blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:39:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484758 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3510 on: September 19, 2021, 09:11:50 PM »

He's not a '36yo', though. He's an absolute freak of nature.

Didn't they run physicals on him and he was actually in the condition of someone in their 20s?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: September 20, 2021, 08:35:21 AM »

Didn't they run physicals on him and he was actually in the condition of someone in their 20s?

Bit like Tom Brady then - except Tom Brady is (I think) 44.

Brady is a slam-dunk to throw more touchdown passes in his forties than he did in his twenties.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: September 20, 2021, 02:56:50 PM »

Didn’t I already say that?

seems to have been a decent return to Old Trafford for the boy Ronaldo.
One swallow doesn’t make a summer, and all that but it’s time to start feeling extra positive I think.

I must confess to being somewhat sceptical(grumpy old buggers usually are) re. the number of games a 36-y-o is capable of playing in this league.

There's no doubting the guy's amazing hunger and desire to score goals though and if he does somehow stay fit enough you may have a bargain..

He is an animal in terms of fitness Ralph. Probably fitter than most of the twenty somethings in the PL.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: September 20, 2021, 03:03:24 PM »

Not exactly, but if you want to play chief pedant, crack on Cheesy

You said he is probably fitter than most of the twenty somethings in the PL.

I was referring to a show/article where they actually ran a battery of tests.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: September 20, 2021, 03:04:03 PM »

Bit like Tom Brady then - except Tom Brady is (I think) 44.

Brady is a slam-dunk to throw more touchdown passes in his forties than he did in his twenties.

Some boy, Thomas.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: September 20, 2021, 04:48:33 PM »

Was when he signed for Juve.

I think it was Arb that posted the article about it, back when they did the tests.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: September 20, 2021, 05:22:42 PM »

ESPN sports science lab team did an article saying he had 40 inch vertical leap which is top end nba standard.   That's what made me read the article years ago.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: September 20, 2021, 05:32:30 PM »

ESPN sports science lab team did an article saying he had 40 inch vertical leap which is top end nba standard.   That's what made me read the article years ago.

Crazy, isn't it!

Soccer's version of Lebron.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: September 20, 2021, 05:42:50 PM »

Yes comparing him to Brady is silly because TB doesn't remotely operate and stll exist on athletic talent albeit he is super strict diet/regime wise he isn't remotely physically gifted.  Ronaldo is easily the most naturally gifted/artificially enhanced through 20 years of commitment to excellence football has ever seen.   Pointless compared him to any past footballer aging wise as there is no one remotely like him.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: September 20, 2021, 06:13:08 PM »

Yes comparing him to Brady is silly because TB doesn't remotely operate and stll exist on athletic talent albeit he is super strict diet/regime wise he isn't remotely physically gifted.  Ronaldo is easily the most naturally gifted/artificially enhanced through 20 years of commitment to excellence football has ever seen.   Pointless compared him to any past footballer aging wise as there is no one remotely like him.

Be interesting to see just how long he lasts at the top level.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: September 20, 2021, 06:16:17 PM »

I agree. The legs usually just "go" at some stage however fit a player is - usually on a cold Tuesday night in Stoke..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: September 20, 2021, 06:22:01 PM »

I agree. The legs usually just "go" at some stage however fit a player is - usually on a cold Tuesday night in Stoke..

He won't have to worry about any of those for a few years, unless it's a midweek cup game Grin

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: October 26, 2021, 03:45:43 PM »

Oh dear....

Next up Spurs (a) and City (h).

I'll be staggered if he doesn't revert to a low block, counter attacking plan against City...
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: October 27, 2021, 11:09:08 PM »

Oh dear....

I'll be staggered if he doesn't revert to a low block, counter attacking plan against City...

You forgot Atalanta (a).  Smiley

I’m not sure we have the personnel to play that system effectively…

I’m holding faith in OGS, but it starts to feel more difficult. The sad truth is that while we were out chasing Sancho, we forgot to look for a proper DM. Varane may or may not be the CD we need alongside Maguire, but Lindelof and Bailey definitely aren’t.
I yearn for a return of Vidic. Tbh, he’d probably improve our defence even now.

Oh, and I wouldn’t shed a tear if Pogba never played for us again.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Pokitren
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: October 29, 2021, 10:14:39 AM »

Oh dear....

You forgot Atalanta (a).  Smiley

I’m not sure we have the personnel to play that system effectively…

I’m holding faith in OGS, but it starts to feel more difficult. The sad truth is that while we were out chasing Sancho, we forgot to look for a proper DM. Varane may or may not be the CD we need alongside Maguire, but Lindelof and Bailey definitely aren’t.
I yearn for a return of Vidic. Tbh, he’d probably improve our defence even now.

Oh, and I wouldn’t shed a tear if Pogba never played for us again.

Do you think that Pogba is no longer the same and his time has passed?
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: