blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:53:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484829 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 24, 2011, 09:29:52 AM »

The conveyor belt keeps turning...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13513703.stm

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Rod

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 24, 2011, 09:50:38 AM »

Question for United fans. Sorry if it has already been asked but I was having a argument with some Utd fans about it last night.

What do you think will happen when Ferguson retires. There does not seem to be a plan for somebody to take over. Should he be training somebody (Giggs?) for the job over the next few years or would you rather see Mourinho or somebody similar brought in.

Manchester United have only really been successful under Ferguson, but he has had to rebuild the team a few times and stay ahead of the game and the effect he has on the club is pretty clear. Before him they were really just another upper mid table side, although a well supported one. More than two thirds of their titles have been won with him as manager. Do you believe that it can continue without him or will the team slip back below the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool, who have both traditionally been more successful.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 24, 2011, 10:57:45 AM »

Manchester United have only really been successful under Ferguson,

If your view of history starts in 1970

But three league titles in the 50's, which would almost certainly have been more bar the events of 6 February 1958,
Two titles in the 60's

oh and the first English Club to win the European Cup which was in 1968,

We've been more successful under SAF, but 'only really successful' under him?

As for the future - speculation abounds, but at a personal level I'd rather see a Brit than a foreigner, rather see someone with United connections than someone without, and definitely not Mourinho.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 24, 2011, 01:28:27 PM »

But three league titles in the 50's, which would almost certainly have been more bar the events of 6 February 1958,
Two titles in the 60's

As for the future - speculation abounds, but at a personal level I'd rather see a Brit than a foreigner, rather see someone with United connections than someone without, and definitely not Mourinho.

I agreed with everything right up till Mourinho!

You cannot deny him his record. He is an amazing man manager and has the personailty to handle a  job like manager at OT. The only reason he hasnt scooped everything in spain is that he faces the worlds best team, but give him a few years in the job he will get there.

You just cant knock Jose - the an is too good!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 24, 2011, 01:41:25 PM »

Two titles in the 60's

I agreed with everything right up till Mourinho!

You cannot deny him his record. He is an amazing man manager and has the personailty to handle a  job like manager at OT. The only reason he hasnt scooped everything in spain is that he faces the worlds best team, but give him a few years in the job he will get there.

You just cant knock Jose - the an is too good!
jose has nothing to gain at utd. if he wins everything people would just say that is off saf's years of hard work building the foundations. jose needs to go to liverpool,arsenal,city or chelsea who are also ran no hopers where his influence will be recognised

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 24, 2011, 04:11:55 PM »

I was a fan of Mourinho during the better part of his tenure at Chelsea - not keen on the style of football he had them playing, but he brought something to the English game with his personality.

However, in the later days at Chelsea and subsequently he doesn't seem to me to be of the right 'stuff' for us.

SAF plays mindgames, but Mourinho goes too far, and seems to be losing the plot - the fuss around the game against Barca is a case in point

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/apr/28/jose-mourinho-real-madrid-barcelona

Not Officer Material

On a more pressing issue, the news that Giggs hasn't trained today is a real concern. All this bolox about super-injunctions and welsh tarts can't help his mental state.

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 24, 2011, 06:26:50 PM »

Good last post. I just don't think UTD fans could accept his style of football and unlike at Chelsea, at UTD no one is bigger than the club.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 24, 2011, 07:21:08 PM »

I'm one of the few people that don't support Man U but likes Neville so will watch the testimonial tonight.
Also nice to see Beckham wearing 7.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 26, 2011, 11:02:19 AM »

Happy Anniversary everyone

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 29, 2011, 12:51:55 PM »

So wasn't to be. To be fair I don't think any team in the world, including international teams, would be able to cope with the passing/movement of Barca. Simply unplayable. We could have turned it into a dirtier affair but that would mean getting near them. I know people were purring about Messi but for man of the match was Xavi. Incred.

All in all though, considering the team, we have had a great season. Now we need to spend to rebuild. Berba out. Need a striker imo and a couple of centre mids and obv a keeper. Ashley Young would be a decent signing imo. Wouldn't mind seeing Modric at United either. Whatever happens should be an interesting summer for a lot of clubs- Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and Spurs will all be spending I imagine. Will we get 20 next year? Will be a lot tougher than this year methinks.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 29, 2011, 05:17:55 PM »

Would have been nice to sub Michael Carrick after 20 mins and bring on Roy Keane. Unfortunately that wasn't one of Fergie's options.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 29, 2011, 05:52:02 PM »

Would have been nice to sub Michael Carrick after 20 mins and bring on Bobby Charlton. Unfortunately that wasn't one of Fergie's options.

fyp

epljay
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 30, 2011, 01:31:53 AM »

Crazy game. I expected Barcelona to have the edge obviously but to dominate like they did was incredible. It's a shame for Man U..

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 30, 2011, 01:49:01 AM »

Question for United fans. Sorry if it has already been asked but I was having a argument with some Utd fans about it last night.

What do you think will happen when Ferguson retires. There does not seem to be a plan for somebody to take over. Should he be training somebody (Giggs?) for the job over the next few years or would you rather see Mourinho or somebody similar brought in.

Manchester United have only really been successful under Ferguson, but he has had to rebuild the team a few times and stay ahead of the game and the effect he has on the club is pretty clear. Before him they were really just another upper mid table side, although a well supported one. More than two thirds of their titles have been won with him as manager. Do you believe that it can continue without him or will the team slip back below the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool, who have both traditionally been more successful.

ON 606 this evening a United fan called in and suggested that MU needed Fergie to step aside to let someone else take over and, I kid you not, "take them to the next level".  I am pretty sure the next manager in charge will take them to the next level alright....but I doubt it will be a higher level!!!!

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 30, 2011, 05:01:42 AM »

LOL some people are idiots
ON 606 this evening a United fan called in and suggested that MU needed Fergie to step aside to let someone else take over and, I kid you not, "take them to the next level".  I am pretty sure the next manager in charge will take them to the next level alright....but I doubt it will be a higher level!!!!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: