blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:23:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272606 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 489829 times)
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #3195 on: December 19, 2018, 10:06:56 AM »

Mourinho is a master of negotiating a pay out clause in his contract then cleverly engineering the club to sack him.

It has happened too many times to be a coincidence.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: December 19, 2018, 10:12:07 AM »

Mourinho is a master of negotiating a pay out clause in his contract then cleverly engineering the club to sack him.

Oh come on. You can see from his reaction, as he left Manchester yesterday after being dismissed, how desperately sad he was. 

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: December 19, 2018, 10:16:55 AM »

Oh come on. You can see from his reaction, as he left Manchester yesterday after being dismissed, how desperately sad he was. 

Mark Hughes and Alan Pardew must be masters of this game.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: December 19, 2018, 10:48:52 AM »

The last ten years have been like the early days of Timeshare for mediocre Managers.

The money just keeps rolling and and people just keep falling for it!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: December 19, 2018, 10:54:44 AM »

Mark Hughes and Alan Pardew must be masters of this game.

These other managers got the sack for poor results.  Mourinho's actions, behaviour, interviews, etc. sent a clear message to the club to sack him.

Although I do find it difficult to understand why managers who have been sacked for failure are given the chance again and again and again.
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: December 19, 2018, 11:19:38 AM »

Are United fans happy with Solskjaer?

From an outsiders view point, it just looks bizarre. Ignoring the fact he is a legend, he does't really have any pedigree as a manager at all. I don't really understand it. Just writing off this season to allow the time to get the right guy in the Summer I guess. Why not just go all out for the right person now?

Why do you need 6 months to appoint a new manager?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: December 19, 2018, 11:44:26 AM »

From an outsiders view point, it just looks bizarre. Ignoring the fact he is a legend, he does't really have any pedigree as a manager at all. I don't really understand it. Just writing off this season to allow the time to get the right guy in the Summer I guess. Why not just go all out for the right person now?

Not a united fan, but he has had success with Molde in Norway.  He has had 10 years coaching and managing experience.  I get that he hasn't managed in a top league, but people talk of him like he has never managed.   

I guess they have an unannounced deal with someone, but he can't join for 6 months because of his contract or some agreement he has come to with his current club.   I don't think Manchester United are incompetent enough to just do a temp appointment for no good reason.

Given their current position, they may as well take a chance on potential rather than take someone who clearly is never going to be top class?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: December 19, 2018, 11:56:10 AM »

Managing Molde to a degree of success is hardly managing on anywhere near the scale required. Its the equivalent of not having managed in my books.

I have Captained the First Team for my Golf Club, but doesn't mean I should Captain the Ryder Cup Team....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: December 19, 2018, 12:03:49 PM »

Not a united fan, but he has had success with Molde in Norway.  He has had 10 years coaching and managing experience.  I get that he hasn't managed in a top league, but people talk of him like he has never managed.   

I guess they have an unannounced deal with someone, but he can't join for 6 months because of his contract or some agreement he has come to with his current club.   I don't think Manchester United are incompetent enough to just do a temp appointment for no good reason.

Given their current position, they may as well take a chance on potential rather than take someone who clearly is never going to be top class?

United are the richest club in the world. This is the equivalent of Tesco naming Jim who runs the cornershop as their interim CEO.

I am sure he knows his stuff but, come on, it's United. I assume they want to go all out for Poch but have no chance mid season.

I suppose whether United finish 6th or 10th doesn't make a huge deal of difference this season either so no real risk attached. I dunno, just seems weird to me. If he hadn't played for United previously, this would obv never happen and not sure why him being a club legend is relevant other than making fans smile and feel nostalgic.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: December 19, 2018, 12:20:56 PM »

He had a dreadful stint at Cardiff.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: December 19, 2018, 01:28:04 PM »

He knows the club

I have no idea what that means this rubbish that Man United is so different to anything else in football is just that

he must be pinching himself today his cv would not get him a job at the top end of the championship
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: December 19, 2018, 06:03:21 PM »

He knows the club

I have no idea what that means this rubbish that Man United is so different to anything else in football is just that

he must be pinching himself today his cv would not get him a job at the top end of the championship

The Manchester United 'way' innit.

They play nice football, they don't sack managers, they have a million youth players coming through the ranks etc

All clubs are envious of the well oiled Salford machine.

Best Bitter.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: December 19, 2018, 07:47:15 PM »

He knows the club

The Manchester United 'way' innit.

They play nice football, they don't sack managers, they have a million youth players coming through the ranks etc

All clubs are envious of the well oiled Salford machine.

Many clubs are envious of our history.

The Busby Babes
The first English club to win the European Cup
12 FA Cup wins
20 Top flight league wins
One of only two teams to have done the league and FA Cup double more than once. Three, the same number as Arsenal. It’s only been done 11 times in all.
The only English Club to do the treble

A lot of clubs, including one that plys it’s trade in close proximity to us are envious of our history.

Our youth programme produced the class of ‘92 - a group of players that made Alan Hansen eat his words.
Our current squad includes two England players who have come through outr academy, and produced more EPL players last season than any other.
https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/the-20-man-utd-academy-graduates-to-appear-in-the-premier-league-last-season/

Nobody envies us our present predicament, and it suits fans of other, lesser clubs, to pretend that we are now in terminal decline. We’re not in good shape, but if it takes money to get us back on track then we’ll generate that money ourselves by utilising the goodwill and support that that history has built.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: December 19, 2018, 08:18:03 PM »

Nibble nibble.

You only said 'history' 3 times in that post.

''Just like the Scousers, you live in the past''

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: December 19, 2018, 09:31:18 PM »

Must be nice to know a few more years like this and you will lose all the plastics you have built up over the past 20 years?
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: