would get near our best XI. And hardly any would make the squad. DDG would make a reasonable back up keeper and thats about it.

Not in my lifetime  Cheesy

Best Bitter.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: October 22, 2018, 07:15:16 AM »

A  billion ffs.

This is my opinion; I couldn't care less who owns them. They are so far beneath us now that no amount of money or investment will bridge the gap as it stands. Not a single united player would get near our best XI. And hardly any would make the squad. DDG would make a reasonable back up keeper and thats about it.

Irrespective of where the line came from, Archer chose to post it here.

You may well be right about the quality of the two squads. But then you’ve had all the dirty money pouring in, whilst we’ve been funding the Glazers. Say what you like about MUFC but the money we spend has all derived from our efforts, backed by our history and worldwide reputation. Liverpool have done pretty well on a similar basis, as have Arsenal and Tottenham.

Back to the actual football. We did pretty well on Saturday and it was good to see that when the shackles are off we can be an attacking force to be reckoned with.

Looking forward to Tuesday evening with great apprehension.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: October 22, 2018, 05:29:55 PM »

A  billion ffs.

I was quoting an extreme anti-Glazer view but pro-Saudi from a United forum in response to Ralph wondering how United fans felt. I also made the point it was a minority view.

So I'm not sure how you have jumped to UAE Human Rights but you are right there was no principled protest against our owners. Likewise, when Liverpool were close to a deal with  Dubai International Capital  there was no protest. In fact the banners in the ground were protesting against H&G and wanting DIC.  Also, I don't recall protest from United fans when the Qatar royal family were rumoured to be on the brink of a takeover  a few years ago.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: October 22, 2018, 05:36:40 PM »

A  billion ffs.

You may well be right about the quality of the two squads. But then you’ve had all the dirty money pouring in, whilst we’ve been funding the Glazers. Say what you like about MUFC but the money we spend has all derived from our efforts, backed by our history and worldwide reputation. Liverpool have done pretty well on a similar basis, as have Arsenal and Tottenham.

Back to the actual football. We did pretty well on Saturday and it was good to see that when the shackles are off we can be an attacking force to be reckoned with.

Dirty money? What makes it dirty?
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: October 22, 2018, 06:09:59 PM »

A  billion ffs.

I thought we’d established that control of the sovereign wealth of the UAE is in the hands of people whose approach to human rights is about as rigorous as my approach to removing fat from my bacon butty.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: October 22, 2018, 06:11:35 PM »

A  billion ffs.

I remember when we used to get called bitter.

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: October 22, 2018, 10:51:31 PM »

A  billion ffs.

I thought we’d established that control of the sovereign wealth of the UAE is in the hands of people whose approach to human rights is about as rigorous as my approach to removing fat from my bacon butty.

Ah, you associate human rights issues with dirty money. I didn't realise there was a correlation. I associate dirty money with corruption, crime, money laundering, criminal gangs, drugs etc etc...rather than money earned from natural resources and investment of the proceeds.

By the way, City aren't owned by a SWF.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: October 23, 2018, 07:16:51 AM »

A  billion ffs.

Ah, you associate human rights issues with dirty money. I didn't realise there was a correlation. I associate dirty money with corruption, crime, money laundering, criminal gangs, drugs etc etc...rather than money earned from natural resources and investment of the proceeds.

By the way, City aren't owned by a SWF.

We could debate this for months but that would get really dull, really fast. I note that the ownership is in the sole hands of one man whose wealth derives from his position within the controlling family.

I’ll avoid further criticism since it seems to be bad for your health

Should probably have this conversation over at yours, but what are your expectations this season?

Champions - obviously
Champions League - Win? Would beaten finalist be good? Semi?
Othker cups?

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: