blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:22:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 488153 times)
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3090 on: October 23, 2018, 05:56:12 PM »

I wonder how both fans and especially sports journalists feel regarding the current crown prince of Saudi Arabia buying the club?

over a billion pound was taken of the club by the leeches Glazers

A  billion ffs.

Imagine how much could sir Alex invested if he had that money, we could have been with 5 or 6 extra champions league with this money.

I hate them so much and I wish the saudis take over the club and kick those bastards away

Well, that is one view expressed on a leading United forum. It is a minority view though.

Steady on feller. The UAE doesn’t have a squeaky clean image regarding Human Rights. I don’t recall any principled protest against your current owners when they started pouring the money in.

I would hope that the Saudis are told to do one if they come knocking.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2018/country-chapters/united-arab-emirates

That's an opinion taken from a united forum, not Archer's opinion.

This is my opinion; I couldn't care less who owns them. They are so far beneath us now that no amount of money or investment will bridge the gap as it stands. Not a single united player would get near our best XI. And hardly any would make the squad. DDG would make a reasonable back up keeper and thats about it.

Not in my lifetime  Cheesy

Irrespective of where the line came from, Archer chose to post it here.

You may well be right about the quality of the two squads. But then you’ve had all the dirty money pouring in, whilst we’ve been funding the Glazers. Say what you like about MUFC but the money we spend has all derived from our efforts, backed by our history and worldwide reputation. Liverpool have done pretty well on a similar basis, as have Arsenal and Tottenham.

Back to the actual football. We did pretty well on Saturday and it was good to see that when the shackles are off we can be an attacking force to be reckoned with.

Looking forward to Tuesday evening with great apprehension.

Dirty money? What makes it dirty?

I thought we’d established that control of the sovereign wealth of the UAE is in the hands of people whose approach to human rights is about as rigorous as my approach to removing fat from my bacon butty.

Ah, you associate human rights issues with dirty money. I didn't realise there was a correlation. I associate dirty money with corruption, crime, money laundering, criminal gangs, drugs etc etc...rather than money earned from natural resources and investment of the proceeds.

By the way, City aren't owned by a SWF.

We could debate this for months but that would get really dull, really fast. I note that the ownership is in the sole hands of one man whose wealth derives from his position within the controlling family.

I’ll avoid further criticism since it seems to be bad for your health
https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2018/country-chapters/united-arab-emirates

Should probably have this conversation over at yours, but what are your expectations this season?

Champions - obviously
Champions League - Win? Would beaten finalist be good? Semi?
Othker cups?

I've read that link before and indeed many of the other country chapters.

I just tire that the human rights stick is used to beat City by rival football supporters. Citeh bingo at it's finest.
Yet all the big clubs are happy to take the dollar from dubious sources. United have or have had associations with state or private businesses from a variety of colourful regimes:
Russia, Turkey Saudi, Azerbaijan, China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE all  with related United sponsorships.

The Billionaires Club is a good read. UAE gets a section naturally but the book is particularly scathing on USA owners as well.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: October 23, 2018, 08:54:46 PM »

What a lack lustre first half on a European night at Old Trafford, verging on the embarrassing.

Can't say I approve of all the hugging and kissing of oppos in the tunnel pre-match. Let's get the opposition all relaxed and happy, makes it feel like a testimonial.

Remember Roy Keane bristling in the tunnel telling Viera he was getting fucked up out on the pitch. United miss that type of character, I mean Valencia just doesn't fulfil that leader role for me.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: October 23, 2018, 08:58:37 PM »

I hope Jose has some half-time magic up his sleeve, his team were completely outclassed first half.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: October 23, 2018, 09:03:31 PM »

Juve are rather good.

Hoping we can string a few passes together in the second half and maybe even get in their faces a bit more.

Still, the Valencia/Young Boys result is helpful.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: October 23, 2018, 09:07:57 PM »

I wish Martin Keown would just STFU.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: October 23, 2018, 09:12:39 PM »

Juve are rather good.

To be fair, yes, very good.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: October 23, 2018, 10:19:57 PM »

Mourinho made some game changing substitution attempts
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: October 23, 2018, 11:31:25 PM »

They're just not very good anymore are they?

Yeah they will probs qualify from the group in 2nd, then get turfed out in the knockout stages by the first team they come up against. But what a fall from grace. Mourinho is fast becoming a tactical dinosaur and its hard to think of a manager (apart from Moyes) who's stock has fallen as vastly and quickly as his.

Great stuff and long may it continue.

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: October 24, 2018, 12:25:44 AM »

They're just not very good anymore are they?

Yeah they will probs qualify from the group in 2nd, then get turfed out in the knockout stages by the first team they come up against. But what a fall from grace. Mourinho is fast becoming a tactical dinosaur and its hard to think of a manager (apart from Moyes) who's stock has fallen as vastly and quickly as his.

Great stuff and long may it continue.

You just summed it up.  They are bang average and over paid for a lot of talent that isn't worth it relative to their rivals buys for similar money.  Ed Wood has a lot to answer for but never has his head on the block.  i want it to be the mid 1980s again this year and they finish solid mid table like when i was a kid.  They were never a big club when i was a kid.  Would be amazing to get back to those days.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: October 24, 2018, 10:43:42 AM »

Anyone watch the Man U-Liverpool game today? Thoughts?

Are Man Utd better then everyone else or is it just a poor PL this season?

Will they win a record 19th title this season?

Who do we need to buy to replace an ageing Giggs/Scholes?

Is Berba the real deal or should he go

SAF replacement? Mourinho or Guardiola?
United showed a lot of patience to get the right guy..hahawwhafffwhafff

sola virtus nobilitat
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: October 24, 2018, 02:51:42 PM »

Anyone watch the Man U-Liverpool game today? Thoughts?

Are Man Utd better then everyone else or is it just a poor PL this season?

Will they win a record 19th title this season?

Who do we need to buy to replace an ageing Giggs/Scholes?

Is Berba the real deal or should he go

SAF replacement? Mourinho or Guardiola?
United showed a lot of patience to get the right guy..hahawwhafffwhafff

WP WP 

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: October 25, 2018, 09:05:25 AM »

Manchester United’s shambolic investments lack a grand design

says

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/24/manchester-united-shambolic-investments-lack-grand-design-jose-mourinho

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: October 29, 2018, 10:18:57 PM »

He’s not wrong.

Although there were some encouraging moments in yesterday’s game, there was still the sense that it could all go horribly awry.

guardian2017
Probation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3103 on: October 30, 2018, 02:03:54 PM »

Manchester United ready to back José Mourinho with £100m-plus in January

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/29/manchester-united-back-jose-mourinho-january-transfer-window-100m

Varane and ...?
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: October 30, 2018, 02:06:12 PM »

£100mil is not even Varane on his own.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: