blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:05:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  china mug on china mug by china mug for china mug courtsy of china mug...a diary
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: china mug on china mug by china mug for china mug courtsy of china mug...a diary  (Read 145920 times)
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: January 24, 2024, 07:50:45 AM »

Doom Bar is ok of there’s nothing much else available but assuming that the Ruddles was their Best Bitter (aka Blue) why would you not just choose that?
I’d take County over Doom Bar too.

I'd take Batemans over any of them
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 24, 2024, 07:57:33 AM »

Who says "One swallow doesn't make a summer"

Think summer, think customers sipping pints with friends and family long into the light-filled evenings. And Batemans have the perfect summer pint to serve them with. Summer Swallow is blended with a variety of hops, making it a crisp, dry, refreshing pale ale with a lemon-fresh finish.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 24, 2024, 09:33:19 AM »

Doom Bar is ok of there’s nothing much else available but assuming that the Ruddles was their Best Bitter (aka Blue) why would you not just choose that?

I won’t argue with that.
But I will raise

Timothy Taylor’s Landlord.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 24, 2024, 04:12:56 PM »

I won’t argue with that.
But I will raise

Yes TTL is a good brew but I was born and bred in a Batemans ale house
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 24, 2024, 05:49:22 PM »

Gotta remember this is dahn sahf.

Real ales - Doom Bar predominates and what I would normally have, Abbot Ale a reasonably accceptable alternative , the several beers you guys mention are not on the menu

sola virtus nobilitat
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 24, 2024, 06:48:57 PM »

I won’t argue with that.
But I will raise

Yes TTL is a good brew but I was born and bred in a Batemans ale house

Lucky lucky man!

Bateman’s is rarely on offer up here, but I did have a very good day of drinking it on a poker weekend in a sports club in Lincoln a year or so back.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 24, 2024, 10:54:08 PM »

You mustn't be searching for decent pubs Glenn. TTL (Don't mind if I do) is widely available south of Watford Gap. Excellent beer when well kept etc etc

I haven't seen or tried Batemans yet, but typhoon's description suggests that it's not one for my palate. Doom Bar, however, is something akin to Double Diamond in my book: never knowingly supped.

However, my personal nectar is London Pride, which is just one of Fullers' offerings. Not sure how far north its distribution reaches, though, so our Northern friends might not know what they're missing. Tetley's Bitter was a great favourite of mine, but it's very hard to find these days

Cheers chaps!
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 25, 2024, 05:37:33 PM »

You mustn't be searching for decent pubs Glenn. TTL (Don't mind if I do) is widely available south of Watford Gap. Excellent beer when well kept etc etc

I haven't seen or tried Batemans yet, but typhoon's description suggests that it's not one for my palate. Doom Bar, however, is something akin to Double Diamond in my book: never knowingly supped.

However, my personal nectar is London Pride, which is just one of Fullers' offerings. Not sure how far north its distribution reaches, though, so our Northern friends might not know what they're missing. Tetley's Bitter was a great favourite of mine, but it's very hard to find these days

Cheers chaps!

Haha, Double Diamond was my Grandad's tipple at his servicemen's club donkeys years ago, truly dreadful.

Metnioned Doom Bar as a Wetherspoon's staple, if I'm in a normal pub then yes, London Pride, when well kept, is just lovely and a first choice for me. Agree on Tetley's too but don't see it much either these days

sola virtus nobilitat
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 25, 2024, 06:10:18 PM »

Cheers chaps!

Pride is usually flat and expensive, I suppose thats what Southerners prefer

Haha, Double Diamond was my Grandad's tipple at his servicemen's club donkeys years ago, truly dreadful.

Metnioned Doom Bar as a Wetherspoon's staple, if I'm in a normal pub then yes, London Pride, when well kept, is just lovely and a first choice for me. Agree on Tetley's too but don't see it much either these days
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 25, 2024, 06:11:07 PM »

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #610 on: January 25, 2024, 06:20:29 PM »

Pride comes before a fall.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 25, 2024, 07:31:56 PM »

One of the first TV adverts I ever recall seeing.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 25, 2024, 07:34:30 PM »

The beer the men drink. (Repeat endlessly).

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 25, 2024, 07:35:53 PM »

Tried to find a London Pride ad, they were great too, but London Pride has a complete new meaning these days which swamps google Search.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 25, 2024, 10:43:12 PM »

I can't argue about it being expensive - £5.40 in my local is at the bottom end of the scale, close to £6.50 in the smoke - but you will only find it flat in public houses where it isn't well kept and served.

Real beer (as opposed to lagers) is, in the end, a matter of the supper's taste - assuming the publican keeps his pipes clean.

My oh my, we're wittering like a bunch of old farts with cloth caps, pipes and fairisle jumpers......
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: