blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:37:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 489231 times)
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: August 26, 2016, 02:09:22 PM »

Pretty much the worst group we could have got. Trips to Turkey and Ukraine are not ideal.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: August 27, 2016, 08:37:54 PM »

stat alert

Marcus Rashford is the first teenager to score a Premier League goal under a side managed by Jose Mourinho.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: August 27, 2016, 08:52:04 PM »

Rooney shouldn't be playing
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: August 27, 2016, 09:18:58 PM »

Rooney shouldn't be playing

Didn't he set the winner up!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: September 13, 2016, 06:00:05 AM »

Pogba potentially cost United the season this year? Does he have to be left out the big games? They are big 6 pointer games.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: September 13, 2016, 09:15:22 PM »

I think he will find how he needs to play.

City are the best team in the league at the moment with in my opinion united second.

On Saturday we saw to master tacticians go head to head.

Pep won the 1st half and Jose admitted that.

United got lucky because of possibly the worst keeper ive ever seen after Massimo Taibi, if Ibra had taken his time with the second chance and United had gone in 2-2 I think we may have won 4-2/4-3 in the second half. If Taibi take 2 had not had a howler City may have marched on 3-0/4-0 or even more winners.

Once United put the keeper under pressure i was amazed to see no Plan B from Pep. Bravo kept United in the game back making poor decision after poor decision and having worse long ball distribution that Hart, and that's saying something! I think i counted a spell of 5 possessions for Bravo where he had no short ball on, he went long and hit it straight to a Man U player. Seems mental to me to have no plan B, also United didnt really have blistering pace and "work horse" like attitude upfront. Against teams with a bit of pace in the front 3 the pass it from the back tactic if Bravo does not improve is going to get ripped to shreds.

The reason why City dominated the first 40 minutes is United had no clue what to do with it, Ibra is not going to chase down, United didnt know whether to push on and press or sit and got caught in a middle ground where it looked like City had two extra men every time they had the ball.

Rooney is still in the balance for me, he is making more and more mistakes but really does still work so hard, chasing down balls, making big tackles, being a leader and distributing the ball well. Its just a shame that more and more often now he gives it away with sloppy first touches or bad short passing.

What i didnt get was the last 10 minutes, United put on Rashford, he ran at City and they started making mistakes and we had chance after chance around the box where we made nothing off it.

Then for some bizarre reason we just started punting it into Fellani and Ibra, where they would win the first ball and nobody would be expecting the knock down, WHY!? Give the ball to Rashford.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: September 13, 2016, 11:43:07 PM »

I think he will find how he needs to play.

City are the best team in the league at the moment with in my opinion united second.

On Saturday we saw to master tacticians go head to head.

Pep won the 1st half and Jose admitted that.

United got lucky because of possibly the worst keeper ive ever seen after Massimo Taibi, if Ibra had taken his time with the second chance and United had gone in 2-2 I think we may have won 4-2/4-3 in the second half. If Taibi take 2 had not had a howler City may have marched on 3-0/4-0 or even more winners.

Once United put the keeper under pressure i was amazed to see no Plan B from Pep. Bravo kept United in the game back making poor decision after poor decision and having worse long ball distribution that Hart, and that's saying something! I think i counted a spell of 5 possessions for Bravo where he had no short ball on, he went long and hit it straight to a Man U player. Seems mental to me to have no plan B, also United didnt really have blistering pace and "work horse" like attitude upfront. Against teams with a bit of pace in the front 3 the pass it from the back tactic if Bravo does not improve is going to get ripped to shreds.

The reason why City dominated the first 40 minutes is United had no clue what to do with it, Ibra is not going to chase down, United didnt know whether to push on and press or sit and got caught in a middle ground where it looked like City had two extra men every time they had the ball.

Rooney is still in the balance for me, he is making more and more mistakes but really does still work so hard, chasing down balls, making big tackles, being a leader and distributing the ball well. Its just a shame that more and more often now he gives it away with sloppy first touches or bad short passing.

What i didnt get was the last 10 minutes, United put on Rashford, he ran at City and they started making mistakes and we had chance after chance around the box where we made nothing off it.

Then for some bizarre reason we just started punting it into Fellani and Ibra, where they would win the first ball and nobody would be expecting the knock down, WHY!? Give the ball to Rashford.

Last 10 minutes? You started punting it to elbows and Ibra from 60 mins onwards. Laughably one dimensional and despite Bravo's high profile errors he actually had fuck all to do all game, not a single save of any note to make for 90 minutes.

If people are gonna judge Bravo, the No1 for Barca for the last 2 seasons, on his debut then so be it, but methinks you'll end up with egg on your face. If the best manager in the world wants you in goal, then I think its safe to say said keeper is more than good enough.

Maureen is a great manager but he isn't a ''master tactician'' IMO. He is still a million miles away from Pep. How Maureen gets the best out of Pogba is gonna be interesting. If he continues to suffocate him in midfield then its 90m down the shitter. How Rashford doesn't start is beyond me, way way more effective than Rooney and surely anyone with eyes can see that (I could even see it with my blinkers on).

Think you'll scrape top 4 this season.

Best Bitter.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: September 14, 2016, 12:04:12 AM »

What's you basing mourinho not being a master tactician on
To do what he did with Porto, inter
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: September 14, 2016, 12:12:08 AM »

I don't think he has the tactical nous of the elite. Very good manager granted, but sometimes/often caught short. Maybe doesn't have the balls of the best managers in the world, perhaps a better way to phrase it.

No way Pep would resort to long balls to 6''4 players with 30 mins to go if things weren't going his way Wink

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: September 14, 2016, 12:19:29 AM »

Probably based on the fact that he's manager of United, and not City Cheesy

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: September 14, 2016, 03:23:43 AM »

Ridiculously biased views on here surprise surprise.

Pep and Jose are both excellent at what they do. Both elite managers along with Conte and Klopp. It's clear however that Pep has Joses number when u look at their h2h record.

I've said all along City would win it purely on the basis they have Pep. I also remember most people, including myself saying De Gea would not be able to cope with demands of premiership. You can't judge Bravo on one performance. His confidence to play the ball didn't wane either.

United were very lucky. Ibra's goal made a game of it otherwise we might have been well beaten.

Fernandinho put in the type of performance we need from Pogba. KDB again looked unstoppable perhaps Joses biggest mistake selling him at Chelsea. Sane also looked very good.

Positives for United were Bailly who I thought altho was lost along with rest of team at times looks v good at a bargain at 30m. Fellani played well too considering he was stranded and ofc Rashford. I know there's a lot of Rooney hate but he actually played ok. Just have to accept his role is different.

Think city will win the league with United and Chelsea battling for 2nd and 3rd. Liverpool might pip 4th but in all honesty we all know it'll be Arsenal.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: September 14, 2016, 10:50:11 AM »

lol so its ''ridiculously biased'' to not consider Jose a master tactician? I've never thought of him as that. Great manager, excellent track record everywhere he's been but certainly lacks the tactical nous to ever be thought of as master tactician in my ridiculously biased opinion. And if he is a master tactician, then he hid these master tactics pretty damn well on Saturday Wink

I'm sure all united fans, many of whom were chanting 'fuck off Mourinho' from the stands for the last decade, haven't suddenly changed their opinion on him now that he's their manager, cos that would be ridiculously biased, no?

Lets see what Maureen can get out of Pogba. A player to build a team around, or a player to shoehorn into an XI? Went missing on Saturday but I think that's more down to Maureens master selection and tactics than anything else. Would be a shame to waste a world class talent.

I think you'll make top 4 though, maybe.

Best Bitter.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: September 14, 2016, 11:32:54 AM »

City were a team..and they had tactics.

United put a bunch of individuals on the pitch with no obvious game plan..Some of them are talented. That's what Mourinho does. Don't think the siege mentality bollo and going around saying how great you are as a manager has much currency these days.

Pep pep all the way.

sola virtus nobilitat
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: September 14, 2016, 11:46:51 AM »

lol so its ''ridiculously biased'' to not consider Jose a master tactician? I've never thought of him as that. Great manager, excellent track record everywhere he's been but certainly lacks the tactical nous to ever be thought of as master tactician in my ridiculously biased opinion. And if he is a master tactician, then he hid these master tactics pretty damn well on Saturday Wink

I'm sure all united fans, many of whom were chanting 'fuck off Mourinho' from the stands for the last decade, haven't suddenly changed their opinion on him now that he's their manager, cos that would be ridiculously biased, no?

Lets see what Maureen can get out of Pogba. A player to build a team around, or a player to shoehorn into an XI? Went missing on Saturday but I think that's more down to Maureens master selection and tactics than anything else. Would be a shame to waste a world class talent.

I think you'll make top 4 though, maybe.

Not heard what you made of Clattenburgs performance?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: September 14, 2016, 11:53:59 AM »

I think the main reason Man City beat United so easily was simply because they have better players.

Try it for yourself.

Draw up the best combined Utd/City XI.

I made it 8 City, 3 Utd.

And of those 11 positions, De Gea was the only certainty to get in from United.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: