blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:42:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Poor Hank
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poor Hank  (Read 2199 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 07:57:25 PM »

Hank the Puli is not well. When I got down this morning he'd shat all over his crate, then he went out and shat some diarrhea. He vomited a couple of times, then shat some more liquid. Apart from that, he seems as per normal, so likely ate some dodgy leaf or something. I'm going to remove his food for 12 hours, but am I'm unsure if I should be giving him water. I've read that I should remove water to let his insides settle, but, at the same time, I don't want him to dehydrate. Any puppy vomiting/diarrhea tips welcome. Cheers.

Did he not even eat today's outpourings as I thought they were his favourite snack?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 08:31:16 PM »

If the vet thought there was something seriously wrong with the dog he wouldn't have made you wait til 5:30.

Now he'll bung you some jollop and hit you for fiddy.

The older I get, the better I was.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 08:34:16 PM »

Was told the same re: Lily's fringe.  Don't cut it or they can have eye problems.

Really?  Based on what evidence (genuinely interested to read any evidence that supports this)?   Are these the same breeders who breed pedigree dogs with genetic disorders and abnormalities as part of the breed description?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 08:47:39 PM »

Was told the same re: Lily's fringe.  Don't cut it or they can have eye problems.

Really?  Based on what evidence (genuinely interested to read any evidence that supports this)?   Are these the same breeders who breed pedigree dogs with genetic disorders and abnormalities as part of the breed description?

Oh God, don't get me started.

Look at bulldogs, bassets, pugs, bloodhounds, chow chows, great Danes, St Bernard's.......

(Show strains, not working strains obv)

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 08:56:06 PM »

And that's why we've never panicked about trimming her fringe.  Same people also told me I was wrong for cutting the rest of her hair back a couple of times a year because "It doesn't look right." 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 08:56:14 PM »

Sos Kin, misread your post.

As you were....

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 09:15:35 PM »

Hank the Puli is not well. When I got down this morning he'd shat all over his crate, then he went out and shat some diarrhea. He vomited a couple of times, then shat some more liquid. Apart from that, he seems as per normal, so likely ate some dodgy leaf or something. I'm going to remove his food for 12 hours, but am I'm unsure if I should be giving him water. I've read that I should remove water to let his insides settle, but, at the same time, I don't want him to dehydrate. Any puppy vomiting/diarrhea tips welcome. Cheers.

Did he not even eat today's outpourings as I thought they were his favourite snack?

Lol. He may have had a midnight's feast, but I've managed to train him off that I think. Well, I like to think I trained him; he probably just stopped doing it of his own accord.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 09:22:50 PM »

If the vet thought there was something seriously wrong with the dog he wouldn't have made you wait til 5:30.

True. To be honest, I wasn't worried because apart from the eye-through-a-needle deposits, he seemed fine.

It was easy to wipe his ass at least. He turns over for tummy tickles at every opportunity.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2011, 08:55:11 AM »

How's he doing now?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2011, 11:09:57 AM »

How's he doing now?

He seems better and is happily munching away at the special tucker the Vet slipped me.

Slightly sloppy in the excrement department, though, but not liquidy.

Still bright and perky, as if his anal sacks were in perfect working order and that me wiping his bum was a daily occurrence.

He says thanks for asking, in barks.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2011, 11:13:12 AM »

We're really lucky; the VET up here isn't particularly cheap, but they're really good and definitely worth the extra pennies. The guy I took him too yesterday is also a behaviourist, and he invested some extra time helping me out with a couple of training issues we're still struggling with. Seemed keen to help rather than offer a quick fix and shove me out the revolving door.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 12:25:27 PM »

What is Hank like with foxes?

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 12:27:06 PM »

Hope he's been trained to defend his owner.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 01:11:48 PM »

Lol, you've got a good memory.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: