blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:07:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 188525 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2011, 09:28:22 PM »

I have had a torried last 4 nights of playing. I had the first two nights of final table bubbling about 4/5 very big tourns and then on the latter two days i tilted heavily because of the earlier frustration and got slightly more unlucky than usual. This has made me step back and consider things.

I will have to find out what my roll is after withdrawals make my bank. Also assess where i think i may be going wrong. I know one problem is always trying to include ipoker but i swear to God all it does is tilt me to the high heavens, so despite them having very nice tourns i am going to see them off my list. Then i am going to take off one or two biggies i don't play too well in.

Basically to make sure i am not over exerting myself in the broadness of tournies i take on and play the ones i am most comfortable in. I have a habit of taking too many on and running the risk of those affecting my other tourns. I also have a problem with wanting to play too high too quickly and ignoring the lower $20-30f tourns that i played superbly in. I will be adding those back in and trying to build my roll slower and in a more assured manner so i can always take a tilt hit if needs be, with that leeway i probably won't tilt.

So yeh i am going to be playing lower now with the slight loss in BR, also taking off tourns that go out to tilt me and putting back in more of the tourns i used to crush. Eventually i will find the perfect grind for me.

really really good post mate I really hope I didn't come across as a dick before I think this is ridic sensible and you might only make 80k this year but you'll be in a miles better spot to make 160k next year and billions the year after :p

wish you all the best mate ggllggll

stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2011, 10:45:52 AM »

I have had a torried last 4 nights of playing. I had the first two nights of final table bubbling about 4/5 very big tourns and then on the latter two days i tilted heavily because of the earlier frustration and got slightly more unlucky than usual. This has made me step back and consider things.

I will have to find out what my roll is after withdrawals make my bank. Also assess where i think i may be going wrong. I know one problem is always trying to include ipoker but i swear to God all it does is tilt me to the high heavens, so despite them having very nice tourns i am going to see them off my list. Then i am going to take off one or two biggies i don't play too well in.

Basically to make sure i am not over exerting myself in the broadness of tournies i take on and play the ones i am most comfortable in. I have a habit of taking too many on and running the risk of those affecting my other tourns. I also have a problem with wanting to play too high too quickly and ignoring the lower $20-30f tourns that i played superbly in. I will be adding those back in and trying to build my roll slower and in a more assured manner so i can always take a tilt hit if needs be, with that leeway i probably won't tilt.

So yeh i am going to be playing lower now with the slight loss in BR, also taking off tourns that go out to tilt me and putting back in more of the tourns i used to crush. Eventually i will find the perfect grind for me.

Good post. This is pretty much what you said you would do if you had a couple of bad sessions, and you're showing that you have the discipline to recognise that you need to it, which is pretty important IMO so well done on that and good luck going forward!

Also, might be an idea to take a break (not a long time, like 1-2days) do stuff with mates etc. Remind yourself of the real value of money. Playing mtts its sometimes pretty easy to forget cos you're not thinking anything of winning a 1k prize or w/e. That way u may feel refreshed and be motivated to still grind ur absolute hardest even at a lower money level
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2011, 02:03:35 AM »

sweet, thanks for the responses guys. I played a much more enhanced grind tonight where i omitted the tilt tournies and played the ones i liked but i had a problem with playing too many and that is ok because it won't happen again, i am going to limit myself better now with the experience.

I believe i may be down about $300 for the night or around that as i had some nasty beats and awkward spots for it to be another frustrating night made it to a final table of a $20k gtd but went out in 6th with JJ<KK so that was pretty harsh.

Tomorrow i am looking forward to the grind and have a great feeling i am going to win. Mainly because i am going to make sure i only play a max of 16 tourns (the max i can play and honestly say i maintain control) and only the tourns i love playing, so i just need the luck with me and hopefully i take some huge $$$$ down.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2011, 09:26:48 PM »

well i am in mostly every biggie in europe tonight. My roll is in shocking shape if i dont bink. Sad
iwillwinlots

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2011, 09:40:34 PM »

well i am in mostly every biggie in europe tonight. My roll is in shocking shape if i dont bink. Sad

good BRM
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2011, 10:48:04 PM »

whatever happens tonight i will still be rolled ok for $50fs and 10rs. I just hope it doesnt have to come to that though. Deserve what i get tbh with you, if i do lose out.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2011, 11:24:21 PM »

whatever happens tonight i will still be rolled ok for $50fs and 10rs. I just hope it doesnt have to come to that though. Deserve what i get tbh with you, if i do lose out.

How did it all go? - What did you play?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2011, 12:33:07 AM »

went crap mate waiting a few more days to let the dust settle and then have a look at my br. Going to play cash for the rest of the month on and off because i need to study more this month and that could be the plaguing thing with me, with the degree in the back of my mind i am not concentrating properly. So gonna play a lot less this month. Pump April quite hard, ease off towards the end of it and then tests in may and that is it, i will be a free man so no more excuses then
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2011, 03:25:30 PM »

well its been a month now and its been a time of rebuilding and hardley playing, instead doing some coursework.

The main problem with me is and i have done this 4 times now, is that i crush the $33fs -$10rs and below on the euro sites get my br above $15k then i go mental on the $50rs $100fs and above and i just plummet after a bit of bad luck and then subsequent tiltage. Allowing myself to go crazy because i know how solid i am in the lower tourns to rebuild its as if i am allowing myself to mess about in the higher tourns.

This won't happen again and i am now nursing a very small roll but one i am prepared to build slowly, playing the $22fs and $5rs and below across the euro sites and in the last three sessions i have dominated making about $800. So i am just going to stick with these until i get my roll to say $10k and then maybe start incorporating bigger tourns.

When i have my roll that big again i am just going to make sure i abide my these rules.

1. Update my br daily so i know daily profits and losses including life spending
2. be prepared to move up and down the stakes with results pending
3. Know that i am not superman and don't apply too much pressure when i play the bigger games again. Play what i know and be comfortable and the money will roll in. I only really lose in tourns on a long term basis when i decide that i will ie. not keeping my head and spazzing out.
4. Just in general never lose my head and try all that i can to keep it. Exercising more to release tension, eating better and thus accepting bad beats better.

I am thinking about possibly doing a vlog on youtube, but it will possibly be the most boring thing in the world. I will probably start doing it when i get more successful and have a better life, ie start going out with cos more. But yeh lots to look forward to and when my uni is over in mid may it really is full steam ahead!
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2011, 04:32:15 PM »

gl anup

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2011, 03:23:56 PM »

Past two nights i have played the 5rs and $20fs and below on the euro sites and have been dominating. I think i gotta be one of the best active players across these limits as all the others are gonn abe playing higher. It really is fill my boots time and this is without binking loads of tournies i have only managed a 3rd or fourth in.

I am going to keep this going hoping for more $500 days until i get to about $10k when i can think about playing some $10rs and $50fs. I know i am a winner in the games when my temperament remains stable, so i am going to do all i can to keep cool headed and if i do i feel i have a good future.

Big congratz to Amatay and Greekstein btw on the poker encore deal. The former i would say is on par with me when i get going in tourns and i think he would back that up :S and with the latter he is too good to play donkfests but when he has all i hear about is binks!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2011, 11:28:38 PM »

$1k up day today. Made about 4 final tables, grants the runners were never more than 200 but i am happy with this. Only played $22 and below so i am going great, had to 12 table all day from about 14.30 though and now only the one table up. I would have incorporated more tourns from 8pm onwards till very late only if i didn't have to get up early tomoz but i do so no 12 hour shift allowed!

BR was at about $800 10 days ago and is now at $4k, Gonna stick to these low tourns until i get to $10K where i will probs get rid of the $10f and $3rs and play some 5rs but mainly $10rs/$22-$55fs.

Loving it atm. Showing great composure to rebuild. Will just have to continue to show it as my br reaches $20k
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2011, 12:58:28 AM »

wp fish

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2011, 02:54:55 AM »

$1k up day today. Made about 4 final tables, grants the runners were never more than 200 but i am happy with this. Only played $22 and below so i am going great, had to 12 table all day from about 14.30 though and now only the one table up. I would have incorporated more tourns from 8pm onwards till very late only if i didn't have to get up early tomoz but i do so no 12 hour shift allowed!

BR was at about $800 10 days ago and is now at $4k, Gonna stick to these low tourns until i get to $10K where i will probs get rid of the $10f and $3rs and play some 5rs but mainly $10rs/$22-$55fs.

Loving it atm. Showing great composure to rebuild. Will just have to continue to show it as my br reaches $20k

Glad it's working for you !

I hope you can achieve what you set out to do, just rememeber  - " If it takes you months and months to climb the mountain, but you still get to the top, what is the point of climbing that mountain in a few days, but you slip back down to the beginning of it straight away?"

I hope it works out for you, gl
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2011, 08:09:00 AM »

How about a massive sprint the whole way? lol. Would prefer that more.

Thanks for the support. Don't call this a comeback, i was already here!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: