blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:34:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484853 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: September 20, 2018, 08:31:57 PM »

The form, results & (non) performance of Sanchez, who cost Man U a pretty fortune, is a bit sad to see, & something of a mystery to me.

Panic buy that the noisy neighbours declined at the price and them declining and man u falling into the trap of buying has just made the gap between the two clubs even bigger.  What an incredible contract/pension to be on the hook for for many years to come. Quite incredible.  He was never a top 10 performer in the epl before he went for me.

Right up there with some of the stupidest things written on this forum.

And as a writer of many of the others I am in a position to judge.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: September 20, 2018, 08:43:21 PM »

I will bite once.

I don't want to even list the players they would be LOCKS to be considered better than him prior to him leaving Arsenal.  It would be longer than 10.  The fact Man City didn't sign him would suggest at least five of their team were better than him before we consider Kane, Hazard, Kante, Costa, De Gea, the scouse front line and Van Dijk. Lukaku (given he starts ahead of him). Given Arsenal 'paid' Ozil his money and rejected Sanchez (they could only afford one on £350k a week) would suggest your own club didn't rate him ahead of Ozil at the time.

At least six of these are literally 1.01 to be considered superior (and not even close) to Sanchez even at his peak.  Please feel free Adz to list (the very short list) of players who you consider better than Sanchez.  Must be sub 5 for my statement to be 'right up there with the stupidest things written on this forum'.  Looking forward to seeing who makes and misses the cut.

Vardy/Saha probably marginally behind him but still in the debate in that era.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 08:59:19 PM by arbboy » Logged
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: September 20, 2018, 09:17:25 PM »

Pretty pointless to compare Sanchez with de Gea, van Dijk, Kante. Looks a tad desperate Arb.

But i agree with the overall sentiment and I very much doubt that he gets in any end of season representative EPL team through his career. Decent addition to the team of ‘never did it at OT’ though.

Still, we did a win away in the CL.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: September 20, 2018, 09:18:30 PM »

Pretty pointless to compare Sanchez with de Gea, van Dijk, Kante. Looks a tad desperate Arb.

But i agree with the overall sentiment and I very much doubt that he gets in any end of season representative EPL team through his career. Decent addition to the team of ‘never did it at OT’ though.

Still, we did a win away in the CL.

It isn't pointless at all.  I said he was never considered a top 10 player in the EPL.  I didn't discuss position.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: September 21, 2018, 08:56:19 AM »

The form, results & (non) performance of Sanchez, who cost Man U a pretty fortune, is a bit sad to see, & something of a mystery to me.

Are you now the resident football thread fluffer?

Well, when time permits I'm trying to breathe a little life into a few of these threads, yes. A shame to see such indifference, though when posts are made it does seem to get folks posting. August was blonde's quietest month for 13 years, & September might not be much better.

The Liverpool thread is a real shame, the glory days are well & truly in sight, everything they do excites, & yet there's barely a post on the thread. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: September 21, 2018, 09:50:24 AM »

Well, when time permits I'm trying to breathe a little life into a few of these threads, yes. A shame to see such indifference, though when posts are made it does seem to get folks posting. August was blonde's quietest month for 13 years, & September might not be much better.

The Liverpool thread is a real shame, the glory days are well & truly in sight, everything they do excites, & yet there's barely a post on the thread. 

Nonsense.  Liverpool fans everywhere are becoming unbearable.  I visit the Liverpool thread on here as a safe area to get away from it all.  I spend hours just sitting in the thread hiding away from the rest of the internet.  Best thread on blond imo.
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: September 21, 2018, 03:39:07 PM »

Have to be careful as one post anti anything in a thread causes carnage. People have to learn to debate and not get instantly defensive or personal.

Liverpool fans IMO are keeping it down as for so many recent years they have looked good but flopped at te end. Yet to see if King Klopp will be King Flopp. Footballs incred tho.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: September 22, 2018, 12:59:20 AM »

Nonsense.  Liverpool fans everywhere are becoming unbearable.  I visit the Liverpool thread on here as a safe area to get away from it all.  I spend hours just sitting in the thread hiding away from the rest of the internet.  Best thread on blond imo.

Smiley Smiley

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: September 22, 2018, 08:06:54 AM »

Will you lot bugger off with your discussion of Liverpool please. There’s a perfectly good thread for that which would have erupted had they managed to beat Real.
They didn’t because I, and probably many more United fans accepted City winning the league and losing the FA Cup Final as being better outcomes than that.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3039 on: September 23, 2018, 01:37:51 AM »

This is because for months and months the thread asked to be policed but due to bias it was not and people like baron and kinboshi are no more.

Warnings were given and ignored.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: September 23, 2018, 09:43:44 AM »

This is because for months and months the thread asked to be policed but due to bias it was not and people like baron and kinboshi are no more.

Warnings were given and ignored.

That may or may not be true, Jim, but that was then & this is now. Folks still read the threads as much as ever, they just don't post. If folks are reactive in posting rather than pro-active then the place will die.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: September 23, 2018, 09:44:53 AM »

The old boy was back at OT yesterday, & what a wonderful reception he got.

No matter who we support, I doubt any person in English football is better respected.

Click to see full-size image.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: September 23, 2018, 09:58:42 AM »

There was no bias. Still, lets hold grudges hey?

Liverpool will win the title and no one will still post?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: September 23, 2018, 03:21:15 PM »

There was no bias. Still, lets hold grudges hey?

Liverpool will win the title and no one will still post?

You think that’s likely Richard?

Even if it is, could you keep such talk out of this thread please - it really stings to even consider the prospect.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: September 25, 2018, 11:31:52 AM »

The reason why every bad result at Manchester United under Jose Mourinho feels as though it spells the end
Since the departure of Sir Alex Ferguson, every bad result is a calamity always threatening to instantly and unfairly diminish any good results from before

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-news-fc-jose-mourinho-why-loss-season-fixtures-watch-video-a8553511.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: